Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Ceilidh's face.

4 posters

Go down

Update on Ceilidh's face. Empty Update on Ceilidh's face.

Post by aurora04 Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Ceilidh saw her plastic surgeon on Thursday. Overall the news is good. The scar is fading well, and he figures it will blanch even white and be barely noticeable. The bad news is that she had 2 "dog ears" that stuck out on the top and the bottom, and the one on the bottom never went away. He figures it will only need a little "nip and tuck" and could be done with a local. I highly doubt it will be done with a local since Ceilidh completely freaks about stuff like that and the thought of a needle just sends her over the edge, let alone a needle to freeze her face. He wants to re-check her in the spring to before any decisions are made. He also thinks the veins around the scar will blanch as well, but he's not sure. He will also re-check that in the spring, and if need be have the laser guys have a look at her.

Overall tho, he is please, so that is good. I was just hoping that this would be the end of it, and there could very well be 2 more steps.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Update on Ceilidh's face. Empty Re: Update on Ceilidh's face.

Post by tara Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Two minor steps and you don't know that for sure yet. Concentrate on the good news and worry about the rest in the spring. I'm glad it's good news though!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:15 pm

I am so happy that it is good news overall. I'm not going to stress too much about anything else. I have no control over it and it's still awhile away. No sense making myself crazy over it. The main part for me tho is the actual scar healing well and being barely noticeable and that looks like the case, so that I'm really happy for. We knew she would need lasering when she got older (he figured teens), but there are more veins there now then there was at the last appointment (not sure if they are just surfacing now, or as her the scar healed, made them more noticeable). I was more hoping it would be done and over with for her own sake. She gets right nervous at her appointments and then takes awhile to heal/adjust after the surgeries (understandably). She's taking it in stride tho. Not sure exactly what she knows/understands tho.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm glad she is healing well, I know how much it bothers you that it tramatizies (sp) her. can they give her gas and put her 'under' to do the local?

Hell, I was damn near 30 before I'd even get a tooth fixed with out gas. LOL I would still use it, but my dentist doesnt offer it. Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:07 pm

Update on Ceilidh's face. 820607 I don't blame you for feeling frustrated and disappointed, even with the good news. Sometimes it just seems that life throws one thing after another at us and that there is never a rest. Hopefully, things will heal up on their own and she never has to go through the additional stress.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down