Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today..

+4
tara
edbson
Lori
KellyM
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Today.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Today..

Post by thebigscott Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Okay, I had to look them up too. I think the butterfly vine is quite beautiful. And it looks as much like a butterfly or moth as it does like female anatomy. The voodoo lily is OK. Doesn't offend me or bother me. But I like flowers with more petals. I don't care for calla lilies either. They're OK, but nothing I want to go out and buy.

Sometimes I wonder about people like that. I have so much more important things to do. If I have free time, I volunteer and try to help people, not spend my time cutting them down over stupid stuff like their taste in flowers. That's just dumb.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:24 pm

some people only find satisfaction in complaining and getting into everybody else's business. The flowers are all pretty in their own way and who cares if they look like female anatomy, theres nothing ugly about a woman's body parts.
she should be happy that you keep your yard maintained and looking nice...
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Sheesh, they might vaguely remind her of something but no, they do not look like female anatomy. They look like flowers. Ask any 2 year old.

I'd hate to hear the results of her Rorschach inkblot test.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:45 pm

LOL That's too funny!
I love my black tulips.
Maybe you should print and cut out some body parts tape them to a stick and put them in the flower beds. Then when she gets her panties in a bunch you can tell her you wanted to help her have something legitimate to bitch about.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:00 pm

I did manage over the weekend to empty all boxes in the spare room that hadn't been unpacked yet. I started trying to clean the wood floor in there. Some people need a good swift kick in the rear. First,you can tell someone had covered that wood floor with carpet..it was still dirty..they just pulled the carpet up when they decided to sell but they left the floor moulding up to the level of the carpet and didn't adjust it after taking the carpet out. Then after they took the carpet out, they decided to do a quick paint job in the room and splattered paint all over the wood floor. So it's sat atleast a year or more with paint splattered on it. I was in there for 30 minutes and was able to clean the paint off about 3 sq feet of floor..it's going to take me forever to get it clean...
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Goo gone, works great. Butter knives work well too, as do Bondo scrapers.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:33 pm

I started looking around online..some people recommend a product called Goof Off
http://www.amazon.com/WM-Barr-FG650-4-5-Ounce-Miracle/dp/B001AHAN2M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1271104343&sr=8-2

It supposedly works really well..according to the reviews I found on some DIY sites..anyone tried this?
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Goof off, goo gone, WD40, all the same thing and they all work great. WD 40 is cheapest.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:15 pm

OOooo, I have WD40..and never even thought of trying it. I will have to try a small section of the floor in the closet..to make sure that it's safe...thanks erin!

I am hoping to get the floor cleaned before mid-week. My mom has a spare queen sized bed that she is giving me for the guest room and we have to go get it from her sometime between Wed and Sat.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Yesterday I managed to get the wood floor in the spare room clean for the most part, after getting the paint off I gave it a good wash, then used some Orange Glo for wood floors to give it a shine. We went and got the bed from moms yesterday and put it in the spare room. Just in time because JJ is having his cousin spend the night tomorrow night. I still don't have curtains for that room, but it's not essential this moment because you cannot see in them from the outside unless you are on a ladder. Tomorrow morning Kris and I are going to a local Home & Garden show. Kris is in the Kiwanis club and they get all of the local businesses in the county that sell anything pertaining to home & garden stuff and they set up displays, info, give away free stuff, doorprizes etc. It's only $3.00 per person and the proceeds benefit the Christmas gift program that the Kiwanis Club does every year for low income families with children. It will be nice to get out for a little while and spend some time with Kris..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 am

Kind of pissed today....havent' heard from Wynonna for a while. The last two times she called was for money (she called a day or two after we gave them money to pay their electric for raking the yard asking if I had money to lend her). I told her that we had just got done giving them money for raking the yard and that I didn't have any more money to give her. I asked her what she needed money for, she said dish soap, toilet paper, etc. I told her that I had those things here, if she could get a ride to town she was more than welcome to have them, she never called back.. I would atleast like to know how she is doing/feeling. She doesn't have a phone, I am going to have to try to track down her neighbors number...I haven't been able to find it. I did (even though I can't stand her) contact Dan's mother on facebook asking her if she's heard from the kids, but she must not have been on facebook the last couple days. I plan on saying something to Wynonna if she ever calls or if I ever get ahold of her. I am going to point out that the only time she calls me anymore is for money, she never calls to tell me how she's doing, or ask how we are. Her aunt is up for the week from downstate and she won't even know she was up here..she doesn't care about anything except keeping her boyfriend and keeping him happy...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:00 am

I guess I am a hardass, I cut off people who only call when they want something. Kristin learned her lesson when she first moved out. Only called for money or to do laundry....I cut her off both and she learned quick. I never ever speak ot my sisters, because they only call when they want or need something.....I figure if you cannot call to say Hi, then don't call at all.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:09 pm

