Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Womlets and my take on them.

+6
Lori
mrschia
idatater46
tegansmom
DisneyKrayzie
chelle
10 posters

Go down

Womlets and my take on them. Empty Womlets and my take on them.

Post by chelle Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:16 am

Ya know, if bzzagent really wanted to give us something 'cool', that costs them NO money, they would have taken the womlets to a new level. and not basicly used google adsense.

They would have contarcted with some of the companies they do WOM with and given us printable coupons for those products, OR % off those products. or even every one in 1,000 reports gets a free product. NOT this BS of clickable ads.

I think it would have been more promotion for the products, kept them in our heads, been an ongoing campaign FOR bzz, therefor giving them a reason to charge MORE to the company and they could have still made money off of us. And if we have the choice of buying Aveeno at the expensive price, or a cheaper one that is about the same, we might stick with aveeno if we get a coupon. therefor making our WOM more effective AND upping Bzzs power in the WOM feild.

Of course, I aint college educated, live in the big city and smart enough to work there. I am just the target audience for cleaning supplies, lotions, beauty regimine, etc.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Womlets and my take on them. Empty Re: Womlets and my take on them.

Post by chelle Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:19 am

OH and I probebly turn in more reports than at least 50% of the higher teired agents.

But I am in the minority and dont fall down to my knees telling bzzagent they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DisneyKrayzie Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:07 pm

I just psted my idea on womelts in the beelog last night.

I have a suggestion that would be a good solution for those worthless womlets, the low rate of the points per report, and the issue of only doing the minimum amount of reports since you can only advance with 2 reports per campaign.

How about rewarding people that write an excellent report with something special every now and then, instead of a the womlets always being the unwanted ads, what if they were some times bonus rewards. The more frequent rewards could be Bzz branded items, like troll dolls that so many love, key chains, pens, stickers or whatever. And then a few may be lucky enough to get the good things, iPods, Kitchen Aid mixers, PSP… and so on. That would encourage all those great really active Bzzers to keep on writing their reports after their first two and encourage people that write really short mediocre reports to write much better!!
DisneyKrayzie
DisneyKrayzie
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 116
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by tegansmom Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:41 pm

I agree DisneyKrayzie. I'm hoping there is something they aren't telling us. Like submit a certain number of reports (no matter the campaign) and we'll offer you a toaster or whatever. It seems to me that Joe was really excited about the WOMlets, and it shouldn't be because of them advertizing specials to us. At least that's what I think.
tegansmom
tegansmom
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:09 pm

I see absolutely nothing exciting about the Womlets- they have no redeeming qualities at all in my opinion. I may be the only one, but today I worry more about buying what my family NEEDS or buying gasoline- I don't think I have seen any Womlets that I would touch with a ten foot pole. Its ridiculous. I would rather donate to any organization that to do this. I for one have no need of a pair of $100 or $200 pants for myself or anyone else. I would be happy with somethings like the Trolls- small inexpensive stuff that Bzz could have supplied. You cannot tell me that most agents are happy with the changes and the Bzz attitude now seems to be 'Suck it up or leave"!
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:12 pm

I have hopes that their will be a special great one liked mentioned about.

Or maybe the Ford Flex, lol
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm resurrecting this topic out of frustration and boredom, but first:
I have hopes that their will be a special great one liked mentioned about.

Or maybe the Ford Flex, lol

Yeah whatever happened to the Ford Flex? I wants!

You know, we all have some experience with websites, survey sites, contests, etc. We don't always get a prize, but sometimes a lucky winner will get something, be it a gift card to a Brick and Mortar, an Amazon gift code, or a prize like an iPod.

Wouldn't it be nice if BzzAgent worked with this idea so that once in a while, instead of being awarded a Womlet, a BzzAgent would be awarded with something wonderful and unexpected? This could even work with the FrogPond. Maybe once in a Blue Moon, someone could win something just for taking a Frogpond survey.

Let's discuss prize ideas! (Aren't I optimistic?)

Bzz Slippers or BzzFlipFlops (we get to tell what size we wear)
Gift Cards
Bonus Kit for a current campaign - even if we aren't in that campaign!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:28 pm

50,000 MyPoints would be decent.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:21 am

extra mypoints, even 1000 of them would be sweet
extra bzz kits,
a free golden key, for decoration
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:11 am

chelle wrote:Ya know, if bzzagent really wanted to give us something 'cool', that costs them NO money, they would have taken the womlets to a new level. and not basicly used google adsense.

They would have contarcted with some of the companies they do WOM with and given us printable coupons for those products, OR % off those products. or even every one in 1,000 reports gets a free product. NOT this BS of clickable ads.

I think it would have been more promotion for the products, kept them in our heads, been an ongoing campaign FOR bzz, therefor giving them a reason to charge MORE to the company and they could have still made money off of us. And if we have the choice of buying Aveeno at the expensive price, or a cheaper one that is about the same, we might stick with aveeno if we get a coupon. therefor making our WOM more effective AND upping Bzzs power in the WOM feild.

Of course, I aint college educated, live in the big city and smart enough to work there. I am just the target audience for cleaning supplies, lotions, beauty regimine, etc.

I was on Bzz's main page and saw this topic, I thought "hmmm, sounds interesting" so I clicked. Then I read it, and realized I wrote it.

ya know. aside from the typo's (OFW, I am sure I was nursing a kid while I typed it one handed), it sounds very well thought out, intelegent and doable. I am proud of me, and realized that I might not be as dumb as I look (cute little blonde with a big smile, ROFLMAO).

Anyway, thanks Erin, for bringing this one back up top. I needed a pick me up tonight and this did it. Even if noone listens to me, Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:43 am

Well, I'm not Erin but I'm glad I was able to give you a little pick-me-up anyhow, Chelle!

I just can't tell you how ridiculous I find seeing a Frogpond site listed as a Womlet after each report I file. Seriously, it's insulting.

Really? For me? This exquisite Frogpond site? Thank you so much!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:01 am

Chelle, you were dead on! That's a much, much better idea than showing us frogs and pretending they're doing us a favor. Shoot, even a link to a BzzProduct homepage that is offering printable coupons would be better, even if it was just the coupons they offer to everyone. I know I printed the ZipLoc Big Bag BOGO this week, and I'd love to get a printable for sonicare replacement heads.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 am

Sorri Lori!! It was 3:30 am !!! LOL

I got the ziploc bogo too. thats a much better deal than the 1.00 off. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Womlets and my take on them. Empty Womlets are useless!!!

Post by grammaj Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Chelle wrote that Womlets were google adsense. THANK YOU!! I agree. I live in a relatively rural area and most of them are useless to me to begin with. I was really disappointed when Bzzagent came out with this little suprise. I also agree with getting more for Bzz Reports. I had one campaign that I did 7 reports on because it was something very visible in my home and all my guests noticed it. Still with all I did I got the same reward as someone who does 2 reports. It seems to me we should be better rewarded with the more work we do.

grammaj
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 7
Honeycomb : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by effdee Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:11 pm

If anything the Womlets have gotten a lot worse. At first they were (lame) online coupons - now they're all "Go visit the Frogpond!" Sorry, I do the minimum frogs per month, and only in the interest of getting more campaigns. I don't browse it.

effdee
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 pm

I agree, effdee. I don't really understand why they continue the charade.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down