Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember Barbie?

+5
edbson
Connie
Nyssa
Lori
bizzeedee
9 posters

Go down

Remember Barbie? Empty Remember Barbie?

Post by bizzeedee Mon May 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Guess I was bored, so spent time reading the Bzz Group page on FB... and low and behold, came across this post from 3 months ago.

I've been a Boston area Bzz Agent for about 7 or more years and was their #1 agent for about a year. It's changed a lot lately but I still join a Campaign here and there, recently I joined 2 new ones.
Barbie Graham

I clicked on her profile picture and couldn't believe it, she has no privacy set... I was able to see her photos, her info and posts on her wall.

I remember not too long ago, somewhat made a post here wondering what happened to her.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Remember Barbie? Empty Re: Remember Barbie?

Post by Lori Mon May 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Too many Barbie Grahams for me to sift through. I hate trying to search Facebook.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon May 23, 2011 3:59 pm

OK, I found it. And good lord - everything from her home address to her email is public. Her kids ought to be all over her about that.

She hasn't changed, and even signs each and every Facebook post "Barbie".
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon May 23, 2011 4:24 pm

and still bragging on her reign as #1 agent queen
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon May 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Lori wrote:OK, I found it. And good lord - everything from her home address to her email is public. Her kids ought to be all over her about that.
She hasn't changed, and even signs each and every Facebook post "Barbie".

or at the very least her very famous counsin Chuck Smile
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Mon May 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Wasn't she an ex-cop? You'd think she'd realize that putting all of her info out there like that wouldn't be a good thing to do. What if one of the perps she busted long ago still held a grudge?

I hope somebody clues her in ASAP so she can fix her security settings!

The poor lady probably doesn't have much else to brag about these days, so she hangs on to her former glory as #1 Agent. But at least she's getting some campaigns; that's better than I've been doing lately.

Nyssa
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 am

I hope I'm not offending anyone but right now I'm more concerned about why we are more or less "gossiping" about "barbie" whom I believe has way more posts than anyone in this thread rather than wishing her well or hoping she is okay if we haven't heard from her in awhile.

I know the people in this forum hear from me every now and then but I ALWAYS feel this is a great and safe place for me to come and post.

If I were in Barbies shoes, I would feel horrible coming on here and finding that I had been "sleuthed" and instead of seeing someone post that they found me on FB and I was fine, just must be too busy to get in here, that my choice of privacy settings was being discussed.

As was mentioned, Barbie is an adult and I'm sure she is aware of privacy settings..

Why are we gossiping instead of supporting?

Hoping I'm not offending anyone but I also have a feeling that the long time members know me and will respect my comments, and even if they don't agree with them, will state as much in a respectful manner.

I do love this site and admittedly came to give my usual quarterly "vent" but seeing this thread gave me pause..
"
If this is the way this forum is going and what is needed, I will certainly be respectful but to see a long time member being treated this way does give me pause..

If I am making too much of the thread I'm willing to accept that.. it's been a tough few days.. all in all it's just my opinion!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri May 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Connie, I want you to know, I didn't search for Barbie on FB... her post was listed under comments on FB Group, of which we are both members. Anyone can click on anyone's profile, and it's it either private or it's not. Just totally took me back that her's was not. Being an Ex State Trooper, cousin to Chuck Norris (who always plays the good cop/nija or whatever and whom she bragged on a lot) that she would protect her privacy on the web, especially on FB

I really don't feel that I nor anyone else was gosspiping... to me gossiping is telling secrets you don't want others to know (and if your privacy settings on FB are wide open to everyone, it's exempt). She hasn't posted here in years, so it's unlikely she's aware of the this thread. Believe me, if she were, she'd be here in a NY Minute.

I'm sure that none of us wish Barbie bad feelings, but there have been a few times over the years when different members have wondered what happened to her....

and that's all I have to say.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri May 27, 2011 8:50 pm

I realize I came across harshly and gossiping was probably (certainly) too harsh of a word..

I was just shocked.. more at the thought that someone could run across this thread, search out her username and get enough information to go "take a peek" at her FB.. not any members here but you never know where a search engine is going to land anyone especially if they are searching "barbie"..

Since she is in the same FB group as you and you did end up finding her profile is open, can you send her a pm and give her a heads up?