I give you a lot of credit for saying no, Kelly. And making them work off a debt. Maybe she's pissed that you aren't just giving them financial aid whenever she asks, but if I were you I'd stick with what you're doing. It's just enabling to hand people money.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm

I agree with Lori and Erin. She may be pissed now, but she'll be a better person for the tough love down the road.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:08 am

totally agree with everyone above.... there comes a time when you just have to say no. and if that's not acceptable to them, well then, so be it.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Let's see..today we went to Presque Isle to the Social Security office. My son Jayson (JJ) is applying for a few different part time jobs. If he gets hired, he will need to show them his SS card so they can make a copy. We lost his SS card years ago ..I have the number memorized but sometimes you need to have the actual card. I just hadn't bothered getting one before now..so we went and filled out the paperwork, he should get it in 7 to 10 days. After that we went to Lowe's, I picked up some tomato stakes so when my peonies come up they won't get top heavy and fall over. I also lucked out and there was Simple Green Natural Bathroom cleaner spray on clearance for $.79 a bottle. I picked up the last 5 bottles on the shelf. I can see why it may have been on clearance though, the scent was Rosemary Mint..a little medicinal smelling..it wouldn't be my first choice, but for the price it's worth it. Came back home and now I'm just chillin out for a half hour until it's time to make preparations to prepare dinner..chicken florentine on the menu tonight...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:58 pm

I got my hair done today. I needed it badly!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Kelly, great buy on the Simple Green ... I would like (I think) the rosemary mint smell. I might just have to go over to Lowe's tomorrow after yoga... see if my store has the same deals.

Oh, and I use a triple ring (large size) for my peonies... almost didn't get it in time to stake them up.... so many buds about ready to pop.... just hope that once they do open, we don't have any rain... spoils the reward.

Lori, I too got my hair done today... CUT I had this idea for the past year + that I could grow it out and just put it in a pony tail when I'm working outside (it gets horrible hot and humid). But after clogging the bathroom drain this week with my hair (well over a few months), I mentioned to Chuck I thought it was time to get it cut... THEN he says, well your hairdo does sort of look like Prince Valiant (think pageboy). That's all it took.

Went back to the gal who has cut my hair over the past 6 years... she was surprised to hear from me (I run into her at Walmart from time to time and always apologize for how horrible my hair looks !)

She didn't want to cut it as short as I had suggested.... said take to it in stages... and I love it. It's good for outdoors, because in some respect one would call it short, but it doesn't look like the boy cut I was wearing before I got the crazy idea to grow it out.

I swear, I look 10 years longer !

Oh, then I came home, mowed, edged, swept the sidewalk, driveway and ... don't laugh, the back yard. The grass was so long it left clumps in each row as I mowed... I had dried clumps, so instead of raking and then having to back, I just swept the stuff back and forth.... nice breezy day so the wind helped.

And after showering was able to recreate what Debbie had done with my hair this morning in about 10 minutes WOOT !

Yes, I had a great day !
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:44 pm

It was a great buy...there was also some other type of natural spray cleaner on clearance but there weren't any more on the shelf..

I also got the 3 ring stakes..not the large though..I ended up getting the 33 in..I didn't know what height to get..

I haven't been doing too bad myself lately..Right now I am currently doing 5 product tests...just got accepted into 2 bzz campaigns (one without a key and one with) and am waiting on $80 worth of GC (one $50. for a 2 week study and another $30. one for another PT)..I can't complain...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Great buy on the Simple Green, I LOVE Rosemary and Mint, thats the kind of shampoo/conditioner I use....
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:42 am

Today was crazy. I woke up this morning to Quinn puking in the toilet. He's only 3 and not fully potty trained but he knew enough to get to a toilet when he threw up. Go figure. Anyhow, he slept all morning after that and felt much better. I'm getting over a cold and have no energy, so I was glad that was all there was to it.

Then most of the afternoon was running the kids to various activities. It's coming up on the end of the school year so there are a ton of things that are having meetings and final performances, etc.

The one thing I actually accomplished was ording a set of metal shelves from Office Max. I'd bought some free-after-rebate boxes of paper from them several months ago and the rebate certificate has to be used at their store. I started to buy ink for my printer, but I'm working hard on cleaning up my house and decided to go for the shelves instead. Our house is an old house and we have two closets in the whole house. Storage is a major issue. This isn't perfect because the stuff on them would still be in view, but it's still an improvement on what we have. Anyhow they were $106 with tax and free shipping, minus $71 on my rewards cards, so I got them for $35.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:41 am

Good job Karen, you're taking steps to get you where you want to be. I know m first impulse is to stock up on something when I have extra money. It's hard to turn that thinking around to the long-term. Now you'll have somewhere to store your future purchases.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2