Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My John Prine Date

4 posters

Go down

My John Prine Date Empty My John Prine Date

Post by trax Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Folks, I am so excited! The tickets were purchased back in June, the hotel reservations made also in June. Bus ticket done deal. I am, once again, hoping to meet John Prine; maybe this time I will not leap at the man - I was so excited last time, I was rather knocked kneed, tongue tied.

Another new event for me is to see a concert with someone. Generally, I concert on my own. This time, a Prine friend of mine from Madison, Wisconsin is flying to Vancouver and we attend the Prine concert together. We will take in Granville Island, be tourists, eat, and of course, attend the concert on October 16th at the Centre For The Performing Arts in Vancouver, B.C. It will be great fun!

Do any of you go away just you and your gal pals? If so, where have you been - would did you do?
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

My John Prine Date Empty Re: My John Prine Date

Post by Lori Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Sounds like a riot, trax! I went to Chicago once with 3 others when one of us (not me) was able to get through the phone lines and get tickets to see the Oprah show. I booked us a room in a sweet boutique hotel through Priceline. We got 2 rooms. and one of our rooms had a full bath and a half bath. A few days before we left, the person who got our tickets for us got a call from the show. If we were going to be in Chicago on Sunday night they would provide us with tickets to see a movie. It was Love, Actually, and we went to the movie and the show provided everyone with soft drinks and popcorn.

The show was filmed on Mondya, and it turned out to be "Firsts". P. Diddy was on the show and so were Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson, who were both in the movie. There was a filmed bit about Oprah running her first marathon. It was fun!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:00 pm

That does sound like fun! I don't often go and do things with a girlfriend just because it's so hard to find someone to watch four kids. Even though Scott is a very active dad, it's just a lot. Now that the kids are getting older I may try again.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:46 pm

I go out with friends all the time, and we sometimes go away for a weekend or longer. We haven't done it in about 2 years, life has gotten in the way. 5 years ago 10 of us went to Jamaica, had a blast on the cruise, and no hubbies or kids made it even more fun.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down