Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weekend ... what did or are you doing?

+16
Lucky
Rebecca1340
Momto3
rikostan
tara
spiritia
bizzeedee
aurora04
trax
brandiland73
thebigscott
Scar
idatater46
edbson
chelle
kath
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

weekend ... what did or are you doing? Empty weekend ... what did or are you doing?

Post by kath Sun May 18, 2008 11:40 am

Yesterday, I got up early to get the cleaning and laundry done. Then my sister Deb came and picked me up for an outing to Sewickley a snooty little town nearby . We went for the "curb crawl" or yard sales that they were having.
I bought two brand new baby quilts one for a boy and one for a girl.. they were 3$ each.
They are so beautiful! They were made by a young woman as samples, as she used to do it as anin home
business.

We also went to the Farmers Market, where I bought some shrubs to plant and some baked goods. We also had breakfast at a little Greek restaurant.. where they make fantastic greek omlettes. Yummy.

We then visited my neice... had coffee and biscotti.. and I came home and read a book.

Today is going to be a lazy kind of day. I am making a few different meals to get us through the week, and I always talk to all of my kids on Sundays. I am going to start another book.. and later pull a few weeds....

What have you been up to?
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

weekend ... what did or are you doing? Empty Re: weekend ... what did or are you doing?

Post by chelle Sun May 18, 2008 11:52 am

I spent all day yesterday helping to put in a grey water line at my inlaws house. today I am not sure what i am going to do. But hopefully it involoves sitting on my butt and doing nothing Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

weekend ... what did or are you doing? Empty Re: weekend ... what did or are you doing?

Post by edbson Sun May 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Yesterday I cleaned, sewed a little, and did DD's softball game. Today I am sewing , cleaning, and taking DD to her pitching/batting coach. DH is building his shed/building/place to put junk.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Sun May 18, 2008 1:40 pm

Saturday my daughter and her hubby came from Boise to help us plant the garden and do things Dave can't because of the heart attack. The garden is all planted except for some squash I want to do. Underground sprinklers are to be turned on this Tuesday which will make it easier on me to care for this huge yard. We had the family over Friday night for bar-b=Que. Now the company have all left and it is very, very quiet- only Dave, me and the dog.

Today is going to be a day or rest and reading. Hope all have a great safe, fun weekend.
idatater46
idatater46
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sun May 18, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm enjoying my second weekend in a row childless!
My daughter thought she'd do me a favor by taking HER weekend ... what did or are you doing? 461158 OWN kids for the weekend so we could have a break. Normally I'd be riding my motorcycle but it's that "special" time of the month so I'm just chillin' with a heating pad and bottle of Midol. Poor hubby is tip toeing around trying not to get too close to my bag of chocolate.
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun May 18, 2008 3:46 pm

weekend ... what did or are you doing? 88315
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Trying to make myself get a lot done. I've been somewhat successful in that endevor, but still have a lot to do. I'm trying to get all the winter stuff clean so we can put it away and get out summer stuff, trying to get the house clean so Caly can have her birthday party next month, trying to fill out camp forms. Loads and loads of camp forms. Love sending the kids to camp, but beginning to feel that I need a secretary each summer to take care of the forms. And each camp has to ask for different info.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Sun May 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Making rice pudding. I decided to do a whole lot of nothing today.
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 18, 2008 4:52 pm

I keep thinking if I get caught up from those few months of chaos that we had this winter, I'll spend an entire week only eating take-out or frozen stuff off paper plates and not do anything. Maybe even have the kids only wear their worn out clothes so I can throw them away instead of doing laundry. Or use them to start a bonfire that we'll roast marshmallows over. I'm tired of cleaning.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sun May 18, 2008 5:49 pm

This weekend in our little community was our annual bake sale. I had been baking my heart out for days but glad to do it as the funds raised assist our volunteer Fire Department. The bake sale, as always, was a big success and I was glad to be able to participate. On Saturday morning the ladies get together and make homemade cake donuts. Oh my, they are delicious! Sunday morning is the actual bake sale, kids raffle, hamper raffle, and open house. It is always well attended and a major function for our community.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun May 18, 2008 6:23 pm

sounds fun trax... and helful!
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun May 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Today we went to my husbands Great Aunt's 80th birthday party 2 1/2 hours away. The kids slept the whole way home, and now they are wide awake! Good thing it's a long weekend, because they are not going to bed anytime soon. LOL.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 18, 2008 7:07 pm

kath wrote:Yesterday, I got up early to get the cleaning and laundry done. Then my sister Deb came and picked me up for an outing to Sewickley a snooty little town nearby . We went for the "curb crawl" or yard sales that they were having.
I bought two brand new baby quilts one for a boy and one for a girl.. they were 3$ each.
They are so beautiful! They were made by a young woman as samples, as she used to do it as anin home
business.

We also went to the Farmers Market, where I bought some shrubs to plant and some baked goods. We also had breakfast at a little Greek restaurant.. where they make fantastic greek omlettes. Yummy.

We then visited my neice... had coffee and biscotti.. and I came home and read a book.

Today is going to be a lazy kind of day. I am making a few different meals to get us through the week, and I always talk to all of my kids on Sundays. I am going to start another book.. and later pull a few weeds....

