Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial?

+7
thebigscott
tara
bizzeedee
Lori
BuzzNut
trax
valerie
11 posters

Go down

Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial?

Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? I_vote_lcap0%Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? I_vote_lcap76%Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? I_vote_rcap 76% 
[ 13 ]
Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? I_vote_lcap24%Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? I_vote_lcap0%Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? Empty Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial?

Post by valerie Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:00 pm

I didn't. I have seen/heard enough over the last 12 days to last me a lifetime.
valerie
valerie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? Empty Re: Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial?

Post by trax Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:04 pm

No, I had better things to do.
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? Empty Re: Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial?

Post by BuzzNut Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:15 pm

I voted bits & pieces. I think I saw maybe 10 minutes total.
I was cutting grass, felt sick at my stomach and came inside to cool off. I laid down on the couch and it was all that was on, and I drifted off to sleep.
I woke up and seen the last few minutes where his brother was talking and then his daughter.
Honestly, he was a great singer & dancer, but like it was posted above, I'm tired of hearing about it. He did it all to himself, I don't idolize that.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:18 pm

I didn't even know there was a televised event.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:05 pm

was it a funeral or a "star show off"? I purposely didn't watch it but have seen plenty on news tonight to last me a lighttime. Sure he was a good singer, and maybe a good father... but so sick and tired of hearing about MJ this, MJ that... man 10 years ago, no one could say anything nice about him, and now he's a saint? Give me a break!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 pm

Nope, I had enough on day 2.
It will end soon now, right? I hope. Please?
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:55 pm

bizzeedee wrote:was it a funeral or a "star show off"? I purposely didn't watch it but have seen plenty on news tonight to last me a lighttime. Sure he was a good singer, and maybe a good father... but so sick and tired of hearing about MJ this, MJ that... man 10 years ago, no one could say anything nice about him, and now he's a saint? Give me a break!

I have mixed feelings. I think that there was a chance he was a pedophile... but I also think there's a chance he was just remarkably immature and unable to realize that he wasn't a kid. I mean, if you never had a childhood, worked every day in clubs and bars and even nudie bars and never went to the park or to school... then later in life when you had the opportunity to do anything you wanted and the money to pay for it and no one willing to say no to you... maybe you'd do things like try to pretend that you were a kid and build your own playground and want to have sleepovers with kids and maybe keep having plastic surgery so you never look like you're getting any older. I'm not defending him. And certainly not saying that hanging out with him was a healthy thing for all those kids even if he wasn't molesting them. Just saying I can still have pity for him.

As far as the memorial, I didn't watch it because I wasn't at home. I admired him as an entertainer, as someone who used pop culture to try to influence people to donate to worthy charities, and as someone who paved the way for many, many black entertainers. But as a person I thought that even if he was innocent of the pedophilia, he put his own needs and desires ahead of the emotional health of the kids he tried to hang out with. Those kids were victimized by someone. Whether it was by him trying to molest them or by their parents trying to get rich off of false accusations probably doesn't change the amount of damage it did to them.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:43 pm

At one point he was a nice looking guy. I don't know what the heck he did to himself, but he looked awful in these last few years. He had it all, but I guess when he had to work all the time and couldn't be a kid, it really messed him up, or at least something did. I'm sure the $4800 a month pharmacy tab didn't do too much for him.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:37 pm

How could i avoid watching some of it? It was on in the Dr office, the grocery,the tire shop, the ONLY channel that didn;t have it was animal planet, and disney channel.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:27 pm

edbson wrote:How could i avoid watching some of it? It was on in the Dr office, the grocery,the tire shop, the ONLY channel that didn;t have it was animal planet, and disney channel.
and the food channel and HGTV -- Very Happy
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:13 am

I watched a few mintutes before I took the boys to swimming lessons. I wanted something on the TV that we could all tear ourselves away from part way through without being upset about missing the end. I guess he's still dead so we didn't miss anything exciting Did you watch Michael Jackson's Memorial? 88315
I actually think the family's goal was to get people to forget about the child molestation charges so that he'll make money now that he's dead like Elvis has. Sounds like sales of MJ's music are through the roof and they'll probably release the rehersal footage from his last tour so I'm guessing they're going to make a mint.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 am

Funny that the poll over at TV Guide's site shows around 80% not watching and our own little unscientific poll shows 75% not watching.

So why did all three major networks cover it live-non-stop? Is the demographic that *did* watch it so desirable that it trumps the majority who didn't care?

