Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My boys might be in tomorrow's newspaper

+4
kath
Honey
bizzeedee
Rebecca1340
8 posters

Go down

My boys might be in tomorrow's newspaper Empty My boys might be in tomorrow's newspaper

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:13 pm

And not for anything bad! We're starting to shift from snowy frozen ground to snowy muddy ground here. Of course Devon and Sam have been stuck inside so they're getting a bit stir crazy! A garden show started at a local nursery today so I took the boys to see it just to get out of the house! While we were there a photographer from the local paper asked if the boys would play with this animal checkerboard thing so he could take their picture. He took about 20 pics of them so I think there's a pretty good chance that they'll use one! I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

My boys might be in tomorrow's newspaper Empty Re: My boys might be in tomorrow's newspaper

Post by bizzeedee Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:18 pm

and if they are, and if your paper has a web link, would you post it for us?

Way cool... kids will love to see themselves in the paper. In my local paper this week, they listed all the kids from the schools making the Principal's list (that's a good thing) and the Honor Roll had their names listed. The family behind me (one of my Easter families) has two and both of them made the honor roll. I know they don't get the paper, so took that section to them last night and it touched my heart to see the look on their faces when they saw their names. They're going to send the paper to their Dad in Afganistan... won't he be proud?
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

My boys might be in tomorrow's newspaper Empty Re: My boys might be in tomorrow's newspaper

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Awww, that's so nice! I know if they do use one of the pics I plan on going to the store to get a few extra copies to send to my inlaws who live farther away. They only post parts of the paper online, but if they post a pic I'll pass along the link.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:26 pm

How cool is that Rebecca!
Dee, very sweet of you to take them the paper!
I just found out last week, that my daughter was in the Dec 17, 2007 issue of Time magazine. Barack Obama gave a speech at her school, Cornell College. She was on stage, sitting right behind him while he was speaking. I did know there were some pics online of her, but I had no idea she made Time. She just found out too lol. Anyway, I was able to order some copies and we are now waiting for them to arrive. She says it is the most exciting thing that has happened to her - meeting him and being in Time.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Honey wrote:How cool is that Rebecca!
Dee, very sweet of you to take them the paper!
I just found out last week, that my daughter was in the Dec 17, 2007 issue of Time magazine. Barack Obama gave a speech at her school, Cornell College. She was on stage, sitting right behind him while he was speaking. I did know there were some pics online of her, but I had no idea she made Time. She just found out too lol. Anyway, I was able to order some copies and we are now waiting for them to arrive. She says it is the most exciting thing that has happened to her - meeting him and being in Time.

Do you subscribe to Time Mag? If you do, you can access their archieves online and if so, you could send the link to family/friends. Otherwise, can you scan the photos and post them? Would love to see "my man" (hope I'm not crossing the line here showing my political choice) with your daughter.

I have a young person in my family, he's 9, lives in NH, and he got to see Hilliary and when she was about to shake his hand, he took out his cell phone and snapped a picture, then put his hands in his pockets. He didn't want to shake her hand Razz not sure if it's cause he's 9 or because he has his own opinions lol! Then a clip showed on the Boston TV channel and his folks emailed us the link... he definitely looked like he was trying to keep his distance lol!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:35 pm

I don't subscribe Dee. I did go to the web site and found out how to order back issues though and they should be here any day now. I do have some pics that her friends took though. I would post one now, but it will have to wait until she gets home later. She is home from college, but out with friends right now. She has to help me because at times I am techie callenged lol. I can't find my photos after I upload them lately. I told her I need help with that, but she hasn't had time yet lol.

Last edited by Honey on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:47 pm

I do subscribe, and have spent the last 10 minutes trying to pull up the issue... not sure if it's my bellsouth or the time web site, but it's just taking forever and a day to load...
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:45 pm

how cool!
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:54 pm

that's awesome!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:47 pm

No pic today -- there was a housefire that took up all the space they usually use for pics. Oh well, the garden show goes on all weekend so maybe there will be a pic when they have the space to run their story on it.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 pm

I hope they eventually make it into the paper. Keep us updated Rebecca!
flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:30 pm

definatly buy a few to put up for them!! AND leave the flyers in there. I used to get a kick out of seeing the flyers in the old papers my grandmother and great grandmother had saved. the prices are amazing!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:07 pm

yep

keep us posted!
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Man, it seems the worst luck that nobody's kids are in the news yet! Hopefully they'll be in tomorrow. I always love it when my babies are famous.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:38 am

Since my oldest is 9 I have 9 more years before its legal to put his name inthe police blotter.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 am

LOL! This town is so small that they don't even put names in the paper if you get arrested for something. Guess they must figure everyone already knows who did it!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down