Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today

+6
briteasafirefly
chelle
Lori
tara
edbson
KellyM
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Today Empty Today

Post by KellyM Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:30 am

I am just waiting to see if the farmer I am working for is going to call. We haven't been working for 2 days now due to rain and equipment breaking. So I don't know if he will want to try it at some point today or not. Its a wait and see thing. He may not call at all, or he may call and say we have to be ready in half an hour, you never know. Regardless of whether I end up working today or not, Wynonna's ultrasound is tomorrow, so I will not be working tomorrow. Now that I have gotten over the initial shock, and though I will always worry, I am still excited. I keep "offering" my ideas for baby names lol. She probably rolls her eyes in the back of her head everytime I say, "Ooh, I have another one!" Smile
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by edbson Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:43 am

If you really really like a certain name, don't suggest it yourself, have someone else do it. If she is like mine she will totally avoid any name you "pick", for spite...LOL
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 am

Just a word of advice... like whatever name she picks... even if you hate it.
Even if she names him roofus or tablecloth, pretend you like it. Everyone, both families hated my names. I named them what I wanted anyway but it bugs me that my SIL was the only one who liked (or pretended really well) what we picked. Or if it's really really really bad... pretend it's the greatest name you have ever heard, her and BF will likely go pick something else Smile
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 am

LOL Erin... we typed at the same time. That was what I was getting at though... don't suggest great ones, she will never pick them.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 am

Same here, noone liked our names, they got over it. If one of mine had ben a boy they would have really hated the name we had picked...
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 am

Right now she has two names picked, of course it's early and she will probably choose a billion different names by then.
For a girl- Isabella - which I like, but there are already 2 in the family
For A boy- Blake (which I don't like at all, no offense to anyone that has or knows a Blake, I just think it sounds like the name of a bully)

the only name I would give her a hard time about would be if it was a boy and they wanted to name him Jack. I love the name Jack, but the problem is that in her BFs family they have a tradition of using the fathers first name as the boys middle name. Which in this case would be Daniel and I would not want a grandson named Jack Daniel
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Um, yeah he would get picked on just a bit...
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:30 pm

I talked to her a few moments ago.. we both like the names

For a girl- Emma
For a boy- Ian

she says she likes the name Ian but she's not sure on naming a baby boy Ian because she knows a few, but there aren't any in the family. Again I am sure it will change a million times over between now and then...I won't say anything negative about whatever they pick...but I hope it's not Blake
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:49 pm

My girl name, which I never got a chance to use, was Emily Olivia. I do know someone who named her youngest daughter Emily Olivia about 4 years after my youngest was born. It wasn't stolen from me, she came up with it on her own.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:06 pm

For Kristin we had picked Kristofer Michael, because every ultrasound pic I have has an arrow pointing to her boy junk....dr said it got knocked off on the way out.

For Bay, before we knew she was a girl she was going to be Oscar Stonewall, after my grandfather. He was named after His grandfather, Stonewall Jackson.....Yes, THE Stonewall Jackson.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:17 pm

That is SOSOO cool erin!!

I always liked Arabella. and call her bella. But we went with using names with our initials. If i ever had another girl, we would have just named her Bella.

Noone really said a thing about our names. But then again, noone had the nerve to.. Oh I got the "really? Bowdrie?" But it was a done deed when they found out, so to say something about the name at that point was like being disrespectful to a real person, instead of just an idea....

with our second we didnt let anyone know the name till we were in the last month. With Rayley and Bow there was no name, Rayley was about 3 days old. Bowdrie was named after he was born, but BR was given a peice of paper that I wrote two names down on IN the delivery room, and told to pick... It was Bowdrie Marshall or Beau Landry... He picked bowdrie. I found out after recovery... Heck, we were about 15 minutes from the hospital and I asked him what we were gonna name him, he said "I dont know- you aint picked a name yet?" LOL So I dug through my purse and found an old envelope with a grocery list on it to write on when we got there. lol

But we became gun shy, with Brett we picked Chase int he first month and told everyone. Then a girl that was preg at the same time but due 4 motnhs before, (my MIL baby sat for her) decided to name her kid that. Then we picked Chance. Same thing. with another girl I know. So BR picked Brett and we didnt tell anyone until a few weeks before. With Matt it was the week of.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:23 am

I took today off from the harvester, but it ended up raining and they got done around 8:30 anyway. Ultrasound is at 1pm..I'm just floating around here until then. I may check out Good Samaritins (thrift shop) today for a winter jacket for Wynonna. Her BF told her he would buy her one when he gets his next check, but if he did they will probably end up short on rent or something. I just thought I would check there just in case I might get lucky and find something. I refuse to buy new because I am already giving her money for the coin-op laundry. I told her she could wash her laundry here, but just not during harvest, with dirty harvest clothes to wash every night and Kris work clothes a couple times a week, its too hard to do their laundry too and still have hot water for showers/baths and stuff. I am sure some of you will probably say that I shouldn't be giving her change for laundry, but I remember not being able to afford the laundromat when I was on my own and newly moved out.
I wanted to start on JJ's room, but it will have to wait until harvest is done. I can't start on something and leave everything out and leave it for a few days at a time.. We cleared out his closet and I bought a closet organizer. His room is small, so with the closet organizer he can fit all of his clothes in the closet and eliminate a bureau in the bedroom, giving him more room. I can't put the organizer in though until I paint the closet. His closet doesn't have a light in it either, so I am thinking I will have to take the door off and put a lamp or something in there to see, when I decide to paint. Either way, the projects are too big to do in an afternoon.