What have you been up to?

Kath, that sounds like my kind of day... never happens, but if it did/could, all of the above are what I would pick to do! And would those quilts be for any future grandkids you're thinking "could" come along this year???
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Kath, where is your kitty?? the one chasing the butterfly? I love that avatar! I have been hoping you would put it back into rotation! Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 18, 2008 7:10 pm

What a weekend. Beautiful weather. Yesterday was our city's annual Little Rivers Festival and I worked a Chamber of Commerce booth for 2+ hours filling helium balloons... and enjoying some good ole souther BBQ, aka pulled pork sandwiche for me, grilled porkchop sandwich for dh.

Then today.... wowee... what a day to work outdoors. Beautiful. And so that's excactly what I did... edging gardens, walks, cleaning up a couple of gardens and dreaming of a finished garden (which ain't ever gonna happen!)

And in just a few minutes, will be going for a wonderfully long walk in the neighborhood, and then back in time to watch the 2 hour finale of Desparate Housewives.

Weekends like this just don't get any better (okay, so I don't lead an exciting life, but I do enjoy doing what I do, which often is nothing Very Happy )
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 18, 2008 7:17 pm

It was wonderful weather wasn't it, Dee? You and I usually share weather and today was perfect here. I wish it would stay this way year round.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 18, 2008 7:19 pm

thebigscott wrote:It was wonderful weather wasn't it, Dee? You and I usually share weather and today was perfect here. I wish it would stay this way year round.

That's exactly what I said to my sister today (in NC)... wished I could bottle today and open it up some day in July when it's so humid, hot and not nice!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon May 19, 2008 6:37 am

It was and is chilly here.... high 53 today...

I have to work.. the other aide in the room is going to be out today..
that means double the work for me, despite the fact that there will be a sub..
it is the time of year where the admins bring in their college kids to sub.. all they do is collect a check, they sure don't do anything else. I seriously do not like this time of year for that reason.

The good subs, there are 3 or so of them.. go to the rooms with the bigger and more aggressive kids. I finished RUBY, the book that I started yesterday.. it was good... good story, great message
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritia Mon May 19, 2008 11:56 am

Buying plants, planting, fixing up the underpart of the deck, putting a drain pipe in, more planting, built some balcony boxes and big tubs, more planting, weeding, swimming with daughter, shopping, mowing, fertilizing, more planting. We have more bushes, flowers, and vegetables growing now. Oh, and we BBQed every day.

The shops are like Christmas here... I hate it. It's a long weekend here and everyone does there garden. We usually go away, but decided to actually do a garden this year.
spiritia
spiritia
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://medhatmommies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 19, 2008 12:11 pm

bizzeedee wrote:What a weekend. Beautiful weather. Yesterday was our city's annual Little Rivers Festival and I worked a Chamber of Commerce booth for 2+ hours filling helium balloons... and enjoying some good ole souther BBQ, aka pulled pork sandwiche for me, grilled porkchop sandwich for dh.

Then today.... wowee... what a day to work outdoors. Beautiful. And so that's excactly what I did... edging gardens, walks, cleaning up a couple of gardens and dreaming of a finished garden (which ain't ever gonna happen!)

And in just a few minutes, will be going for a wonderfully long walk in the neighborhood, and then back in time to watch the 2 hour finale of Desparate Housewives.

Weekends like this just don't get any better (okay, so I don't lead an exciting life, but I do enjoy doing what I do, which often is nothing Very Happy )

That's my perfect weekend Dee! I like quiet relaxing things. Give me a good book and leave me home anytime. I did the same, gardening we went and got a few truckloads of free mulch and filled in my flower beds, it rained so I didn't get in much else.
Watched some tv online.... CSI... still can't believe they killed him, I saw it coming though way too much time left while they were sitting eating., lol.
was disappointed in DH... the whole Catherine story line, I guess I was hoping her big secret was something more exciting but again saw it coming.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon May 19, 2008 6:25 pm

yep.... good weekend dee...
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Sat May 24, 2008 7:27 pm

I am having so much fun- helping my oldest grandchild get ready for her Senior Prom. She is beautiful -long blond hair and dressed in a bright red formal. Takes me back in time to my high school days- way back that is. Oh and the sun has peaked through all the clouds- a perfect night for the prom.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat May 24, 2008 7:46 pm

My whole family will be visiting w/ my sister and her kids. We don't all fit in the same house, so we're getting a hotel room and are planning on letting the kids swim and play while we catch up. She only lives about an hour away, so it's a big waste of money in one way, but it's cheaper than all of us going out to eat and to a movie since there are six in my family and 4 in hers. And this way, it's two days of visiting instead of one afternoon.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Sat May 24, 2008 7:51 pm

It was in the high 60s here today, but it felt like high 70s in the sun. We had a little BBQ with some of my old friends and my youngest son had a b-day party to go to , but that was about it.

All in all a nice relaxing day. Now we are going to watch a couple of movies and wrap it up early.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Momto3 Sat May 24, 2008 11:17 pm

I had a mini vacation at home today. All 3 kids went to their grandparents for a sleepover and hubby worked 1-10pm. This is the first time I have had the house totally to myself for more than 2 hours in 3 years!!!

Momto3
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next