Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular opinion..?

+13
mandja
arny
Scarlett
Scar
Connie
aurora04
Honey
59pearly
trax
tara
edbson
Rebecca1340
kath
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unpopular opinion..? Empty Unpopular opinion..?

Post by kath Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:28 pm

There seems to be a lot of disatisfaction about the changover. I am baffled as to why..especially among the US agents.
Many have already cashed in to the tune of a couple of hundred dollars or more...

There was a list of Canadian possibilitites here somewhere... why not hold onto your points ... get a card and see what happens?
Without trying out the system, there is no way to know....? You worked for those points.. so many worries have proved to be unfounded.. give it a chance?

There is never change without issues.. not matter what or where or when..
but seriously, as soon as one issue is found to be invalid ( like gift cards disappearing, or going up .. another
rears its ugly head. And we still have no idea how things are actually going to be when all is said and done.

So what if we only get 55 points? There are plenty of other ways to get points... BESIDES online shopping.

I am not being judgemental here.. just honest...

I do not like seeing all the negativity ... look for the positive ..
and give it a chance... why not?

And besides.. it is what it is.. all the moaning and groaning is not going to put it back the way it was..
make the best of it...

I know that many here don't want to hear this.. but geez! Give it a chance~? Unpopular opinion..? Hide
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Unpopular opinion..? Empty Re: Unpopular opinion..?

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 pm

I can't speak for the Americans, but the "Canadian options" are unavailable for most Canadians. They're not living up to their promises, that's why a lot of us are not happy campers. Holding on to points won't change that for people that live a couple of hours or more away from the stores. Small town shopping here just isn't the same as it is in the US.
I really am glad that some people are happy with the changes though.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:36 pm

I don't really dislike or like the new system. I kinda have no opinion really. I don't especially like mypoints, but then again, I got something for my several years of bzzing. I am not gonna complain about mypoints GC's but i might about being forced to use mypoints to redeem points.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Oh wait, I forgot to add that I do like that my entire 2 years as an agent is taken into consideration for my tier. With the campaign dry spells we get here that is kind of nice.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm

I see a couple good points. I like that older agents (time not age) are getting some recognition for that time.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that reports are getting rejected.

The one liners burnt my ass more than anything else. I'm hoping no one posts one here complaining about it being returned. Not sure I could manage to hold onto the "if you have nothing nice to say don;t say anything at all" feeling. I will probably have to say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA GOOD.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:43 pm

kath - opinions are valued. Sure, everyone will become adjusted and well rounded with the new system.

Excuse me - I am menopausal and got bit by a spider - watch out (not you personally). I could burst like a dam or be as calm as a cucumber. It is the toss of the coin, roll of the dice. . .
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:47 pm

I agree Rebecca. There was a really long dry spell where I wasn't offered anything after the Purple Credit card. I was really gratefull to have my entire history considered in determining my area. And all my pond visits.. It's just that I am slowly understanding the new system, especially since the last report..
59pearly
59pearly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:52 pm

I know Rebecca.. but how does it hurt to try before giving up?
I hate to see you give up your points without actually trying out the system...so far it has been better than most have thought...and NO system is going to be fair to everyone...keeping your history in mind turned out to the good for most..
It sucks for some, but hang in until you are sure that no compensation is forthcoming... it might be~

opinions are valuable...I certainly understand that people are unhappy.. some with good reason... but constant bashing of a system that we are not sure of yet seems overkill to me ..sorry.... I am hot and hungry and grumpy but wait and see for a few days.. that just doesn't seem to be a lot to do.

Have an opinion.. but wait and see if the changes are as bad as we expect.. so far ... with all the cashing in mentioned here.. it looks like we are doing pretty well..

Americans anyway.. and Canadians? I just hope that Canadians will hld onto their points to see if anything is done for them.... It might be! or it might not be as bad as expected .
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:53 pm

I think that is bothering me most of all.. not hanging onto points to see what happens...
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:58 pm

I appreciate your optimism, but I've seen BzzAgent try to come across as Canadian friendly for 2 years now. In some ways they are -- we do get the odd campaign up here, but in all honesty they really don't seem to have any understanding that we live in a foreign country where we don't have the big American stores in every small town. They're trying to treat us like America Junior which is not only insulting, it's also not working for many agents.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:58 pm

I feel ripped off in many ways, but as for positive, I have already stated that they have set me free. I will just sit back and wait for a good campaign to buy my way into (because they don't offer me many without a key). Then just write two little reports, do the 3 frogs per month and the post campaign poll. My life got easier and BzzAgent gets less from me. Who wins there? Me I think, because I feel set free now and they get less reports from me. Seems quite stupid of them imo, but whatever, it is their company.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:03 pm