No, I didn't watch a second of it and am very p.o.'ed that it caused me to miss my soap (which seems to have been an especially good episode too based on the comments of those who actually saw it in other timezones).

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:58 am

Every once in a while the news agencies and networks just latch onto a story and pump it up for whatever reason. I think they're bored and need to try to create a must-see story...even if it's just in their heads.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:17 am

I didnt see it period. I was pissed that Fox insisted on covering it.

Even if he wasnt a pedofile (which I belive he was, but I also think OJ killed Nicole) he was a freak. NO amount of 'good dancing' would fix that. in my mind.

Iam very discusted at the way we flock to and fawn over someone because they happen to put them on TV or the radio. we worship sports stars who are addicted to steriods. Idolize singers and actors who are crackheads.

These are people that you wouldnt let around your family, in your house, or even speak to on the street. yet as a society we make them rich. and laugh at their antics. Then at the dinner table, when little sally is talking about jonhnny at school getting caught with a gun and acid we shake our heads and wonder where his parents went wrong.

You know whats sad? There are 2 'superstars' that I know of, that have NEVER touched a drink or a drug. Yet, most of us look at them like they are crazy as a loon. Ted Nugent and Gene Simmons. I personally dont get off on either of their music, just not my 'kind' (yes, I always prefered the crack heads, ) But as people, I do like them. They are smart, and have a good head. even if they are a little eccentric.

Srry, didnt mean to get on a soap box. I just dont get the idolizing. The only person who can make me weak in the knees in my husband. LOL

I just honestly think that last month, if someone had asked ANY of these people, "what do you think of Micheal? they would have said "Freak, Peice of crap, weird, " what ever. But since he died, its the 'thing' to do to get on the "OMG how will we live with out him, his wonderful music, and love of life" bandwagon. How many people had his records and wouldnt even put them in a garage sale because they didnt want anyone to know they ever listened to him, but now they are going on ebay and spending hundreds to get the whole "set" ....

I didnt like him last week, and I dont like him this week, and honestly, I dont feel bad about that. Might not tbe PC, but hell, I never have been.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:27 am

I totally disagree, Chelle! I would not hesitate to let any of the Jacksons in my home. I think Michael was eccentric, but all that came after he had reached his height of stardom. I really believe he was a good person, and even though I'd be guessing, if I had to classify him I'd say he was asexual, and not a pedophile.

Gene Simmons on the other hand...nope. Just - nope.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:37 pm

I actually LOVE Ted Nugent, his beliefs, the way he lives and raised his kids. I would vote for him for President in a heartbeat.
Gene Simmons is another, great values......

The jacksons, not so much......BUT Johnny Depp makes me weak.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Oh Ted is a freakin RIOT!

He is goofy as hell, but once you get past that, your right, I'd vote for him. I vote for him every year for the NRA board. LOL

And yes, he raises his kids with repect and morals.

Gene simmons is a freakin genius. Kinda goofy, but hilarious. and I bet he has the first dollar he ever made. LOL

I'd love for him to come in and help me with my bills just once. Not pay them, just show me HOW to pay them and make money off them. LOL that man makes money when he eats.

Ted can play the guitar like noone else alive. And gene found a niche and used it. I dont begrudge them a dime they have made. I just never was into their music. I was more a guns and roses bon jovi type music girl. that or country. Again, the crackheads. And I speak as an adict. I have never done illegal drugs, have never been an alcohic, although I have drank and partied. But I am addicted to nicotine.

Now Johnny Depp. that is a goofball. I swear that man has a screw loose. noone could play his pirate part that good with out a screw loose. But he does tickle me. I am not sure what I thought of him as an actor until TPOTC. The jack the ripper how is all I really remember seeing him in. and he did a good job in that.

Lori, if you like them and think they are great people, I understand. PErsonally, I dont. I think the parents exploited their children, the brothers and sisters have hung on to his coat tails seaking their own fame and fortune, and they are going to turn him into a bigger circus after his death. Did I feel sorry for him? maybe. But I cant conjure up any respect for the family as a whole. Not in death repect, I feel for anyone that looses a loved one. But in being people resepct. if you do and always have, then I repect that. Its the ones that are on the bandwagon NOW that baffle me.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:54 pm

edbson wrote:BUT Johnny Depp makes me weak.
pant, pant Wink
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down