Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to change things up a little..

4 posters

Go down

Trying to change things up a little.. Empty Trying to change things up a little..

Post by KellyM Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:01 am

So, for many years hubby and I have been hermits. We used to prefer not being all that social. However things are changing a bit. Kris kind of has to be a bit more social due to his job and his position (he just got promoted a couple weeks ago to Senior Programmer/Analyst) and I am in need of some socialization. Gosh, just think, next year JJ will be in the service and I just can't sit around here only having myself to talk to all of the time. I am very friendly but shy. I would love to have people over for dinner, BBQs, drinks and sitting by the fire pit, going out and doing stuff that's out of our norm. So we are going to try to stir things up. I have been trying for a little while to pick up a few things here and there that I would need for entertaining as far as kitchenware and whatnot go. As soon as there are some $$ floating around I will start painting so the house will be ready for entertaining as well. We are also going to try to get out and do things, since we are mostly homebodies all of the time. One of the things we are going to do is go to a psychic group reading. It's something Kris and I probably never would have done before, but the lady is coming up here in August and Kathie, from Kris' work, will be hosting the session. The group is kept under 20 people, and Kathie really wants us to go. I am also going to start a little something I have been wanting to do for quite some time now. My Grammy GG used to make baby quilts. She would embroider baby animals on the squares and the "Now I lay me down to sleep" and stuff on them as well and she hand quilted them. I thought on a regular basis as time and money allow that I would make some and bring them to the local hospital. I thought it might be nice for the nurses to give them out to low income patients for their babies. After being a hermit for so long I have to start somewhere. I will never be (and don't want to be) a social butterfly. But I would like to feel semi comfortable in a group of people, and not sit home and stare at the TV or computer screen every weekend. We are a one car only family, so I can't fill a schedule full, but it would be nice to have some variety in there somewhere..lol
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Trying to change things up a little.. Empty Re: Trying to change things up a little..

Post by thebigscott Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:20 am

Scott and I have gotten the same way over the years. It's so hard to have friends over when you have little kids and even hard to go out since we'd need a sitter. For us a big factor is that our house is small for six people. We can have a cookout but we just don't have room for several people to fit comfortably in the house. But I'm also working on changing. We've had more people over already this summer than we had all last year. Where there's a will, there's a way.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Trying to change things up a little.. Empty Re: Trying to change things up a little..

Post by tara Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:26 am

Good for you Kelly.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Good job Kelly! Im a hermit as well. Im fine going out but I just don't like having a house full of people. I used to love it but then just got to where I want to go to bed when Im ready. I don't want to wait for everyone to leave and I LOVE peace and quiet.

I know someday I will be done with peace and quiet and want to have a life.. but it's such a hassle.. rofl.. Im proud of you for making a change and stepping outside your comfort zone!
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Connie, I used to hate it when people came over. It made me feel uncomfortable in my own home. However, I feel much more comfortable if I feel i am prepared. Now I can't wait to plan some get togethers or barbecues, dinners or events here since I have the room to do so. I have hosted the kids birthday parties and some House Parties with people I am close to in the past. I am since I was very young a list maker....my mom and both sisters are notorious for making lists..lol I love to plan things right down to the smallest detail and make sure things are perfect. I just didn't like to host because I felt uncomfortable. I think I may be ready to host events for people from my husbands place of work, or maybe even neighbors now. If I have plenty of time to plan the details just right that is.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down