Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet peeves...

+11
trax
59pearly
Kimmy2303
aurora04
WhtTigress
Honey
thebigscott
tara
edbson
chelle
KellyM
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pet peeves... Empty Pet peeves...

Post by KellyM Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:07 pm

the first and foremost for me has always been people who chew with their mouths open. I can hear them smacking and chewing their food and it literally makes me sick to my stomach and I can't eat.

the second (and I bring this up because it has happened in the past and happened tonight) are smart a$$ teens who think it's funny to make prank calls. I would love to be able to reach right through the phone and slap them with a brick, and then I would like to get their parents on the phone and tell them what a little $hit their kid is being. I threatened my kids to never do this because I think it is ignorant and rude. Especially if it's random and they don't know who they are calling, what if it's an elderly person and they become upset by the phone call? It ticks me off, a few weeks ago, we had one at 11:30 at night (we were all in bed) and I flew out of bed because usually that late at night if the phone rings it's never good news it's usually an emergency. My heart pounding 100 miles a minute I trip through the darkness running to find the phone only to have some brat ask for some impossible name and giggle, hang up and then call back again a minute later and do the same thing...grrrrr
tonight it was some kid from school who wanted to start some crap with my son, so he called and said "Yello "(instead of hello), I said "hello" and again got "Yello" and then nothing, and I said " who is this?" they asked for Wynonna and did not tell me who they were, she gets on the phone and they said something to Wynonna about "her brother" but did not finish and hung up. She didn't know who it was and the caller ID said private call. I just love that these kids that I don't even know think they are entitled to call and harass anyone who has a phone. When my kids were younger and had slumber parties or kids spend the night, I always took my phones in the bedroom with me so that they couldnt make prank calls. Problem is that the older children get, the harder it is to keep them from a phone and the more rude the calls get. There was once I had some girl calling here harassing Wynonna, I spoke to the childs grandma (who was the guardian) but to no avail this kid kept calling and threatening Wynonna from different numbers, saying she was this person or that person. Finally I got so pissed one day I picked up the phone myself and told the kid if she didn't stop calling that I would drive over there myself and she did end up calling again, and I did drive over to her house. Of course I didn't do anything to her, but I think it scared the crap out of her that I drove there, and I told her that it was to stop in every way, shape or form, or that I would press harassment charges, she stopped finally....
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Pet peeves... Empty Re: Pet peeves...

Post by chelle Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:14 pm

i agree. The most I ever did was call stores and ask if they had prince albert in a can... LOL

You need to call the phone company and get private numbers blocked. Smile

It will help and good luck, teens are retarted.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:25 pm

I have pet peeves , bunches of them.
Here are a few :

People who talk/chew with their mouths full, Gross.
People who push back their cuticles, or file their nails in public.
people who complain and complain about things, but refuse to try to do anything about them.
When people do not own what they do, ticks me off
improper grammar, when someone says/write could OF instead of Could have....etc.
There are many many MANY more, i have issues....
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:27 pm

I keep getting these calls. Its always the same scam.. this is your LAST chance to save on your credit cards.. press 1 to speak with a rep now. I get this at least once a day, I alwasy press 1 and harass them back, and all that takes is asking for a REAL phone number to call them back, or if they sleep well at night ripping people off... they hang up. It's viscous cycle. I know it's a scam but the number on teh ID is fake and it isn't always the same. I have no idea what to do about it or how to report them. I just cross my fingers and hope that everyone else realizes it is a scam and does not g ive them their CC numbers.

I was being harassed by the NRA for a couple months last fall. I can't explain that one. I repeatedly asked to be removed form their call list but they kept on calling. I don't know it was a glitch or what but I swear you could see the steam coming form my ears every time. My dad say weird.... they don't call me and I am a member. well no shit, they already get his money, why call him, lol. I will say I was indifferent to them before.... now I HATE them as a result.

