Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone remember the TV series Christy?

2 posters

Go down

Does anyone remember the TV series Christy? Empty Does anyone remember the TV series Christy?

Post by KellyM Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 am

I remember at one time watching this. So, now having Netflix I thought I would see if they had it and be able to see all of the shows. Well, they did have it and suprisingly the series wasn't that long, about 8 DVD's worth. Anyway, I had long wondered which man she was going to choose, the dedicated and faithful David, or the fiery Scot, Neil. I get to the last show of the 8 disc series and the end shows her looking from one man to the other holding the engagement ring that David has offered her in her hands. I was so pissed..I noticed that they had 3 Christy "movies" but none of them have the actress Kellie Martin from the series, or any of the other actors for that matter..I will probably add them to my queue..but it won't be the same. And I don't know if any of those show who she ends up with either....

While we're at it, can anyone recommend any good romance movies? My all time favorite is actually the Masterpiece Theatre version of Jane Eyre, but I also like new romance movies as well. Last night I watched The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and laughed so hard.. Anyone know of any good romance (either comedy or drama, new or old) that I might have missed?
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Does anyone remember the TV series Christy? Empty Re: Does anyone remember the TV series Christy?

Post by briteasafirefly Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:17 am

I remember Christy and I read the book too...don't know which came first. I don't remember if she chose a guy in the end of the book.
Any of the movies with Katherine Heigl are pretty good romance comedy movies...newer ones include The Ugly Truth(Gerald Butler...yum!) and 27 Dresses. Made of Honor, P.S. I Love You, All About Steve, I Hate Valentine's Day, Management, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past... I can add more when I have more time to look at blockbuster.com.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Does anyone remember the TV series Christy? Empty Re: Does anyone remember the TV series Christy?

Post by KellyM Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 am

I will have to check some of those out. I have seen and own 27 dresses, but of all the movies you mentioned, that's the only one I have seen. I do like the Love Comes Softly movie series from the Hallmark Channel which Katherine Heigl is in.
Thanks briteasafirefly, I just added The Ugly Truth to the queue. Some of my other favorites are When Harry Met Sally, French Kiss, Pride and Predjudice (the one with Colin Firth), You've Got Mail,etc..
I have seen alot of romantic comedies and dramas, so I am looking for some really good stuff that I havent' seen yet.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down