Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally...

4 posters

Go down

Finally... Empty Finally...

Post by KellyM Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 pm

As I have posted many times before..I'm generally a shy person..however recently I've been trying to come out of my shell a bit. Since we've moved here, we've discovered that most of our neighbors are older..and though a few have said "Hi" they keep to themselves mostly. But the family who lives on the left side of us is around our age. They have two kids, one who is in highschool, the other in 8th grade.It's the first time we've ever found anyone who's had anything in common with us. Both husband and wife love to read, are interested in science, physics, love the Star Trek series, Star Wars, etc..don't go to bars..love nature, animals...etc.. We have been talking/messaging on FB all the time in the last few months. Lisa invited me over two weekends ago on a Sat. I went over at noon and we sat and talked and talked..the next thing we knew it was 5! We didn't even realize we'd been talking that long.. On Tues, I had seen her leaving for work while I was bringing the trash cans back in..so I smiled, waved and said "Hi". Later that day, she sent me a message on FB saying how she wanted to run over and hug me when she saw me that morning, and that having me move next door was a gift from God...I thought that was so sweet. Could be that they were feeling as out of place as we have been. Anyway I'm looking forward to going over again..she invited me over for coffee tomorrow afternoon. Last time I made cinnamon rolls to bring over, tomorrow I'll make cookies. It's so nice to be able to have a new "good friend "...
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Finally... Empty Re: Finally...

Post by bizzeedee Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:00 am

Yes, it's wonderful and I agree... way back when when Chuck and I first married, we moved into a townhome and low and behold, two families (kidless like us) lived next door and the next door... we became great friends rather quickly... had our morning coffee get togethers (International Coffees in a can had just been introduced)... we spent afternoons at the pool, and on weekends, we got together as couples. One couple had a motorcyle, as did we, so we made lots of road trips... those were great days... never had neighbors I enjoyed as much as them. Right now I have a gal living next door who doesn't wave, doesn't talk, and is no fun... on the other side, we have a great family with two young beautiful children who are out going, friendly (as are the parents) and are the best thing in the neighoborhood. Sometimes we luck out... sounds like you did Kelly! YEAH
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:18 am

That's so sweet Kelly! I have a neighbor just like that... when we were having our yard sale she came over and spent well over an hour here talking about her life and what was going on.. It was soo awesome to make a new friend..

I was still a little standoffish but last weekend took over some jam (yes, the ones that were just starting to set) to try and make sure she knew it was okay to be friendly but that I had some issues..

All in all.. it is always great to make a new friend so good for you!
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Had a great afternoon. Went next door around 1:30 and didn't leave until 4:30. As it was, every time I went to leave we started talking about something else..lol It was nice...
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Sweet.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:11 am

That is awesome! Good for you!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:48 am

I love it when neighbors become friends! I have a friend who has the best neighborhood ever.... and I'm so stinking jealous! They all have a great time, watch out for one another, have block parties every month, and all that fun stuff.

My neighbor, while she's super nice, always wants to pray with me every time I see her... or visit w/ her. {don't get me wrong, I pray.. but by myself}
amybeccaz
amybeccaz

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down