Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had my back turned ......

+12
thebigscott
tara
kath
fnz2thrght
Lori
edbson
Ender5803
fergui
Rebecca1340
Connie
chelle
Muggins
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Had my back turned ...... Empty Had my back turned ......

Post by Muggins Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:58 pm

Well, actually I had briefly walked into the kitchen to take something out of the freezer for supper tomorrow night and when I walked back into the livingroom I find Bill, my big 14 year old tabby cat, sitting here on the coffee table calmly drinking from my big glass of spring water I had only just set down there (he had been sound asleep in on my bed but maybe the sound of the water cooler gurgling woke him up)!

What do your pets get up to behind your backs ...........
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Had my back turned ...... Empty Re: Had my back turned ......

Post by chelle Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:11 pm

I dont even want to know.

HELL I dont even want to know what my KIDS do behind my back! LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:18 pm

OH my where to start? We have an american foxhound who believes he should not have to eat dog food. He will wait all day to see if he gets leftovers and then if he doesn't he will lower himself enough to eat his dogfood.

Well he figured out one day that we keep the people food in the refrigerator so while we were out he learned how to open the fridge. Thought we had broke him of this habit. Well we have had him on a diet so no people food.

Not long ago we were out and when I came home he had gotten in the fridge and dug out all the lunch meat and ate the leftover fajita meat. I went to make dd a sandwich and couldn't find the cheese. Decided we had used it all and opened a new pack. Then went and sat down on the couch and noticed dd's nightgown was smooshed into the crevice so I pulled it and her sock out and behind them guess what I found? The cheese!

He had actually hidden the bag of cheese in the crevice of the couch and then tried to hide it behind her nightgown! I never knew he was that smart and was real glad to have found the cheese... of course had to throw the cheese out but better than finding it when it got moldy and stinky.
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:21 pm

OMG connie! How funny!!

That is hillarious!!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:29 pm

My cat isn't too bad. The worst thing she does is knock plants down on purpose because she wants the spot in the sun to nap in.
The dog, well... he's a 1 year old border collie and is smarter than a lot of people I know. The worst thing he used to do is get into the cat food and then get sick from one end of the basement to the other! I'm so glad I have my Bissel Little Green Machine or else I'd never have gotten the mess cleaned up! Lately he's been sneaking up onto my oldest son's bed at night. He's not supposed to be on the furniture, but I hear Devon giggling and the dog playing with him when they wake up in the morning so I just pretend I don't know. At my mom and dad's he heads straight for the neighbour's horses and starts rounding them up. He once found deer in the field out there and brought 3 does up to the house. That was definately one time I wished I had a camcorder handy!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fergui Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 am

He's trying to get more energy for those walks, Connie! Wink

And my fish had better not be doing anything behind my back. That'd be a little creepy!!
fergui
fergui
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 am

Had a very similar thing happen with my dog but the glass was full of red wine. She drank most of it.
Yes, the dog got a good buzz. Scared me so I asked the vet and he said she might need pepto in the morning
Ender5803
Ender5803

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 am

We have a 125 lb Bloodhound, who thinks he is a lapdog. When he is inside he will jump into whoever's lap is available, be it a 19yo or a 4yo..........he outweighs me by about 10 lbs, so dragging him off is a PITA.

We also have a lab, who refuses to eat unless the cat is also eating..they eat out of the same bowl, sleep in the same doghouse etc, and she chews up everything. She gets ticked off if I leave and will eat the Mini blinds, and my shoes, noone elses shoes, just mine! ARGHH.........so I make sure she is outside when I leave.

The cat gets into DD's hermit crab aquarium if I leave her door open, and tries to "play" with them, they pinch the crap out of him, but he still does it.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:58 pm

I'm laughing so hard here!

