Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How'd the graduation party go, Lori?

+3
tara
Lori
thebigscott
7 posters

Go down

How'd the graduation party go, Lori? Empty How'd the graduation party go, Lori?

Post by thebigscott Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Did you guys have fun?

Zaven's birthday party went great. I'm not going to bother describing it again, but you can check out my blog for details if you want.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

How'd the graduation party go, Lori? Empty Re: How'd the graduation party go, Lori?

Post by Lori Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:57 am

Sorry I've been away, I got a call on Sunday at 7 am that my grandmother had been taken to the hospital so I've been down there with her. I'm semi-exhausted and need to go back down tomorrow for another couple of days. She is going to go directly from the hospital to assisted living, so I'll go pick up some of her clothing and personal belongings and try to get her settled in. I'm assuming that it will be Wed or Thursday that they transport her because she's doing pretty well right now. Oh, she thought she was having an appendicitis attack, but they found a clot in her lung. They're running a scope this morning to see if there are any clots in her heart because the other test was inconclusive.

The party went pretty well except that we had so much food left over. The weather was just cool enough that it stayed comfortable inside the hall, and the hall, which we've never rented before, is really nice. The cake turned out cute, and the best part is that the store didn't charge for it because my son works there. I think I only took one photo of it, so when I get around to it I'll find the camera and post it.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

How'd the graduation party go, Lori? Empty Re: How'd the graduation party go, Lori?

Post by tara Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 am

Oh Lori, I am sorry about your grandmother How'd the graduation party go, Lori? 820607 I hope the scope goes well and she settles in smoothly.

Glad your party went well, free cake is the best cake, lol. Can't wait to see the pictures.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:27 am

Sorry to hear about your grammy as well, but hope things start looking up!!
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:40 am

Grandma took a turn for the worse a couple of weeks ago and has been talking about assisted living since then. She has changed her mind back and forth so many times in the past couple of weeks. She's almost 93 and has been trying to function with oxygen, first just at night, but now increasingly during the day, and really needed a live-in helper. She called my aunt from WA and asked her to come out, which she did, but she left on Sunday morning. So Sunday morning Grandma had intense pain and used her life alert button to call for help.

She'll be well taken care of at the assisted living facility. They have great skilled nursing care, and we've already checked out the facility because she had been considering it.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:58 am

glad you enjoyed your party!! Smile

I hope your grandmother is doing alot better soon Sad my thoughts and prayers are with you!!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:45 am

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, and hope she will soon be feeling better.
It's good that she is going to go somewhere that she can get the help that she needs, and yet be as independant as she can be.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:55 am

Glad the party went well! I hope your grandmother makes a complete recovery, and if she is like Mine was she will make friends and suddenly be more active.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Sounds like an overwhelming weekend. I'm glad the party went well, but sorry to hear your grandmother is worse. How'd the graduation party go, Lori? 820607 I hope she finds that assisted living is enjoyable. Good ones usually are.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down