See? there is positive... And as for Bzz... there will be fewer reports to slog thru.. There must be a plus for them.. though we won't know it..
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm

America insults Canada all the time.. I know...
They don't even know that they are doing it..
not an excuse.. just what I think.. and I apologise on behalf ...of it all
But even if it is not AS good for Canadians.. it might not be AS bad as expected? But why not see what happens? They might actually do it this time.
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:08 pm

I'm actually quite happy with the changes. Granted as a Canadian, the rewards aren't the greatest, and there are really only a couple stores that I can get a GC for from giftcertificates.ca but that's fine with me. Since my demographics are horrible (small island, not in a major city), I don't get many of the Canadian campaigns, it will take me awhile to fill my honeycombs (I'll probably only really get the frog pond ones), but oh well. I never really got to see all the great Canadian campaigns, so I don't really know what I'm missing either.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:08 pm

I haven't been trying to be negative and hope my posts haven't been seen that way. I have held onto my points because I want to cash out big.

For me personally, Im someone who NEEDS to understand what's behind a program and how it works. From bzzagents business perspective Im having a hard time seeing the benefits for them or their clients on some issues. The 50 pt a report thing for instance.

In all fairness Im very confused on what Im reading about two reports.. if it's actually a requirement that you must submit 2 reports in order to be active and continue getting campaigns, then I can see where they are coming from as far as the 50 pts.

If however agents can submit one report and stay active, then how does giving 50 pts a report benefit bzzagent or their clients and thus the amount of campaigns we can get into?

Again, not trying to be negative, I for one am sticking it out to see how this whole new program works. I just want to understand what Im getting into.
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Connie wrote:If however agents can submit one report and stay active, then how does giving 50 pts a report benefit bzzagent or their clients and thus the amount of campaigns we can get into?

Again, not trying to be negative, I for one am sticking it out to see how this whole new program works. I just want to understand what Im getting into.
Me too Connie.
I'm feeling more or less ambivalent BUT if I find out that we can only fill one or two honeycombs per month....I'm going to be negative lol!

I really wish the Hive would clarify some things.
I believe dealing with the unknown, rumors and innuendo is feeding the negativity.
I for one was happy when the BeeLog finally posted the "The Last Word on Shaloha" because then everyone knew what the final verdict was.
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Personally.. I think it's bogus submitting 2 reports gets 1 honeycomb and so does submitting 20.

Why not..submit 2 gets a honeycomb... 3 additional reports gets you 1 more etc. Maybe they are trying to limit the amount of reports they have to review..if this is the case they have achieved that.

I'm a level 5.. with 5 combs to fill to be a 6. I among those who are a little offended by this. Alot of my campaigns I have busted my can to bzz...and bzz effectively/and well. I feel a tad shafted that in campaigns I have submitted over 20 or 30 reports I was only given 1 honeycomb credit. To me that seems unfair. Someone who submits 2-3-4-5 reports per campaign got the same thing. I worked hard bzz'ing/reporting I feel I should receive credit for it.
Scarlett
Scarlett

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:55 pm

I am actually comfortable with everything that has transpired...doesn't mean I agree or am happy about it..But I don't like change so I am bias I am sure..

For me most everything that has happened with Bzz needed to happen...doesn't mean I don't have many questions about their choices and how it led them to what we have..

Frankly had Bzz came out from the get go...answering those popped up questions on their BL...wanting to help with the adjustment...much of the bitterness wouldn't happen..

Instead they choose to sit back and let us find our own way...let tempers flare, misinformation develop..

I know the questions eventually will be answered...but it stinks being left in the dark, clueless, left wondering why Bzz did this...or that..

Where I landed is where I deserved to be...Bzz got this right and its a system where I can see more positives than negatives..Yet many questions remain on the why's...frustrating.

Rewards wasn't really why I was with Bzz to start with..like I said never cashed them in until recently..But I am grateful they are choosing GC's...I am thrilled with this and it works for me...I won't ever be negative about that choice..

Reward points/MY points...well different story..but I choose to wait this one out..

