Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular opinion..?

+13
mandja
arny
Scarlett
Scar
Connie
aurora04
Honey
59pearly
trax
tara
edbson
Rebecca1340
kath
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unpopular opinion..? - Page 2 Empty Re: Unpopular opinion..?

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:11 pm

sati769leigh wrote:i apologise for any misunderstanding there as well. i was not meaning to in any way imply that the OP was one of those peeps.

guess I'm slow.... or technologically challenged Laughing what's an OP?
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:13 pm

and just because I don't post anything more on this thread tonight doesn't mean I'm not a happy camper... it's 10:15 and my bedtime (I get up at 5 am to do a 4 mile walk... have to, heat/humidty is almost unbearable any later)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 pm

bizzeedee wrote:
sati769leigh wrote:i apologise for any misunderstanding there as well. i was not meaning to in any way imply that the OP was one of those peeps.

guess I'm slow.... or technologically challenged Laughing what's an OP?

sorry it means original poster, person who started the thread
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:30 pm

bizzeedee wrote:and just because I don't post anything more on this thread tonight doesn't mean I'm not a happy camper... it's 10:15 and my bedtime (I get up at 5 am to do a 4 mile walk... have to, heat/humidty is almost unbearable any later)

I'm impressed Dee. At 5 am I might possibly be dreaming of walking 4 miles, lol. I don't get my daily walks anymore. Not since moving here. I live on a state highway and I am just not brave enough to walk down the side of it. I'm lucky if I get in one or two a week, since I have to drive to take a walk ( go figure) and lately with a 11 month old and 17 month old and no double stroller, I haven't gotten any. I could get up early and do them but itr takes me HOURS to fall asleep so by 5 am I am just getting into a good sleep and I agree later it's just too damn hot.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:12 am

All I can say is there is something to be said for patience. And even for those who feel they have lost something... it might be better than you think.

Many years ago.. When my oldest child was in grade 5.... they decided to start putting him.. and all the kids his age that were in the middle school.... on a bus with high school kids. There was a hue and cry! Bad idea! the older kids could bully the younger ones! They might ( omg) swear... or heaven knows what!! I protested loudly.. and repeatedly...obnoxiously!

Well..turns out those older kids took care of the younger ones. They watched out for them and it was the best thing that could have happened. And when the middle school kids moved up to high school, they already knew kids.. and it passed to them to watch out for the next group of middle schoolers. Turns out high school kids were still our kids after all...

Nothing bad happened at all.. only good...

I learned a lot with that experience...

They don't say patience is a virtue for nothing.... someone who learned that lesson coined that phrase.

I could not agree more that everyone is entitled to their own feelings and opinions.. as a very opinionated person, I am all for opinions... this is mine.

Unpopular opinion..? - Page 2 Icon_peace
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:04 am

kath wrote:All I can say is there is something to be said for patience. And even for those who feel they have lost something... it might be better than you think.

Many years ago.. When my oldest child was in grade 5.... they decided to start putting him.. and all the kids his age that were in the middle school.... on a bus with high school kids. There was a hue and cry! Bad idea! the older kids could bully the younger ones! They might ( omg) swear... or heaven knows what!! I protested loudly.. and repeatedly...obnoxiously!

Well..turns out those older kids took care of the younger ones. They watched out for them and it was the best thing that could have happened. And when the middle school kids moved up to high school, they already knew kids.. and it passed to them to watch out for the next group of middle schoolers. Turns out high school kids were still our kids after all...

Nothing bad happened at all.. only good...

I learned a lot with that experience...

They don't say patience is a virtue for nothing.... someone who learned that lesson coined that phrase.

I could not agree more that everyone is entitled to their own feelings and opinions.. as a very opinionated person, I am all for opinions... this is mine.