I am going to mail out a package today to a cousin of mine. I had a very young aunt, who was close to my age. There were like 25 years difference between my dads other siblings and her. Anyway, she had two kids, a boy and girl. She became addicted to prescription drugs and died last year from an overdose. Her two kids, the girl 20 who just had a baby less than a year old, and the boy 18 who is estranged from his sister. She is living out in Michigan with no family to speak of. Before her mother died, she was the black sheep of the family and did and said horrible things to the family. I am sure some of it was the addiction. So she didn't establish a relationship with her kids and the rest of the family. So this 20 yr old girl, my cousin has a little girl who is turning 2 this month. She is trying to get her GED and work, she's on her own paying the bills, raising this child and barely getting by. So I managed to get ahold of her address, and I am sending a surprise package. I bought a little skirt, winter tights, and shirt and sweater, and a small toy for Lily (the two year old)for her Oct birthday. I don't know what day her b-day is, but I am sure it won't matter at first. I will write a letter to them and keep in touch. Everyone has to have family...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:37 pm

have you thought of trying out push lights for JJ's closet, Kelly? or another type of battery operated light?
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 pm

That went absolutely horrible.. We were all in there me, Wynonna, her BF and BF's mother. We were watching the ultrasound and you couldn't see the baby's heartbeat, and they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat either..things don't look good. They scheduled another appointment with the ultrasound at the hospital for tomorrow but are pretty certain it will confirm what they think today. She had an ultrasound a week and a half, two weeks ago due to a slight fall she had(it wasn't really a bad fall) but she wanted to be sure, and the baby's heart was beating on the ultrasound then, and it was clearly visible. So we are pretty sure that the news isn't good. I feel awful because I don't know what to say to her, I have never been through it, all I can do is tell her I love her..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:44 pm

So sorry to hear this, Kelly! What will they do now? Did they perform some other test (bloodwork?) to investigate further? So sorry this news had to come at a time when everyone was together and prepared to celebrate.
Today 820607
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Yeah..even though I wasn't crazy about her getting pregnant so young..I was excited about the baby, so it's very upsetting. They did a blood test today(pregnancy hormone level)and set up another ultrasound tomorrow, and another blood test scheduled for Tues, to see if the level is dropping, which they say is usually the case in this situation. Then they said she will have to make a decision, does she want to let her body abort naturally (which I think is a bad idea, and would be too traumatic for her), to take meds to make it happen (again a bad idea I think), or to have a D&C (which I seem to think would be the best option). I don't think she could walk around knowing her baby was dead inside her and wait for her body to "take care of it" as the Dr put it. I am just really worried about her well being and metal state. If it was me, I would be a basket case..so I pretty much know that is where she is right now..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:58 pm

I am so very sorry, Kelly M.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:00 pm

That's a difficult decision to make at any age. I would worry about her mental state as well as how well equipped her BF will be to deal with her emotional response. I mean, the best of us don't know what to say in situations like that, and her BF just seems so young. There's no knowing what thoughts will be going through her head at a time like this.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Could the doctor in charge perhaps make a recommendation for counselling? Maybe that would help everyone. Today 820607
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Today 820607 Just tell her you love her.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:11 pm

I have been there, and it is usually best to have a D&C, I have gone the other route also, and I do not recommend it. I would ask the Dr about a counselor for her to speak to, both befoe and after they do what needs to be done.
All you can do is be there for her, let her know you care, and you are there...thats it.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:58 pm

I've been there, too. I'm so sorry.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Kelly, it occurs to me that you and Wynonna may both want to check out some of the pregnancy loss message boards. There's a lot of support and comfort from people who are going through the same thing. I have some very good friends who have participated. I wish I'd known about them when I had my miscarriage.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manny1968 Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:58 am

i am so sorry. I just read all your posts and it is so sad. I agree with the previous poster she should try to talk to some kind of couseler it may help her deal with this tragic loss.
manny1968
manny1968
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:54 pm

We went for the 2nd ultrasound today. Of course the lady doing the ultrasound couldn't tell us the results because the technician has to read them and give them to the Dr. I didn't see a heartbeat though...and when Wynonna went to change the nurse gave me an odd look, so I am assuming that was her way of telling me what she couldn't tell me. So we will wait for the Dr to contact us to sort things out and figure out what we do next.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next