I know mine was "intentionally" open for a long time, it's just recently that I felt the need to add privacy settings to any of it and that was actually just to keep some "family" members out... Wink
Connie
Connie

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri May 27, 2011 10:10 pm

nope, I won't do so... it's not like we've ever been friends or that she would even remember me here from back in the day.... I just found it strange for a person like her, who was very private, to have such an open and available profile on FB... she has kids, it's there job, not mind to remind her to restrict people. And besides, maybe she wants the world to know about her personal life.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri May 27, 2011 10:20 pm

I remember her, and i would hope she is aware of privacy settings etc.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri May 27, 2011 10:51 pm

I am sure she is aware of privacy settings. Status seemed very important to Barbie so I would guess her page is available because she wants it that way. She hasn't been here in a very long time, I doubt she will be back. Honestly, and this is just my opinion, from her posts she would be more likely be flattered than upset.

I have to disagree on her being private though Dee, in this day and age she probably should be but she gave lots of personal details, not just to us but all over the bzz blogs. I seem to remember her posting her address and told them to drive by and check it out at one point, to someone who called her out on her posts about how big her house was and how many cars she had. I would hope that despite the lack of privacy setting, that being a state trooper, or ex-trooper that she has SOME line of protection from the weirdos.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri May 27, 2011 10:57 pm

You're right Tara, I totally had forgotten how she posted her address to the world to know. I cetainly didn't mean to open a bees nest with my original post... just surprised to see her post in the BA group on FB, and remember from time to time, people here posting with wondering "what happen to...."
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri May 27, 2011 11:12 pm

No you're right, there has been the "what happened to Barbie" (and others) discussion before. I believe a couple people tried to contact her to see if she was alright because she stopped posting not only here, although I don't really remember her posting very much here, but at bzzagent too. And she went from dozens of posts a day over there to absolute silence. But I can also see it may have looked bad to Connie or anyone else who stumbled upon who doesn't remember Barbie as well as some of us. It's okay, we respect all opinions, and one of us would have asked you to remove it if we felt it crossed a line or was hurtful. It's good to know she is alive and well. I would hope, that if Barbie does come along she would realize that no ill will was intended.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat May 28, 2011 2:46 am

I'm sure she would be fine with it. To be honest I was glad to hear someone had seen her out there -- I had been worried for a while about her.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Sun May 29, 2011 1:02 am

That's one of the reasons I love this site (even if you can't tell from my sporadic visiting).. I KNOW if I go missing for a long period of time, someone will say "what the heck happened to that crazy person?"

*hugs*

Eta: I won't even mind if you are all "gossiping" about what a strange person I am.. for the record, I will be hurt if you don't... (want to make that clear for the person who jumps in unaware and claims you are gossiping about me.. Wink ) I love you
Connie
Connie

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 29, 2011 9:44 am

I have been gone off and on for a while, and noone has gossiped about me...... *hurt smiley*
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 29, 2011 9:55 am

chelle wrote:I have been gone off and on for a while, and noone has gossiped about me...... *hurt smiley*

Remember Barbie? 88315
That's only because we're afraid of your TX justice.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 pm

I really recall Barbie mostly from her posting on the old BzzAgent blog. Not only was she not a private person, she seemed to like to brag about her life to anyone who would listen, or even if no one was listening sometimes lol. Not only does she claim to be a cousin to Chuck Norris and an ex-state trooper, she would brag about her husband spoiling her with big fancy cars and what all fancy items her house had and how huge it was. She also has a few adult kids she gives details about. She was the number one agent for a long time, but came off as a huge kook and rather bizarre imo. I recall a time she threatened someone for some minor comment she took wrong in the blog - ooh wee did that set things off! People wanted her banned from Bzzagent. I forget the exact threat, but it was pretty odd as I recall and something about what she could do as an ex-state trooper. The weird part was she got upset over a comment that didn't even seem to be about her, or only was vaguely. I really can't recall exactly, but super weird!

kleenaechs

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon May 30, 2011 3:53 pm

kleenaechs wrote:I really recall Barbie mostly from her posting on the old BzzAgent blog. Not only was she not a private person, she seemed to like to brag about her life to anyone who would listen, or even if no one was listening sometimes lol. Not only does she claim to be a cousin to Chuck Norris and an ex-state trooper, she would brag about her husband spoiling her with big fancy cars and what all fancy items her house had and how huge it was. She also has a few adult kids she gives details about. She was the number one agent for a long time, but came off as a huge kook and rather bizarre imo. I recall a time she threatened someone for some minor comment she took wrong in the blog - ooh wee did that set things off! People wanted her banned from Bzzagent. I forget the exact threat, but it was pretty odd as I recall and something about what she could do as an ex-state trooper. The weird part was she got upset over a comment that didn't even seem to be about her, or only was vaguely. I really can't recall exactly, but super weird!

My gosh you have great recall... as you mentioned all those things, I too then began remembering... like it was yesterday!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon May 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Connie, if you're ever gone for 3 years, I promise to start a gossip thread about you Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down