Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 cakes in 3 days.

4 posters

Go down

5 cakes in 3 days. Empty 5 cakes in 3 days.

Post by chelle Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:27 am

This has been a busy week. Monday I started out digging taters- then I got a call that my FIL was rushed to the ER by ambulance about 60 miles away. Had to drive TO town 20 miles, to get my MIL from work, then back past my house to go to the ER. his BP had went to 64/46. Not good, but after some IV and such, for dehydration, he got to come home Smile Then Tuesday I had to have Bow BACK in the same town for a dentist appt. he had to have caps put on his two front teeth. Me, the dentist and an assistant couldnt hold him down. We had to call in brett from the waiting room (yes, I had all 4 kids with me)- left there after 3 hours there, and had to shop a little. went to 7 stores. got home at 8 that night. I was tired.

I had 3 cakes for pay and Rayleys party cake due this week.

Wend had a cake due. LOVED this cake.
5 cakes in 3 days. Sany0810 Luckily I had made the fondant/gumpaste peices all during the week. there are: a sign with sign posts, a dock with pillers holding it up, a baseball bat, baseball glove, baseball, and all star hat modeled after the one he wore for allstars, and a tackle box, fishing pole, bobbers, worms, worm cup, and of course his feet sticking out of the water! The water is piping gel, the grass is underlayed with green, then green grass tip all over, and up the sides, alot of it is handpainted.

You can see more pics under me at facebook, they are open to the public. Michelle Coan Craddock Byerly-

I also got another order. Smile whoo-hoo!! Smile

Thursday BR was off, and my dad was coming in- and myhouse was a MESS-

BR had told me if I took the 3rd order (on Saturday) that he would help me, then wehn I took the 4th order, (these dont include the one for Rayley) he said it would be no problem.

Well at 11 he went to bed, and I barely had 2 of the cakes covered. NO decorations made for any of them. At 6:30 the next morning I was turning on the dishwasher and walking out of the kitchen, I had to deliver these 3 at 11am in town.

5 cakes in 3 days. Sany1710

5 cakes in 3 days. Sany1711

5 cakes in 3 days. Sany1712

5 cakes in 3 days. Sany1713

(do you see the blocks? I know they are hard to read, but from the top, you see 'Welcome' from the front, you see 'Baby'. )

THEN, I got to do Rayleys cake actually, I didnt do all of it. I covered it, made the bow, and curlycues. oh and the little bows in front. She rolled out, cut and stuck on the decorations.

5 cakes in 3 days. Sany0811

The catch was- the cake had to match her outfit for the day!!EVERY color in her cake is ON her--- Yes, I know, she is not wearing pink or yellow- But look again, she has blonde hair with pink stipes.... LOL

I used 27lbs of buttercream, about 30 pounds of fondant (which alone is over 28lbs of powdered sugar, and over 20 bags of marshmellows) , 20 cakes, (thats 60 eggs, 7 cups of oil, 4 cans of cake pan spray blah blah blah) 5 2.00 foam core boards, 6 cake boards, 15 solid hours of running my oven.

The sun is 2 10 inch rounds, one solid, the other cut into pie peices, then covered in fondant. the glasses of course were fondant, the mouth and nose were free hand fondant cut, and then outlined with ropes made from a clay extruder.

So there is my week. 5 cakes, I DID cook the wend cake on Tuesday night, then got up at 7 and had it done before delivery at noon. then, I baked all day, finished them up on thursday night, (the all nighter) and delivered them all on friday by 11. Rayleys cakes were baked with the rest.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

5 cakes in 3 days. Empty Re: 5 cakes in 3 days.

Post by trax Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:44 am

I'm exhausted just reading your post. Great photos, especially Rayley. Great Work, Chelle 5 cakes in 3 days. 78280
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:19 pm

They are all great~ I love Rayley's!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:21 am

I don't know how you do it all! And they all look so nice. Are you starting to make a profit on each one? Won't it be cool when your cakes are paying the bills?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:57 am

Thankstrax Smile

Tara,Thank you she has LOVED tellin folks thatshe helped Smile

LOL Karen, I am starting to make a slight profit, Istill dont go by the price list. If I did, the cakes would have cost,
pond cake: 157.50 I asked 80.00 I made- 90.00
sun 75.00 I asked and made 45.00
Princess 75.00 Iasked 50.00 made 60.00
Babyshower 120.00 or so - I asked 75.00
Rayleys Priceless.. no not really, 120.00. and I didnt make JACK-

BUT, the good news is, I bought a new printer!! Smile Last years model,of the kodak printer- not a bad deal- got it for like 40.00off. Smile I also reinvested some money into a cake pan, a few more fondant cutters, and still have a little left over Smile Oh and I got a huge bit set for my drill on clearence for 16.79. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:23 am

That is good news! And I think I see the price you're asking is ever so slowly creeping up. That's a GOOD thing! You deserve to make a nice profit off of those cakes because they're worth every bit of the price on the list. I have done a few cakes and I know it's not easy and there's so much more that goes into it than it appears. You do a great job and make beautiful cakes and you deserve to make good money for doing it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down