Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good time to get acquainted with Schwan's Home Delivery

+6
bizzeedee
Nyssa
greeneyes
KellyM
edbson
Lori
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good time to get acquainted with Schwan's Home Delivery Empty Good time to get acquainted with Schwan's Home Delivery

Post by Lori Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:19 am

You would know if you have Schwan's home food delivery available in your area (the yellow trucks with the swans on them) but if you're interested in w hat they have to offer, this is a great time to get acquainted with them. Starting August 1st, the first 500,000 new customers (new to them means that you haven't had home delivery in the past 14 weeks) can go to their website and order any item costing $10 or less and have it delivered free.

http://www.schwans.com/landing/landingpromo.aspx?id=freefood

Yes, their food costs more than when you buy at Walmart with coupons, but it's really good food. The first time I saw a Schwan's truck, they were going through my old neighborhood giving out half gallons of ice cream to attract new customers, so this is similar. They will leave a catalog with you that has photos of all the foods they offer and the prices.

I plan on getting either the TRIM CREATIONS® Chocolate Fudge Sticks or the Raspberry and Orange HEALTHY CREATIONS® Creme Bars ... if they deliver as far out as my house.

Last edited by Lori on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Good time to get acquainted with Schwan's Home Delivery Empty Re: Good time to get acquainted with Schwan's Home Delivery

Post by edbson Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:24 am

My Schwanna man used to have a key, and delivered a standard order every 2 weeks.....I might take advantage of this promo...and the new one too!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Good time to get acquainted with Schwan's Home Delivery Empty Re: Good time to get acquainted with Schwan's Home Delivery

Post by KellyM Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I tried Schwanns once before for a little while, and my Schwanns man is really creepy. I just felt really uneasy around him, and I NEVER feel that way about anyone...I thought maybe it was just me, so on a few different occasions I had my mom, husband, friend here and they all felt something was off as far as he was concerned. So I just told him that I didn't need to order anymore..
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Schwan's delivery men come and go. When I first started using them, my delivery guy was HOT! ! I looked forward to his visits. He was soon replaced by an older man, but he was very nice, too.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by greeneyes Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:56 pm

We used to order, but he never came at the time we asked. It could be anywhere from 3pm to even after 8pm. The part that bugged us, was he went by the lady up the street the same time every time! Drove right past our house to!

So we just got aggravated and stopped ordering. We couldn't count on him.
greeneyes
greeneyes
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 514
Honeycomb : Six
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:51 pm

My Schwanns man is 90 if he is a day, and runs like clockwork.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:27 pm

I used to get stuff from Schwann's years ago when the guy would stop by where I worked and sell to at least a half dozen of us. The switchboard operator would call each of us to come down when he stopped by. Until one day this guy got a bit TOO full of himself and started bragging about how all of his women would come running at his beck and call and were SO glad to see him, etc. It really rubbed us all the wrong way, so none of us would buy from him any more. Yeah, so I can understand the creepy aspect of a salesman turning a customer off too. Arrogance will do it as well.

Yes, their stuff is expensive, but for convenience and home delivery, it's just the ticket for elderly shut-ins who want some variety or for other folks without easy transportation to a regular store. Or just if you live far enough out of town that your frozen food will melt before you get home. Smile

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:41 pm

That's funny, Nyssa! I can just picture him getting off on all the women running down to get their stuff and him thinking it was all about him. MY cutie of a delivery guy was humble and lovable. LOL

I really hope to find out that they deliver to my area when I sign up for this freebie.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:13 pm

I like their ice cream, and they sell Choco tacos...YUM

they also have awesome buffalo wings.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm sorry don't care how good their products are... it's a rip off... anyone trying to live on a budget who buys their products is wasting money. There are products locally available, less costly, than can prove to be just as good. that's my opinoin, and I'm sticking to it! He's right along side that ice cream truck that comes around an gorges the kids out of their allowances.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:05 pm

Nah, it's less than 50 cents per luscious ice cream treat. And it's great quality...I swear, I think their trucks are mobile sub-zeros.

Actually, I only posted this topic because it costs NOTHING. You never have to place an order again. It's a FREEBIE.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:37 pm

Nope, we have nothing that good, that beats that price around here. I'll take it.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 pm

The Schwanns guy has been around twice today.. I should have flagged him down! My grandpa used to get two of the those huge buckets of ice cream every time they came around.. It was really good ice cream!

I wonder if they have hit their numbers yet or if I can still get in on this.
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:02 am

I have a HUGE list made, of stuff I need, and want, and desperately need, of course I will need noew jeans after, but oh well.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:44 am

There are still a few hours left before the promo starts. Looks to be 1 pm Eastern time. I still show 4 hours on the countdown clock.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:30 pm

I missed that it hadn't started yet.. 30 mins to go!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:04 pm

OPen, but SUPER SLOW!
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:13 pm

crap, I may need to pass. DH and I are going downstate today and we should get going. I stalled till now, but we need to get on the road.

The slow site is compounded by the fact that my kid used up our fair use allotment from Hughes and it's pouring rain.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:23 pm

It is still charging, not taking anything off the total
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate2456 Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:28 pm

It worked for me 4 cents for sales tax on a $9.99 chicken nugget order..

Kate2456
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:47 pm

It took mine off eventually, it was because i ordered more than $10, at least that is wat the lady said on the phone.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate2456 Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:59 pm

I was tempted to get more but I don't know if I will like it. What did you try?

Kate2456
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:59 pm

I got Chocolate brownie Frozen yogurt, 3
Chicken tender, 3 bags
cream cheese wontons, 5
fudge bars, livesmart, 4 boxes
Kristin ordered 4 of something, don't remember

My order total was about 96.00, but 86 now, they took the $10 and the delivery charge off....way cool
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Holy Cow, this is still good. I got my Chocolate Fudge Sticks after all!

When he stops by with my order I think I'll order corn dogs. All my guys love them.

Erin - during checkout I noticed a UPS order option. Looks like they charge $14.95 per order, but if your order is over $100 it's free. Just thought I'd mention that because your order was a biggie.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:53 pm

bizzeedee wrote:I'm sorry don't care how good their products are... it's a rip off... anyone trying to live on a budget who buys their products is wasting money. There are products locally available, less costly, than can prove to be just as good. that's my opinoin, and I'm sticking to it! He's right along side that ice cream truck that comes around an gorges the kids out of their allowances.

You know, running to the ice cream truck with my friends and paying for my own treat with my own allowance is such a fond memory of mine. Sure I could have gotten the ice cream cheaper if I'd clipped coupons and bargain shopped with my mom. But I don't think I'd trade the money I wasted for the memory of how proud I was and how good it tasted.

As to Schwann's, he comes by every few weeks and most weeks I tell him I'm broke. But every now and then on a hot day I buy some cones and the kids sit on the porch with me and giggle and feel fancy and it's worth every penny.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next