Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw this on Yahoo News

3 posters

Go down

Saw this on Yahoo News Empty Saw this on Yahoo News

Post by KellyM Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:10 am

( We don't have any of these places here, but I thought I would post it for those who do)

Restaurants and other retailers are offering freebies to reduce people's angst over their income taxes — which must be postmarked or e-filed by Thursday.

FREE COFFEE AND TREATS

CINNABON: Get two free bite-sized cupcakes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at participating mall locations as part of "Tax Day Bites!" Flavors include Chocolate Passion, 24-Carrot Cake, Vanilla Bliss and Cinnacake Classic.

MAGGIEMOO'S: Get one free slice of ice cream pizza — ice cream with red frosting to look like sauce and white chocolate to look like cheese — at participating locations from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday.

STARBUCKS: Get free brewed coffee all day Thursday if you bring your own mug, a promotion the cafe chain says is friendly to the environment as well as taxpayers.

• DISCOUNTED MEALS

BOSTON MARKET: For a "last-minute tax break" — one free meal for each one you buy Thursday through Sunday — show this coupon: http://bit.ly/d1YlRO

IHOP: Expanding on the tax deduction parents get for kids, the restaurant chain is offering free dinner for one child age 12 or younger with each adult meal purchased 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. all month long.

MCCORMICK & SCHMICK'S: The seafood restaurant is offering $10.40 dinner and drink specials in the bar on Thursday — a nod to the 1040 tax form. Bar guests who come in April 15 also receive a $10.40 gift certificate for a later visit. And professional tax preparers, who may have to work right until the midnight deadline Thursday, get their freebie Friday: dessert on the house plus a $10.40 certificate if they show a business card.

P.F. CHANG'S: Get 15 percent off food purchases for dine-in or take-out, excluding alcohol and happy hour food and beverages.

• STRESS RELIEF

HYDROMASSAGE: Get a free massage Thursday through Sunday at participating locations. The mall-based massage chain suggests calling ahead to book an appointment. Find a location at http://www.hydromassage.com/taxday.
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Saw this on Yahoo News Empty Re: Saw this on Yahoo News

Post by thebigscott Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 am

Cool. Only starbucks for me and they're about 20 minutes away so it wouldn't pay for the gas to make a special trip. But if I happen to be out that way I'll stop in.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:40 am

I'll forward the list to my son. He lives in a more populated area that has chain stores.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down