Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tragic accident (UPDATE)...please stay safe this holiday.

2 posters

Go down

Tragic accident (UPDATE)...please stay safe this holiday. Empty Tragic accident (UPDATE)...please stay safe this holiday.

Post by BuzzNut Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:21 am

I have a police scanner, and we have had one in our lives for many years, being we were involved in EMS work, my father was on the police force etc.
I just heard a little bit ago, that there was a very bad accident just outside town. A dump truck, car, and heard something about possibly someone from ems involved.
From what I can gather just listening, the dump truck overturned, not sure if on the car or slid into the car. One boy 9-10 yrs old crawled out of the car, and they were trying to get in touch with his mother. They are flying him from the scene. There is one fatality that I have heard. I don't have any other details.

This is such a sad situation, and the up coming holiday makes for even more accidents. One 4th holiday that I worked we had an accident (not too far from where the one above is), where two people died in er. We thought it was going to be a very quite day, but ended up being the busiest we had seen in er.

Please stay safe for the 4th of July holiday.

Last edited by BuzzNut on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Tragic accident (UPDATE)...please stay safe this holiday. Empty Re: Tragic accident (UPDATE)...please stay safe this holiday.

Post by thebigscott Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:06 am

How horrible! I hope the boy makes it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Tragic accident (UPDATE)...please stay safe this holiday. Empty Re: Tragic accident (UPDATE)...please stay safe this holiday.

Post by BuzzNut Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:20 am

I haven't heard who he was with, if it was an aunt, grandmother, a friends mom??? The way they were talking, it didn't sound like he was hurt too bad, but he could have had other things going on too.
I hope he is able to recover from the traumatic experience he went through, and he is okay.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:19 pm

It was a grandmother and her grandson that died, and yes, I do know her.
I haven't heard how the other grandson is doing.
There is a news website that has coverage, pictures & video, but for some reason I can't pull it up. I had it up and was reading and then it froze, and I can't get it back. I didn't see all the pics so, I'm not sure how cruesome they are. It is www.wsaz.com and it was on the front page with a title of grandmother & grandson die in accident or something like that.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:49 pm

The little boy from the accident yesterday is reported as being in satisfactory condition.

I also heard who the guy was that was driving the dump truck, and I know him as well, I went to school with him and just talked to him a few days ago. He is a very kind hearted guy and this will devastate him. From what I heard late yesterday evening, he was coming around the curve, and the load shifted and some type of equipment fell on the car. The two were killed instantly. It is a dangerous curve, it isn't sharp, it's just tricky. There have been numerous wrecks, and fatalities in that area.

Hope everyone has a safe 4th of July holiday.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down