Unpopular opinion..? - Page 2 Icon_peace

GREAT anecdote!! loved that. thanks for sharing!! Some of the change could be good, maybe all, who knows? LOL I do not share your opinion on this but I can respect yours. you are not slamming everyone who has a different opinion just saying lighten up. that works. I just wish ALL the negativity would go away on behalf of those for or against this change. I have let slip some negativity in being sarcastic with some of the not so pleasant people on the log myself. I like coming HERE becuase i see people do a free exchange of thoughts and stuff without all that junk.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by mandja Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:46 am

I am completely okay with the changes... I don't mind MyPoints or the level changes... I really don't get the Womlets... but they are not bad! The only thing that I am upset about is the fact that our points are now worth nothing! When they switch to MyPoints the value went down which was okay... I was okay with get 30 bzz points X 8 240 MyPoints... but now they just plan give us less... it is like a slap in the face to all our hard work! I thought the whole point of the company is WOM of products?!? Well they just took the reason for good WOM out... they basicly have told us just to write two reports... by all mean I will still bzz because I love sharing the products with other but I am not going to take my time and effort to write a report that is worth nothing... I will do my two for each campaign and leave it at that! So that is what I am upset about... other than that I think the changes are great! But I really hope they keep the bonus bzz kits!
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 377
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:31 am

mandja wrote:I am completely okay with the changes... I don't mind MyPoints or the level changes... I really don't get the Womlets... but they are not bad! The only thing that I am upset about is the fact that our points are now worth nothing! When they switch to MyPoints the value went down which was okay... I was okay with get 30 bzz points X 8 240 MyPoints... but now they just plan give us less... it is like a slap in the face to all our hard work! I thought the whole point of the company is WOM of products?!? Well they just took the reason for good WOM out... they basicly have told us just to write two reports... by all mean I will still bzz because I love sharing the products with other but I am not going to take my time and effort to write a report that is worth nothing... I will do my two for each campaign and leave it at that! So that is what I am upset about... other than that I think the changes are great! But I really hope they keep the bonus bzz kits!

i am not sure where everything is getting the idea thatyou dont get points for more than 2 reports in a campaign? i sumbitted 5 yesterday, 4 have been reviewed i got points for all of those. 2 were for the same campaign and i have lots of reports already for that campaign.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by mandja Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:34 am

No you do get points for every report you turn in they just are not worth anything.
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:36 am

I just talked to Jake via PHONE and you do INDEED still get points past the first 2 reports. its just that more reports do not help your level. but you stil earn more mypoints!
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:36 am

mandja wrote:No you do get points for every report you turn in they just are not worth anything.

well they do add up eventually to something with mypoints. just takes a while
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by mandja Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:37 am

well compared to what we were getting these points are a waist of time and a slap in the face!
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:39 am

mandja wrote:No you do get points for every report you turn in they just are not worth anything.
I know what you mean. The points are worth peanuts compared to what they were before. 50 MyPoints is only around what 7 or 8 BzzPoints used to be.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:44 am

peanuts are still free peanuts to me! LOL would i like them to be worth more?!?! heck yeah. do i feel like Bzz agent said we are not as valuable to them as we once were HECK YEAH. am i going to stop ? NOPE LOL
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:53 am

If you're happy that's great! I feel the same as Mandja. Still do, but decided to opt out of the points altogether partly because I didn't want the constant reminder of being slapped across the face and partly because they're worthless here anyway. They'll be getting two reports/campaign from me and that's it.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhtTigress Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:35 am

I figured it up that we are getting about 39 cents per report.. that's if you get 55 points, and don't get any of the more expensive cards. The time I spend just writing the reports is way more valuable than that. Writing the reports up takes longer than the bzz most of the time. I will do my 2 for the status, but 39 cents is ridiculous to me to do any more than that.
WhtTigress
WhtTigress
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 105
Honeycomb : Level 6 - Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:57 am

Rebecca1340 wrote:If you're happy that's great! I feel the same as Mandja. Still do, but decided to opt out of the points altogether partly because I didn't want the constant reminder of being slapped across the face and partly because they're worthless here anyway. They'll be getting two reports/campaign from me and that's it.

i am not exactly 100% happy. but wil work with it cause it is better than nothing at all to me. but i totally respect and understand where you are coming from on this. wow, you opted out!! I did not know that.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2