Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am so unbelievably angry at my brother and worried at the same time..

+8
BuzzNut
Lori
tara
aurora04
chelle
Honey
thebigscott
KellyM
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

I am so unbelievably angry at my brother and worried at the same time.. - Page 4 Empty Re: I am so unbelievably angry at my brother and worried at the same time..

Post by KellyM Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:11 pm

I just heard from my mom, she couldn't talk long but someone is supposed to be calling them any minute now to talk about my brothers mental state of mind. He refuses to take a shower/bath, he won't even make himself a sandwich, he WILL eat whatever is in mom's fridge though, he sits in front of their TV all day with the volume blasting up until and past mom and dad's bedtime, their bedroom adjoins the livingroom, he cannot remember to take his meds, and I could go on and on, stuff you would not believe, suffice it to say he needs to live somewhere that someone will take care of those things for him and/or makes sure he does them. Mom and Dad are in their 60's they don't need to be catching hell from their son who is in his 40s because they are telling him to take a shower since he hasn't cleaned himself in over a week, (that and many, many other things ) it's too much..

I think they may try to find a way to evaluate him without him knowing that's what's going on...I don't know
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

I am so unbelievably angry at my brother and worried at the same time.. - Page 4 Empty Re: I am so unbelievably angry at my brother and worried at the same time..

Post by tara Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Good Luck to them, I feel for all of you, it is such a tough place to be and heartbreaking too.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 pm

oh kelly, that SUCKS!! I hope they can get him the help he needs!!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:05 pm

It probably would be best if they did arrange it all without his knowing. Scott's dad got like that in his last few years. After his stroke he was supposed to wear a leg brace to walk. He had got like your brother, not bathing, not wanting anyone to change the sheets if he'd wet the bed, not taking his pills. So when he decided not to bother with the leg brace he ended up falling and breaking his hip. He never walked again except with a leg brace, a walker, and people assisting. He was just not able to think about the consequences of not taking care of himself.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:10 pm

Hopefully, they can do an eval without him knowing what is going on, It is likely. Maybe then he can get the help he needs, it sounds like he has not been stable for quite some time.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:45 pm

I've evaluated people without them knowing. Hopefully there's an opening somewhere that can take care of him soon. You're right, your parents don't need that kind of stress now.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:35 pm

Its hard, I was talking to mom tonight and she was feeling awful, someone will be out to their house sometime this week. She said she felt like she was feeding him to the wolves. I reminded her that if he didn't get help that when the day comes her and dad are no longer around, that he wouldn't be set up to get the help he needed and he would be lost. I told her that they wouldn't be doing him any favors in the long run by continuing the way they are. She doesn't want things to keep going the way they are and knows that this has to be done, but it still doesn't make it easy. No amount of telling her that the right decision is being made will make her feel any better about it, in a way she feels she is betraying him...
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:54 pm

He most likely will see it that way, but in the long run it is the right thing to do. He obviously needs the help and if it saves him from himself than no matter how tough it is... it easier than seeing him dead or wasting away. He will get over it, no doubt he will be extremely pissed off, but it might and probably will help him to see that it was the necessary thing to do.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4