Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weekend ... what did or are you doing?

+16
Lucky
Rebecca1340
Momto3
rikostan
tara
spiritia
bizzeedee
aurora04
trax
brandiland73
thebigscott
Scar
idatater46
edbson
chelle
kath
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

weekend ... what did or are you doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: weekend ... what did or are you doing?

Post by kath Sun May 25, 2008 6:50 am

yay! I love alone time... and when the kids were small almost NEVER had it..
happy for you!
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

weekend ... what did or are you doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: weekend ... what did or are you doing?

Post by Momto3 Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks! Yesterday was wonderful! I was able to take a nap when I wanted, rather than herding all of the kids to their room first, disciplining the older ones when they started messing around and finally getting 10 minutes before the youngest woke up.

The kids aren't back until early afternoon and hubby has to work at 10am, but I still need to clean the house before the inlaws get here. Fun is over!

Momto3
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun May 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Worked midnights as usual, then woke up this afternoon and took the kids and dog to the park since it was such a nice day!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun May 25, 2008 7:14 pm

I have been digging, weeding and adding new soil..
planted 4 shrubs.. i hurt from top to toes..

but it is good hurt... lol
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun May 25, 2008 7:53 pm

My mother came and picked me and the kids up and we went to their place for lobster! I even came home with 6 more lobster! My husband had to work, so he couldn't come over, so they said to take 6, so there is enough for both of us to have more. LOL. Can't have him eat lobster and me not have any.

Besides that, I've been giving DS either tylenol or motrin every 3 hours (even setting the alarm through out the night) because he has a fever and it just won't go away. He gets ear infections a lot, so that's what I'm expecting to hear tomorrow when we take him in. Can't wait for the fever to break, I really need some sleep soon.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sun May 25, 2008 9:35 pm

Waste of a weekend for me, and too long! DS came home with a project they were supposed to be working on in school only for 3 weeks. Apparently, most of the kids didn't complete it, and it is for a huge part of their grade. It's due Tuesday and basically had to be started from scratch!

They had to make a book (given a blank hard cover book) and do over 15 pages, a list of requirements for each page. All has to be hand written! What a parent nightmare.
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun May 25, 2008 10:01 pm

I've had two extra kids since Friday.... still have one and just took the baby home. I am beyond exhausted. Sleep
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Sun May 25, 2008 11:16 pm

We are moving the katiebug from a tiny room to a slightly bigger room. It has turned out to be awesome but after over 10 hrs today we still have another 5-6 hours to go tomorrow... yuck...
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Sun May 25, 2008 11:42 pm

Relaxed today- tomorrow if the rain will hold off, will be working in the garden and yard. We already took flowers to the cemetery. Would like to cook out if its nice. Just a quiet weekend around our home.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 26, 2008 12:30 am

I put up squash, did 9 loads of laundry, washed BR's 18 wheeler, filled up my garden tub with clothes that were in my closet that dont fit and were wrapped up with fire ants, cleaned out my closet, took out EVERYTHING, checked it all for fireants, then put up what we still wear, got 4 xxl big bags full of clothes I cant fit (the garden tub is still full, these were just those that were ant free, so I didnt have to wash them), and tomorrow I will wash all of thsoe. thats another 6 loads at least. , I cleaned house, dealt with 3 brats and one clingy baby and one poor mistreated husband.

I'll actually be glad with its over. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Mon May 26, 2008 8:41 am

Yesterday was another quiet one. Took the kids to the park down the street for a couple of hours and that was about it. Today my daughter is a parade with her girl scout troop, that's always fun to watch.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Don't have any kids this weekend!

Hubby & I just got home from the new Indiana Jones movie, it was cute.
Now we are going to go outside & lay in our hammock and watch the "heat" lightening.

Heck at the rate this evening is going I may get lucky!
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:55 pm

hee hee... so cute Scarlett!

I went Comic Shop hunting with the hubby and he got me a comic book that I have been looking for.

My best girl friend came over. I have not seen her since March. Made plans for her and her bf to come back soon.

Tommarrow is laundry day. I know Father's Day, but we didn't get a chance to get it done today.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:54 am

Yesterday I went out with a friend. We went out to breakfast, then went to the Garrison Day craft show ( ick), and hit two different farmers markets. She had run out of books to read, so we went to a bookstore and got her a few. It was a nice time. Then I had a call from another friend and we caught up, and laughed. I read a book..it was good.. and had a good nights sleep .

Today, I will visit a friend who has just had kneww replacement. She is home and recovering, and I bought her a wooden angel at the craft thing yesterday..
more reading.. and probably a visit to my sister and stepdad later , too
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Yesterday I slept in. After my first week of work I was exhausted. Then I went to Home Depot and spent my entire check on bricks, tiles, concrete and such. Then I floated in the hot tub and did a whole lot of nothing (besides a few loads of laundry). Today I am tiling my backsplash and its looking really nice. Next weekend I am building a block wall and tiling my screened in porch.
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:52 pm

Yesterday we went to see The Incredible Hulk, which was actually watchable! (I was surprised!)

Today I made breakfast for DH and then we all sat outside while the kids were in the pool. DH made some stakes for my tomatoes, so I did some gardening, then I did more reading. Just finished dinner (turkey soft flour tacos) and am now defrosting the ice cream cake! YUM!

It was a deliciously relaxed weekend! My FAVORITE type!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:53 pm

BTW Missmissylette-What comic books do you all read?
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:25 pm

First I was busy with the dog issue and reporting it to authorities, blah blah. Then I got a call from a friend. Her and her family are stranded in Sacramento and out of options. I ended up agreeing to buy her Mac laptop and wired her the money. They are now on their way to my house, if their van makes it that is. So my friend and her SO, their 2 y/o son, and her 17 y/o daughter are moving in here. Oh and they have a cat with them too. My sister says I can't seem to turn away any strays, be they dogs or people.
So much for the empty nest I thought I had too. Oh well, the good news is I get a new to me laptop in a few days weekend ... what did or are you doing? - Page 2 554303
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:33 pm

Worked midnights, didn't get much sleep through the days though! We swung out to my mom and dad's today to say hi and let the kids and dog all go for a run. When we got home I cut the grass then weeded gardens until it was too dark to continue.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2