Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some freaky storms last night

5 posters

Go down

some freaky storms last night Empty some freaky storms last night

Post by edbson Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 am

We had some freaky strong storms last night, wind, hail, tornadic activity...was quite interesting. I took these pics at ball practice, when we were leaving.

some freaky storms last night 172cf910

some freaky storms last night 491f3e10
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

some freaky storms last night Empty Re: some freaky storms last night

Post by chelle Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 am

Cool!

it hit here after dark. it was pretty loud. supposed to do it again tonight.
Be my luck it does it saturday too.

we have opening morning. I have to drive in for a 'parade' where they call in all the teams, line them up and release balloons. got to be there by 9:30. leaving by 10:30. we didnt have a game that day.
TILL a parent got upset, because they had invited in both sets of grandparents for opening day. so he went to the leauge president. he is gona change it for us.

NOONE in their right mind invites people on opening day. The highschool always has a tournoment, as does girls softball usually, AND putting ALL the kids there at the same time really overcrowds the place.
BUT, since we are getting 'stuck' on the schedule somehwere, it means I have to drive BACK to town that evening. (can anyone say Saturday shot all to hell?) and play at 5.
But the really bad part is, my kids were supposed to be in a parade in a differnt town that day. Its the Rodeo weekend in woodville.
They had to skip that for opening ceramonies, BUT were still going to go to the Rodeo. Now iwth us being stuck on the schedule at 5, they wont make the rodeo, it starts at 7. We wont even be home by then!

But you watch. We will cancle the rodeo, give away the tickets, skip the parade, and it will rain again, and rain us out.

Its supposed to Rain all day Friday and clear off, but I dont trust it.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:58 am

Erin, those are freaky! I would not have liked being out with those hanging over me.

I've been meaning to ask, how's Bridge City doing? I know your house is well under way, but I also know a lot of families that lost homes in the hurricane and flooding didn't have insurance. Did a lot of people leave? Is the government helping much/any? Churches? Volunteers? I never saw much of anything about it on the news and I wonder if that meant that no one knew that you guys needed help.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:07 pm

*is going to be nice for once and not express my feelings about the media and huricannes that dont go where they want...*

Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 pm

cool pictures. Scary, but cool.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 pm

The rain didn't hit here till after dark either, about 10:30, those were near Winnie, freaky clouds.

There has been a church group here since a week or so after the hurricane, helping with clothes, food, cleaning supplies, and acutally helping with physical work on houses for those that need it. People are getting back into their houses now, work is being done, and finished. It just takes time. Some people, like one of my neighbors is just now starting on their house, had to wait on insurance, and stuff. FEMA is a joke, Some have sold their homes AS IS, for way less than they are worth, to just get out of the hassle. One of our neighbors sold his, a house that prehurricane was probably in the 150-180K range, sold it for 35K as is.

Our builder told me this morning a couple of weeks to a month, I am holding out for the 2 weeks....or I will need some good strong pills.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:18 pm

We still have a few tarps on houses here. And the builders are pretty busy.
Of course there are still people who have damage (signifigant) from Rita, but if you cant afford to fix it, you cant afford to fix it.

And there are some houses that are just getting finished from Rita or were when Ike visited. LOL

I still have trees down all over from Rita, BR decided they were good compost I reckon... LOL We have been VERY fortunate on the both of them.

But I heard that for the next 7 or so years, we are in the path.

It was funny, when we were building the chicken coop and all, I asked him which direction we should put the walls, door, lean to etc. for high winds. He said it didnt matter. Rita hit us from one direction, with the wind going this way, and Ike hit from the other, wind going that way. you just put it there and pray you dont get hit again. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Ooooohhh, those are ominous looking.. I think I would pee my pants if we ever had a tornado... They say that we have had tiny ones up here before, but I just think they were small whirlwind, type things. They have never done any more damage than maybe knocking a tree or two down and blowing some vinyl siding off a few peoples houses.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down