Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-MOBILE IS THE DEVIL!

+3
edbson
Lori
agaphmou
7 posters

Go down

T-MOBILE IS THE DEVIL! Empty T-MOBILE IS THE DEVIL!

Post by agaphmou Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:14 am

My brother had t-mobile service for two dreadful years,he only had one bar of reception the whole time,and at home he had to stand in the far corner of the house and not move while on the phone.Well his contract was up and he ran to the att store to change his service.Since then,he has been hounded by t-mobile ,each time for a different reason.His final bill has changed from 20,to 60,to 144 to 44 dollars.Mind you he only used two days of the final month.They give various reasons depending on who is calling him.It's the last month of service(2days),they charged his old checking account and they got a bounced check(he spoke to capitol one and there is no bounced check),whatever else they can think of.I was going out for a while ,went down the stairs only to hear my brother yelling at someone like crazy.I knocked on his door and he let me in to find him with both capitol one and t-mobile on the phone,and he was screaming at turning red at the t-mobile guy.I told him to report them to the BBB ,so he took down what inf the t-mobile guy gave,whether it was true or not.
What would you do??? He is beside himself.BEWARE OF T-MOBILE!!!
agaphmou
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

T-MOBILE IS THE DEVIL! Empty Re: T-MOBILE IS THE DEVIL!

Post by Lori Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:18 am

That sucks! I would threaten them with everything I could think of - BBB, state attorney general, my congressman, the consumer advocate from your local news channel...anything that will get the situation in the spotlight. I can't believe they think this is necessary. They're already charging us unreasonable fees.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:18 am

I know they are.thanks Lori.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:24 am

I have had Tmobile for over 10 years, since they were Voicestream.....Never a problem and FANTASTIC Customer Service....maybe he just got a bad person? I do know they may not get great service everywhere( depend your phone, DH has a Sony phone, and it gets crappy signal, I have a samsung Behold and get a signal everywhere), but I am willing to go outside to talk for the rates I get.

I have to say, after the hurricane my bill total was $1956.32...including text messages, and overminute charges for 2 phones. I called, and they prorated my bill back to August, and gave DH and I both unlimited text and minutes, which knocked my bill down to $89.96 for that month....

I think they are wonderful!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 am

I think they are wonderful until you decide to drop them
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:01 am

Athena, tell him to ask them for the bill to be sent to him in writing with all charges itemized via certified mail. Then once he gets the bill he'll be in a better position to dispute any false charges. Also encourage him to remember that most companies hire folks who aren't even authorized to make changes to the charges as their 'first line of defense' customer service. If someone tells him they can't or won't take off the incorrect charges, he should ask them to connect him to someone who CAN.

Erin, that's wonderful! It's awesome when a company really treats their customers with consideration. Too bad Athena's brother can't get a considerate CS rep, too.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:27 am

Thank you so much Karen,I will tell him tomorrow!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:07 pm

my brother had major issues with T-Mobile too... he kept getting crappy phones that wouldn't work for more than a couple months. yes he's generally hard on phones, but the black screen of death shouldn't happen after a couple of months.
He would go into one of the stores to get a another phone and they would just give him horrible service and giving him a refurb phone instead a different phone when it was clear it was a bad model.
he stopped using the t-Mobile phone before his contract was up and switched to his girlfriend's mother's AT&T family plan...no issues since and customer service has been great, but that could be that the mother works for AT&T.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:29 pm

ALL cell phone carriers are the antichrist.

AT&T- had them for 10 years. its NEVER worked at my house. PERIOD.

no DSL, no high speed, no NOTHING-

called 2 weeks ago because BR's 'refurb' phone that I had to get under warrenty to replace a 'new' phone that I had bought was screwing up-

While talking to woman, I told her there is no service blah blah blah- she offers me a micro cell- a thingy you put on your DSL line that gives you full bars with in 5,000 square feet.

Told her that there was NO DSL. she looked, she said "oh yeah, there is such a thing as a dry loop." so I call and order that. I call back, find out what I need to buy, they said the ticket was in, I would be getting it, engeneers would be out friday, called back to confirm the prices, got the same info-

I talked to 7 people- all said it was a GO-

Called on Friday, thy said I was full of it and they didnt have anything avalible for me.

called back today- she went through 30 minutes of talking to people, searching etc. its a no go.

Talking to cellular now- they have the 'map' of my house 15 miles from where it actually sits. But are very sorry, there is nothing they can do- a towre upgrade will happen between now and the end of the year, IN JASPER- the closest tower. thats 19 miles away.

to get out of my contract with my phone numbers that I've had for 10 years would cost me 135.00 each- PLUS a HUGE deposit with Verizon. (yes, my credit sucks)

Right now I pay over 260.00 a month for a home phone, cell phones, and dial up internet.

The DSL, the micro cell and the cell phones plus ONE home line would have only been 220.00

I am sooo pissed.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 pm

OMG Chelle,I know it's unreal.You see ATT is the best in my area and t-mobile is the worst,I know this from our experiences.It all depends on where they have their cells.But you know what?If they know you are too far to have any reception they shouldn't sign you up.They are basicly ripping us off.Before any of us sign up for a service ,we should look at their coverage maps,it's extremely important!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Athena, the sad thing is, I didnt start off with AT&T- I started off with Houston cellular, that went to cingular wireless, and then AT&T- I knew when I signed up that we didnt really have alot of coverage here- that was 10 years ago- not a problem. BUT its been 10 freakin years. Verizon works here great- sprintworks here great,

I like the fact with AT&T that it doesnt charge my cells to call my home phone, that I get roll over minutes, that I am able to get on the net for 10.00 a month on my phone etc.

But not being able to use them is what kills me.

of course, if we had verizon we could call each other with no problems andno charge, we could use our phones everywhere. etc.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:52 pm

that happened with me also .I started with cingular ,it changed to ATT,but ATT was much better than cingular for my area,so it was a great improvement
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:42 pm

The thing I like about Tmobile is no Roaming. IF I am In Jasper my phone says AT&T, or Verizon, in Broaddus it says "Yorkville Phone", In Zavalla it says Sprint, it will ping off any available tower, and I can change the tower manually to get the best signal. IN Beaumont it always says T mobile, ut sometimes near the mall it says Cricket.....go figure.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:47 pm

well, I just called Verizon and I now have 3 phones coming and an air card (my 2 current cell phone numbers and my home phone number) for about 260.00 a month.

Praying this is better for me Smile

chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 pm

I so hope so Chelle!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:29 pm

good luck!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down