Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omaha Steaks mypoints GC

4 posters

Go down

Omaha Steaks mypoints GC Empty Omaha Steaks mypoints GC

Post by moonunit Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi guys! I'm a professional lurker, only materializing once in a long while... but I wanted to let you know. I finally cashed in my Mypoints a few weeks ago from the Shaloha transfer -- I got $25 Target (arrived fine, worked fine) and $50 Omaha Steaks. I'd never tried them before and wanted a low-risk way to see if they were any good.

Anyway, despite what the description on the Mypoints web site says, the certificate itself says you need to go to a special web site that has "corporate rewards" or some such thing. The offers on those pages are TOTALLY different than on the main Omaha Steaks site. With my $50 card I'd only be able to get a pair of lobster tails and pair of steaks, called the "anniversary gift" or something. The gift certificate code did NOT work on the main site.

HOWEVER, if you call them up, you can give them the product number from the main Omaha Steaks web site and they will redeem the certificate for those products instead. I had found a deal on retailmenot, and instead of two steaks/two lobsters, my order contained:

4 Sirloins
4 pork chops
4 chicken breast
10 burgers
8 franks
2 stuffed sole
4 stuffed potatoes
6-piece cutlery set
cutting board
cookbook

So you can see why I was upset! Smile Anyway, the product item number for the big pack is 4665BVN, and the price is $49.99. I still had to pay about $16 shipping, but at least this way I'll have a VERY good idea whether I like their product before I come back and shop again!

Hope this helps someone who is looking for a way to spend their Mypoints and doesn't want to get ripped off by the conditions on the certificate... Now if only the food is decent. Smile

Happy shopping!

-moonunit

P.S. -- I don't use Mypoints for anything, tried like four times to do their offers and never once got the points I was supposed to get. I wonder if that happens to everyone. I don't have time to chase down every redemption! Oh well...
moonunit
moonunit
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Omaha Steaks mypoints GC Empty Re: Omaha Steaks mypoints GC

Post by Lucky Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:22 pm

My aunt orders from them all the time, and loves their food, but I've not seen it, nor tried it. I'd be curious to hear how you like them.

Last edited by Lucky on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucky
Lucky
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:17 pm

OMG! What a scam that would have been if you hadn't had the presence of mind to call them up! But thank goodness you did because that sounds like a great deal for $16. Let us know how you like them.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Yes, let us know. I've always been tempted to try them but......
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down