Really overall my experience as been one of more postives than negatives so it works for me..
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mandja Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:25 pm

I really feel like this new system has evened out the playing field a bit... it makes it so the new agents can't have one or two campaigns and be at the top with a level 4... but at the same time it has made it so there is no insenitive for us to write more than 2 reports per campaign... because the points just do not have the same dollar amount as before. I mean I didn't join bzz for the free stuff from points... but is was part of the package... and now that part of the pack mean nothing to me. I was able to get some great rewards from the old system... I must have just been lucky... I don't know what I did but I was able to get things on every campaign... I didn't even login everyday. Before when you were able to get some thing it would take about 13 bzz reports to get a $30 - 50 item and now it takes 70 reports to get a $25 GC... that is a big deal to me! It just makes me feel like they dont value us... we work hard for them... and in turn they demote us... but hey that is just me!
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 377
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by aundrea2u Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 pm

I for one am okay with how things turned out I have over 9000 my points so i am very happy I can redeem for something eventually. I am not cashing in my points YET because I do not know what I can redeem for (being a canuck and all). I will continue to BUZZ when I get a campaign which are very few and far between. I think the idea of the new levels is great because I used to work so hard to get up in rank only to loose rank when there were no campaigns i never got above a 3 before.
aundrea2u
aundrea2u
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Very interesting thread... thanks Kath for getting it rolling... overall, it seems to be much more positive than negative. And Martha and I agree, "that's a good thing"
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:01 pm

negative? well there are good aspects and bad. sorry if i refuse to sit and appluad the WHOLE thing. being spammed with womlets is not my idea of being a Bzz agent. but i will getused to ignoring it. having our reports devalued to this extent is annoying but it wont stop me from Bzzing. it is rather an insult. to go from a value of an average of 30 to 7. but hey. ok. i will work with it. i am a Bzz agent. i am SUPPOSED to Bzz the good and the bad, honest Bzz remember? so some are complaining and being negative. it is thier RIGHT as a Bzz agent to do so. just as it is the right of those FOR all the changes and those too who wish to just !@#%@! up to the hive. bzz agent is supposed to be about honest opinions. so with the good you will get bad and with each side those for and those against you will get those who put down the ones not on thier side. I dont mind people being negative. but i DO mind the fruitcake su$k ups who are slamming those who dont have glowing pristine things to say about this change. i have seen more negativity from those FOR the changes than against.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:33 pm

sati769leigh wrote:negative? well there are good aspects and bad. sorry if i refuse to sit and appluad the WHOLE thing. being spammed with womlets is not my idea of being a Bzz agent. but i will getused to ignoring it. having our reports devalued to this extent is annoying but it wont stop me from Bzzing. it is rather an insult. to go from a value of an average of 30 to 7. but hey. ok. i will work with it. i am a Bzz agent. i am SUPPOSED to Bzz the good and the bad, honest Bzz remember? so some are complaining and being negative. it is thier RIGHT as a Bzz agent to do so. just as it is the right of those FOR all the changes and those too who wish to just !@#%@! up to the hive. bzz agent is supposed to be about honest opinions. so with the good you will get bad and with each side those for and those against you will get those who put down the ones not on thier side. I dont mind people being negative. but i DO mind the fruitcake su$k ups who are slamming those who dont have glowing pristine things to say about this change. i have seen more negativity from those FOR the changes than against.

Surely you're note referring to anyone on this forum, I hope.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:08 pm

bizzeedee wrote:
sati769leigh wrote:negative? well there are good aspects and bad. sorry if i refuse to sit and appluad the WHOLE thing. being spammed with womlets is not my idea of being a Bzz agent. but i will getused to ignoring it. having our reports devalued to this extent is annoying but it wont stop me from Bzzing. it is rather an insult. to go from a value of an average of 30 to 7. but hey. ok. i will work with it. i am a Bzz agent. i am SUPPOSED to Bzz the good and the bad, honest Bzz remember? so some are complaining and being negative. it is thier RIGHT as a Bzz agent to do so. just as it is the right of those FOR all the changes and those too who wish to just !@#%@! up to the hive. bzz agent is supposed to be about honest opinions. so with the good you will get bad and with each side those for and those against you will get those who put down the ones not on thier side. I dont mind people being negative. but i DO mind the fruitcake su$k ups who are slamming those who dont have glowing pristine things to say about this change. i have seen more negativity from those FOR the changes than against.

Surely you're note referring to anyone on this forum, I hope.

*blink* unless any of the above mentioned annoyances from the log are in here then no i am not. i am pretty direct. if i thought the OP was one i would say so. directly. have no doubt. politely, but directly. i dont mess around well much anyways. LOL do not read more in to what i am saying. i am being pretty clear here. people on the Log who are 110% for this changeover and who have been well for lack of a better phrase SUCKING UP to bzz agent as much as they can while putting down anyone who does not agree with them are who i am refering to.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:09 pm

i apologise for any misunderstanding there as well. i was not meaning to in any way imply that the OP was one of those peeps.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next