Muggins - our beagle will drink our beverages any chance she gets. She loves tea w/milk like my MIL drinks
Connie - your dog is scary smart!
Honey, I wish my hound dog could round up some critters for me!
edbenson - I laughed so hard at "they pinch the crap out of him"

Our dog is a great big baby. When we have people over she always finds the weakest link and sharks up onto their plate and grabs whatever she can. She pulled that on a sister-in-law a month ago...I wasn't in the room to see it but I was told that she scared the bejesus out of her. She also likes to be under the covers. One day I had all the sheets & blankets in the wash and when I came out of the bathroom she had managed to crawl up and get underneath the mattress pad.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by fnz2thrght Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:My cat isn't too bad. The worst thing she does is knock plants down on purpose because she wants the spot in the sun to nap in.

OMG ALL DAY my cats have been doing this!!!!!!! I have a small potted rose that I put on the deck to get some warmth and that cats have decided that it's in THEIR spot.

fnz2thrght
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:13 pm

cute dog stories!

My dog behaves pretty well.. not so much the cats... they get into things all the time..
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:55 pm

Connie wrote:OH my where to start? We have an american foxhound who believes he should not have to eat dog food. He will wait all day to see if he gets leftovers and then if he doesn't he will lower himself enough to eat his dogfood.

Well he figured out one day that we keep the people food in the refrigerator so while we were out he learned how to open the fridge. Thought we had broke him of this habit. Well we have had him on a diet so no people food.

Not long ago we were out and when I came home he had gotten in the fridge and dug out all the lunch meat and ate the leftover fajita meat. I went to make dd a sandwich and couldn't find the cheese. Decided we had used it all and opened a new pack. Then went and sat down on the couch and noticed dd's nightgown was smooshed into the crevice so I pulled it and her sock out and behind them guess what I found? The cheese!

He had actually hidden the bag of cheese in the crevice of the couch and then tried to hide it behind her nightgown! I never knew he was that smart and was real glad to have found the cheese... of course had to throw the cheese out but better than finding it when it got moldy and stinky.

lol!

I have two pretty well behaved dogs, they are both pretty old (10 and 14). They both weigh over 70 lbs but think they are lap dogs. the female throws food. She takes her dry dog food one piece at a time and throws it around the house. I just put the baby to bed and put her food down for her... she will be eating it, back and forth one piece at a time until 11. Every time we move anything we find collections that she has thrown behind the couch or under the entertainment center.

My cat is just evil and if it digs in my pants anymore it may very well become someones dinner. I clean it's box daily yet the damn thing still shits in my plants and I am at the end of my rope. I without a doubt like the plants more than the cat.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:10 pm

I clean it's box daily yet the damn thing still shits in my plants and I am at the end of my rope. I without a doubt like the plants more than the cat.
Oh man, they sure make a mess when they do that...all the digging around and dirt all over the floor. My dog used to dig in the planters when she was a puppy. GRRRR
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:26 pm

I told hubby to rig up some sort of electric fence to go around my plants, that'll teach her, lol.

Disclaimer: I love animals... almost all of them. The cat is evil and I do not like it but I also do not abuse it in anyway... We are far nicer to it than it deserves. no need to call anyone to report me.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:28 pm

Connie wrote:My cat is just evil and if it digs in my pants anymore it may very well become someones dinner. I clean it's box daily yet the damn thing still shits in my plants and I am at the end of my rope. I without a doubt like the plants more than the cat.

I am so sorry to hear that your cat is digging in your PANTS!!!! I know how painful that can be! Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink

I've got 3 cats and I've got plants and none of them does this thankfully! One of them will eat some of the plants ........ I have to be sure to keep my spider plants out of his reach!

Muggins, my 12 year old ginger & white cat, will go into a litter box AFTER one of the other two has used it and cover "things" up more to his liking......... he's in there for ages sometimes getting it done his way! I timed him once and he was in there scraping away for 68 seconds and it's not like either of their litter pans is sandbox sized!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:25 pm

LOL.. don't know how you managed that quote but I don't have a cat digging in my pants.. ROFLMAO!!!! That would be Tara having her pants dug into.
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:38 am

Connie wrote:LOL.. don't know how you managed that quote but I don't have a cat digging in my pants.. ROFLMAO!!!! That would be Tara having her pants dug into.

