Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow, its my lucky week!!

+5
Lori
Scarlett
Rebecca1340
thebigscott
chelle
9 posters

Go down

Wow, its my lucky week!! Empty Wow, its my lucky week!!

Post by chelle Wed May 07, 2008 1:43 pm

I live in the COUNTRY! 20 miles from town. So its not really feasable for me to work.

There is a general store right here by my house and I worked there for a long time. Then I got pregnant, and had been having problems with the owners son and due to the boss cutting my hours I walked out.

There is another store a mile down teh road. I went in today and they offered me a job. I dont know if I want to take it or not.

We really need the money. BADLY. BUT with 4 kids I wouldnt get to see them much. and summer is coming. They would be staying at my moms. (they dont like that and to be honest I dont either.) and Bow is so little. he is almost 6 months old. (plus he breastfeeds).

I want to go to work. I dont like not working. BUT I also want to be with my kids. I love the PTA, They have baseball I have to do, and Rayley only has a year left before she goes to school. Plus Bow is so little.

We really really need the money. badly. Deisel is killing us. and BR already works 7 days a week.

I just cant imagine not being with my baby. I didnt go to work with Matt at all. With Brett I worked for a little while, then quit when he was 6 months old and didnt go back to work till they were both in school and Rayley was 2 and a half.

I wonder if they would let me work just a few days a week. I have never gotten a job on 'conditions' before. BUT I think if I take this offer I will have to give them. And I dont know how that would work out.

With summer coming up I wouldnt be at the schools as much. And I have already decided that my kids cant do allstars if they make the team becouse I am not going to be able to afford the gas. So I will have more time then. ???

what would you do?
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Wow, its my lucky week!! Empty Re: Wow, its my lucky week!!

Post by thebigscott Wed May 07, 2008 1:53 pm

Is this a family owned store? If it is, I would ask if Bow can come to work with you. I know you talk on your blog about how social he is, loves to be held, loves it when the people in the PTO pass him around. If he can come with you, maybe he can play in a playpen and visit with the people coming in the store. If you worked only every other day, and had him with you when you did, you'd still get a lot of family time, too.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed May 07, 2008 1:55 pm

I'd definately ask about working part time -- that's what I do and my kids are the reason I do it. I have several offers from my bosses to work more and I turn them down. No amount of money is worth missing these years to me.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed May 07, 2008 2:15 pm

I will ask about Bow. there were two pregnant girls that worked there when they first opened back up. and when they delivered they brought their babies with them. I thought it was great.

I just dont know if she had a cut off age she didnt want them up there anymore. ya kow.. and he is so grabby. LOL and getting mobil. I am constantly having to get him out of something. and he is always grabbing stuff. LOL

YOu are right rebecca. I will just have to discuss it with her. the part time thing.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed May 07, 2008 2:33 pm

And just so you know, I fought the urge to tell you not to do it because I wouldn't get to visit with you as much, LOL.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed May 07, 2008 3:04 pm

LOL! There is that issue too...
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Wed May 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Definately ask about part time. I think it would b difficult with Bow there..especially when he start walking and stuff.. and that's not always as far off as we think.. my daughter Sarah started walking at 10 months.

I'm so happy for you chelle! This is a great thing especially when you need it most.. it doesn't hurt to explain ur situation.. they might not even mind you bringing Bow along for a while..maybe you could work full time if you can have him w/u..and part time once the kids are out of school.
Scarlett
Scarlett
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed May 07, 2008 4:18 pm

If you're wanting to work the summer is the best time. The kids will have a blast no matter what, and they all have each other. It's a hard decision but to me it sounds like you want it bad enough to give it a try. You can always back out if it's not working out for your family.

But yes, we'd sure miss you here!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed May 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Yep Karen and rebecca! , that was an issue too. LOL

thank you lori. I have became so addicted to and dependant on my online friends. I cant imagine not being around!

I really want the job. and I spoke with her for a second. It doesnt look like bow will get to be up there. and I just dont think I can do it with him not there. I dont want to leave him
I just cant bring myself to.

PLUS exactly how much is formula?? I am nto sure it would be worth my time.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed May 07, 2008 4:46 pm

VERY expensive! I had to have a minor surgery last year so I had to give Quinn formula for 10 days. I was shocked at how much money it cost to feed him for 10 days. If you have to pay for formula, babysitting, gas, to get there etc. working at most min. wage jobs won't make much profit. I feel so bad for single moms. It's too hard on them.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed May 07, 2008 4:58 pm

I thought it would be. Sad I sure wish I had a cow.. LOL

He eats so much that I cant pump enough. LOL matter of fact, this is the first baby I didnt pump with. I didnt have a pump the first few months, and when I got one i just cant get into it.

Its hard to pump and type! LOL

babysittng is ALMOSt free. I will have to buy her some food, and loan her money when hers runs out, but for the most part my mom does it free. LOL

and since they are a mile away gas wouldnt be too much. EXCEPT it costs more to start my truck than to drive 5 miles. lol
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed May 07, 2008 5:13 pm

I thought the whole point of a job was to get AWAY from the kids... not bring them with you Very Happy
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Thu May 08, 2008 7:43 pm

tara wrote:I thought the whole point of a job was to get AWAY from the kids... not bring them with you Very Happy

LOL... Definately talk to them Chelle and see if you can just do a few times a week. You might be surprised. I always feel funny but I set my own conditions at the golf course. When I wanted to work 4 days a week, I did. When I decided to just go to weekends I did.. This year.. OH MY! I only want to work Saturdays unless it's a two day tournament (how selfish is that!?) and it's what I am doing. This will be the first year I am working mothers day BUT it's a two day tournament and we REALLY need the money (not working would mean losing out on $100) so Im working both days. Im sure some of the full time bartenders hate the fact that I can do it and get to pick the big money days but oh well.. I've been there longer than they have!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu May 08, 2008 7:47 pm

LOL connie! i agree! Smile

well I did the math, and its not feasable to buy formula and the money I will have to put out for the kids and such.

I talked to her today and told her that I WOULD work if she needed someone on short notice. I would work on days she was desperate, but at this time I couldnt afford formula. She said tha tshe would keep that in mind.

Oh well. BUT as much as we need themoney I cant imagine not being here when he walks. He got his first tooth today. and BR can go with out a few toys for a while Smile LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by itsirC Thu May 08, 2008 10:37 pm

Sounds like you made the best decision for you and your family for the time being Chelle.

lol at him going without toys for a while.
itsirC
itsirC
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 pm

I want to return to work myself. I feel bad with how much my SO is working to support us. For a few years it was the both of us, but when we moved this past August, I had to stay home. It cost more for daycare than it would be for me to work, and we know no one to babysit for us.

But my son will be going to preschool this fall, so depending on the hours he goes, I may pick up something part-time. At least 2-3 days a week or so. And I will only be able to work certain days of the week because of sharing a car with my SO and the hours that he works.

I think it's good that you told them that you will help out in desperate need. Maybe at a later time you can work something out with them.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down