Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I didn't have bad luck....

+2
Lori
aurora04
6 posters

Go down

If I didn't have bad luck.... Empty If I didn't have bad luck....

Post by aurora04 Sat May 02, 2009 8:35 am

I wouldn't have any luck at all! First I was without water from Saturday until late Monday evening/night. I then still couldn't use it for anything besides showering and flushing because they put bleach down it. On Saturday as well my washer started leaking. With 2 kids in the house, I have a lot of laundry to do. My father was able to fix it yesterday evening for us (hole in the hose). This was great because I didn't have to worry about buying a new washer and dryer (want a matching set, LOL). I was looking forward to getting a brand new set (everyone kept telling me that once a washer starts leaking it's done), but can't complain about saving the money. I was finally able to do some laundry yesterday (thank goodness, we were starting to run out of clothes and my kids have a ton of clothes, LOL). The washer worked perfectly, so I transferred the clothes over to the dryer as normal. I put it on for 60 minutes, and they were still really wet, so I put it on for another 60 minutes. When that was finished, the clothes were still pretty wet. So I did it one more time (thank goodness I'm on a budget for power, so I won't notice an increase in price, LOL). They were still freaking wet!! I gave up on the dryer for the night (it was after 10 pm). I figured out the problem tho, so I knew it would be an easy fix. The silver dryer vent hose thing that goes from the dryer to the wall was all curved, so I figured that was the problem. Since my clothes were almost dry, I decided to put the dryer on one more time this morning just to finish drying the clothes so they wouldn't start smelling and causing me to have to wash them all over again (it's raining here, otherwise they would be outside). My dryer worked for about 30 minutes then stopped! I left it sit for about 20 minutes and tried it again (I had another load of wash I did last night that I needed dried before they started smelling as well). It worked for another 30 minutes then stopped! I won't be using the dryer again today until my father can come look at it. I just can't see it being safe to use it the way it is now (especially with the luck I have been having).

Depending on what's wrong with the dryer now, I may be getting my new washer and dryer. LOL. I should have known something would happen to the dryer, I jinxed myself by saying there was nothing wrong with my dryer, but I wanted a matching set. LOL. My dryer just had to prove me wrong.

I have no choice but to laugh at everything that has been happening here this week. If I don't laugh at it all, I'll just stress out and worry. It's not worth my sanity.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

If I didn't have bad luck.... Empty Re: If I didn't have bad luck....

Post by Lori Sat May 02, 2009 8:56 am

You'd better go have a talk with Little Mr. "I'm Broken Too" Dryer! Tell him to shape up or you're splitting them up because Mr. Washer is good to go now.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am

Probably the thermostat, cheap fix really.
I had my Maytag set for 20 years, until the flood, and probably would have had them for 20 more just fixing things like hoses and thermostats
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat May 02, 2009 10:04 am

Oh my. I hate it when things come at you in bunches. But it seems like they always do. Maybe it'll be a cheap fix, too.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Sat May 02, 2009 10:17 am

Mine are bi-racial (not a matching set) and I don't care as long as they work. My washer I bought new, but my dryer I bought from someone that had moved to where they were getting free gas (she bought a gas dryer), so she sold me her dryer. It is huge, and was almost new when I bought it.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sat May 02, 2009 12:54 pm

My dryer is now working! It was all the fault of the silver vent hose thingy. It was too long and wasn't allowing it to vent properly. It now work great!
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Sat May 02, 2009 2:03 pm

That is good news, at least it wasn't something that was expensive to fix or replace.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat May 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Very Happy Now that is good news. I need a new dryer because the door pops open if you don't put a chair in front of it, but I dry outside during the summer so I'm hoping to make do until we know Scott has a job in the fall.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat May 02, 2009 9:08 pm

Karen, Big ass magnet, thats what I use. I got my dryer from BIL, he had it in storage, but my washer is 7 months old, I love it.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 03, 2009 4:54 am

Glad you got it fixed. I never had a new washer/dryer till this house. Before that tey were ALL second hand, and I kep thtem going for a long time with belts and heating elements! LOL

washers are nto always as easy, but usually easy to fix.

And I know its hard to deal with not having them. During huricannes it gets REALLY bad around here. As it is, we do at least 2 loads a day. (I dont have to wash BR's uniforms usually, he drops them at work. )

Maybe this will be the end of your bad luck for a while Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down