LOL, I deleted too much, nor did I proofread it well enough, that'll teach me! I knew someone had their PANTS being dug into!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:55 am

Muggins wrote:Muggins, my 12 year old ginger & white cat, will go into a litter box AFTER one of the other two has used it and cover "things" up more to his liking......... he's in there for ages sometimes getting it done his way! I timed him once and he was in there scraping away for 68 seconds and it's not like either of their litter pans is sandbox sized!

I used to have a cat that would go behind my pig when he was in the house and cover up his. That poor cat was just about ran to death! LOL

and Tara. I know what you mean. Fido (my cat) is bad about using the rug infront of my shower. or the laudry in the laundry room floor. I am just about to strangle her. and honestly up until today have been trying my hardest to find her a home.

But today I had Bow on the floor playing and he had crawled over to her, had one arm under her, one on top and was laying ON her, and CHEWING on her ear! She was just okay with it. when he did hurt her, she just untangled herself, got up and walked away. Then came back about 5 minutes later and started pawing at him. no claws, till he started to pull and tug on her again. She just laid down and acted like she hadnt been loved in months.

So as much as I hate the surpises on the floor and could strangle her, to find a cat that will let a baby chew on it is a wonderful thing.

*disclaimer* I DONT advocate a 5 month old chewing on a cat. It was just something I walked in on. And honestly, she was enjoying it. I did stop the chewing and he grabbed and pulled for a while before he pinched her and she left.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:01 am

What pets do best is love us and let us love them. Bow is a lucky baby!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:34 am

OK, I don't think I could get rid of a cat like that either!! That is too cute!!

We have a 4 year old kitty named Miss Kit. She is attached at the hip to my 8 year old son, and acts more like a dog than a cat. She actually thinks it's her job to keep all the other animals in the house in their places. Including herding the dog. She'll hide under the table and swat the dog if she goes out of the room!! She also desperately tries to climb into the birds cage (it is VERY large and there is no way she can get in). It's still pretty funny to watch her try! We actually call her the "jerk" cause she can really be one! LOL!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:17 am

I love animal stories! Chelle, my friend has a cat like that. He is so patient with her baby and he chews on the kitty too lol!
I have lots of pets, so tons of stories, have to restrain myself. Lately when I am cooking, my fat cat Puddin sneaks up and stands right behind me. I don't know she is there, but she puts herself about an inch from me, so when I move in the slighest, I about kill myself falling over her. I have no clue why she has been doing this, but I hope she is getting a good laugh out of it Rolling Eyes
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:23 am

Muggins wrote:
Connie wrote:My cat is just evil and if it digs in my pants anymore it may very well become someones dinner. I clean it's box daily yet the damn thing still shits in my plants and I am at the end of my rope. I without a doubt like the plants more than the cat.

I am so sorry to hear that your cat is digging in your PANTS!!!! I know how painful that can be! Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink

I've got 3 cats and I've got plants and none of them does this thankfully! One of them will eat some of the plants ........ I have to be sure to keep my spider plants out of his reach!

Muggins, my 12 year old ginger & white cat, will go into a litter box AFTER one of the other two has used it and cover "things" up more to his liking......... he's in there for ages sometimes getting it done his way! I timed him once and he was in there scraping away for 68 seconds and it's not like either of their litter pans is sandbox sized!

LOL I missed that- but it was me who said it.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:26 am

Chelle- Satan will curl up with Rylan and let him pinch/pull/ squeeze her all day long. He is the only one, it attacks the rest of us. I just held my breathe the first time it went over to hiom, I remember thinking shit now I'm gonna have to shot the darn thing because I just can't let it attack the baby... I was puzzled, still am.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:26 am

tara, I was to the point of having this one put down too. cause I couldnt give her away. For some reason the dogs have taken to chasing her in the house. the only thing that is keeping them from catching her is she jumps on the bar between the kitchen and living room. a big no no around here.

I have had people that would take her, then had some catasrophy and couldnt.

I dont know what I am gona do now. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 am

It started raining, so I had to let all 4 dogs inside. They have all rolled in something dead. It stinks so bad in here! I have chased them all around and sprayed Febreze on them, but so far the stink is still winning. Going to get Oust and spray the air and maybe some OdoBan too. If the rain isn't too bad, they may all have to get the boot, because this is bad!
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next