Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner

5 posters

Go down

Dinner Empty Dinner

Post by thebigscott Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Zaven made dinner tonight and it was so good. He's 16, likes to cook but doesn't know a whole lot of recipes. So we've been trying to teach him to cook some of the dishes that we make that he likes. Tonight he made Manicotti. He totally nailled it. I even bought some baby spinach which he chopped fine to mix in the stuffing. He didn't put in much, just kind of like you would a spice. But man it was good.

Tomorrow we're planning on having breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs and sausage biscuits and bananas. Mornings are so rushed that we don't often have a hot meal, so every now and then we eat a hot breakfast for dinner.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Dinner Empty Re: Dinner

Post by bizzeedee Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:48 pm

cool kid.... some kids have a knack... we just had breakfast for supper tonight... we do it a couple of times a month, just because!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:05 am

None of mine ever wanted to have a go in the kitchen, so consider yourself lucky. They make their own eggs if they want them in the morning, because I don't really like dealing with them, but that's about it. I don't have a husband who has ever taken on any cooking, either. He places the meat on the grill and removes it when I ask him to, but that's it.

Does he still blog, Karen? I remember reading something he wrote when he first started, and he said the most wonderful things about his parents. He sounds like a great kid.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:51 am

Manicotti? Send him to my house Smile
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 am

YUM, mine don't cook....well, Bayley can make ramen noodles or a sandwich...
Kristin is learning, slowly, but she prefers mixes, stuff like hamburger helper( gag)
DH can grill stuff, and he is really good at it, he has Ribeyes and t-bones down to a fine art.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Lori wrote:None of mine ever wanted to have a go in the kitchen, so consider yourself lucky. They make their own eggs if they want them in the morning, because I don't really like dealing with them, but that's about it. I don't have a husband who has ever taken on any cooking, either. He places the meat on the grill and removes it when I ask him to, but that's it.

Does he still blog, Karen? I remember reading something he wrote when he first started, and he said the most wonderful things about his parents. He sounds like a great kid.

He's not been blogging for a while, but I'm hoping he'll go back to it. It was a nice way for out of town friends to keep up with his life. And yes, he is a great kid. He's really grown into such a good person.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content