Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's everyone doing today?

+6
tara
bzzshell
edbson
thebigscott
Lori
BuzzNut
10 posters

Go down

What's everyone doing today? Empty What's everyone doing today?

Post by BuzzNut Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:56 pm

It is such a pretty day. I am working on cleaning out my flower beds getting them ready to plant. I had to take a break though, it is pretty warm outside today. I think it is around 75 here and gorgeous. I was suppose to go to a trap shoot with DH, but he ticked me off and didn't get the whole yard mowed, and didn't help me at all with doing anything around the house, so I didn't go. I kept saying all week, we need to get this or that done if we are going to be gone all day Saturday. Well, Friday came and went and everything didn't get done. The gun club is not my number one priority. My son came home yesterday and he and DH went fishing yesterday evening. Jeremy finished mowing the yard this morning for me so I wouldn't have to do that. Okay, I better shut up on the subject or I will get more ticked off.

Anyway, what is everyone else up to today? I've got a roast and potatoes in the crockpot so dinner is cooking all day, and I am enjoying the day. I made up three containers yesterday of flowers and have two more yet to do in a bit.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

What's everyone doing today? Empty Re: What's everyone doing today?

Post by Lori Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm

I was out raking, but came in to take a break and get a loaf of bread going in the bread machine. I'm still working on picking up dog poo too; we still have some areas of snow, so every day when I go out there's more snow gone and more poo to see. I did some WalMart shopping, too, and picked up a ring of paint colors at the paint store.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:51 pm

I've been running errands all day. My MIL has the kids and Scott had some grading and paperwork to catch up on so I decided to do some of the shopping I put off all week. It was nice to spend a day alone. I hardly ever get to.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm

I have been watching the rain fall, and the yard/street flood. We are up to about 10 inches since Noon, and no end in sight anytime soon. Have Flood warnings, Tornado watches etc. I really really dislike inclement weather.....sigh
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzshell Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:20 pm

I worked in the yard and just came in to watch the Red Wings game!!
bzzshell
bzzshell
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Honeycomb : level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm

edbson wrote:I have been watching the rain fall, and the yard/street flood. We are up to about 10 inches since Noon, and no end in sight anytime soon. Have Flood warnings, Tornado watches etc. I really really dislike inclement weather.....sigh
OMG! I hope things slack off soon. Stay safe.

I just came inside for the day, I am pooped. I even got the area ready that I plant tomatoes, cukes, and squash. There is more that I would have liked to have gotten done, but I'm tired, and will have to wait until Wednesday. If it doesn't get too cold that is. It is suppose to get down to a high in the 50's this week. I think Friday it is suppose to be back in the 70's and I am off....yippee
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Shoveling dirt, lol. Lots and lots of dirt. Hubby made me another garden box, but he didn't do it before my brother brought me a dump truck load of topsoil. So I had to move it into the new box and shovel the rest into the pickup so we could get it inside thankfully it fit. Finished a half hour before the rain came. My back hurts. Ran some errands and now relaxing until the kids go to bed and I have to clean the house.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 pm

We spent the day shopping for fish! We set up a 20 gallon tank yesterday (our first fish besides a Betta that we had since Easter), so we wanted to buy some fish for it today! We bought 7 fish and a dwarf frog. Looks like we are losing the Neon Tetra tho. The store is going to replace it even tho he said we should have left the tank set up for 5 days before putting anything in to build an ecosystem! Well they never told us that, and they asked specifically how long our tank was set up for (we wanted to buy algae eaters as well), and when we told them, they didn't say anything!

We also had to go to the ER with Zach. While fish shopping, he started crying and screaming that he wanted to leave (he likes the fish section of the pet store). I had to give him motrin this morning because he was crying his ear hurt (no fever tho), so we decided to get him checked out. Sure enough ear infection!!

I was supposed to finish pruning one of my trees in front of the house because I did half of it last weekend and never got back to finishing it and it's looking kind of silly because it's beside 2 trees that are finished and the left hand side of this one tree isn't done. LOL. I'll have to do it tomorrow, weather (and kids) permitting.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:47 pm

YOu need "junk fish" for about 10 days, if not longer, then get "real" fish. They will all die before the water is right, sadly.

I can't wait to set up a new aquarium , I probably will as soon as I can. I miss my fish! I had 100 gallon salt water tank, but I am thinking fresh this time, they are easier.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:53 pm

I busted my butt at the golf course today. Had to unexpectadly set up for a wedding reception. I don't normally work Sundays but will be back up there tomorrow for a tourney.
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:07 pm

we finally moved our tank and got it going a couple days ago. I have been promising Saige fish for months, hopefully Tues. It was suppose to be today so we pacified her with a bon fire and nightcrawler hunting. Just got her to bed so she should be in rare form tomorrow. I hope Zach is okay, your poor kids, hang in there summer is coming which will hopefully bring a needed relief from all the school bugs coming home.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Connie wrote:I busted my butt at the golf course today. Had to unexpectadly set up for a wedding reception.

Was it a shotgun wedding?
Wink
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:26 pm

I watched Sam's wild mood swings all day Shocked
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:40 am

Thanks for the info on the fish! It would have been nice if the guy at the pet store told us tho. Luckily nothing was overly expensive. The most expensive thing we bought was a Dwarf Frog that Ceilidh really wanted and that cost $5.99. 2 were under $5.00, and the last 5 were on sale for 5 for $5.00. If the rest of the fish die, I'm not too worried. I just don't want that frog to die. Ceilidh really really wanted it!

Tara - Thanks! I can't wait for summer either! There has been enough germs in my house this year! With how bad it was this year, last year was even worse (for colds). This year was bad for the bigger things tho. Last year was all colds (for Ceilidh) and ear infections for Zach. I don't want to complain too much, because last year was really bad for Zach. He was on antibiotics every month (if not more) during cold/flu season, where this year he has only been on them a handful of times. I also don't want to complain too much this time because he has no fever! He usually spikes high fevers for at least 3 days with ear infections, but this time it was just the pain (not that the pain is good, but it is much more manageable then his fevers).
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:25 pm

my sunday was spent outside in 100 degree weather watching my college's Men's lacrosse game and getting the front of my legs burned...

I would love to have some 70 degree weather...
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down