I made plenty of prank calls as a teenager though, and occasionally still do (my mom counts right? LOL) , of course these days they are to people I know, not random numbers. My parents run a gun shop. I use to work for them, I occasionally answered phones (I say occasionally because in case you all can't guess my people skills and tolerance level are very very low). I also got to open ALL returns and repairs coming to the Remington plant and had to read their letters to put the issue in the computer (which is why I think most people are NOT smart enough to own a gun) so it's always fun to call up and disguise my voice and ask a stupid question... just to hear mom pause and try to come up with am answer. Dad isn't nearly as fun, he like me is pretty likely to tell them they are idiots.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:37 pm

I don't have a whole lot of pet peeves, but this week I keep wanting to yell at the TV and radio. There's a local meteorologist who mispronounces "meteorologist". She promounces it meet-or-ologist instead of meet-E-or-ologist. I don't know why it bothers me but I can't stant hearing her say it. WTF? You can't even say the name of your job and you expect me to take your word on how good you are?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:45 pm

Nucular always bugged me, and the local weekend news anchor that cannot read.....
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:02 am

tara wrote:I keep getting these calls. Its always the same scam.. this is your LAST chance to save on your credit cards.. press 1 to speak with a rep now. I get this at least once a day, I alwasy press 1 and harass them back, and all that takes is asking for a REAL phone number to call them back, or if they sleep well at night ripping people off... they hang up. It's viscous cycle. I know it's a scam but the number on teh ID is fake and it isn't always the same. I have no idea what to do about it or how to report them. I just cross my fingers and hope that everyone else realizes it is a scam and does not g ive them their CC numbers.

I was being harassed by the NRA for a couple months last fall. I can't explain that one. I repeatedly asked to be removed form their call list but they kept on calling. I don't know it was a glitch or what but I swear you could see the steam coming form my ears every time. My dad say weird.... they don't call me and I am a member. well no shit, they already get his money, why call him, lol. I will say I was indifferent to them before.... now I HATE them as a result.

I made plenty of prank calls as a teenager though, and occasionally still do (my mom counts right? LOL) , of course these days they are to people I know, not random numbers. My parents run a gun shop. I use to work for them, I occasionally answered phones (I say occasionally because in case you all can't guess my people skills and tolerance level are very very low). I also got to open ALL returns and repairs coming to the Remington plant and had to read their letters to put the issue in the computer (which is why I think most people are NOT smart enough to own a gun) so it's always fun to call up and disguise my voice and ask a stupid question... just to hear mom pause and try to come up with am answer. Dad isn't nearly as fun, he like me is pretty likely to tell them they are idiots.

Tara the credit card call is not a scam. It is really from one of your one of your credit cards companies. They pissed me off and now stopped calling. When I pressed 9 and got put on hold. Call me, then put ME on hold, I don't think so!!

I have lots of pet peeves. The prank call one made me recall that I hate it that so many calls are not showing up right on the caller id now. I mean even the school and the doctor office says private caller wtf?
The biggest one to me is people talking on cell phones in public. It really bugs me how often I hear people on the phone in the store. People always talk louder on the phone, so it interupts my shopping. I am always thinkinng about the best deal, and doing math in my head as I shop. Those calls often are so loud I have trouble concentrating on what I am doing. I get even angrier at people talking on the cell while they are at the checkout Evil or Very Mad That is just too rude! Also it often takes longer for the person to finish, because they are talking on the phone geez! The calls I overhear are NEVER important either. People have just become too rude and self-important it seems.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by WhtTigress Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:04 am

I has always driven me crazy when people mispronounce the word on purpose. I feel like slapping them and saying you are not that stupid stop acting like it. If it is a stranger I just assume they are stupid, but when it's family it drives me crazy. My daughter is always saying buffet (the restaurant) with the t. grrrr.... I would also never shop, or at least try not to if I know about it, at a company that misspells words on purpose. There is a flower shop on my way to work that spells bouquet bo-kay on their sign. I will never ever ever shop there.
WhtTigress
WhtTigress
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 105
Honeycomb : Level 6 - Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:20 am

No it's not Honey... it is a scam from a someone claiming to be an independent credit counseling agency.
Good ones Honey-
I hate cell phones in public in general. I don't care what you did last night, I don't want to hear about it, or your mom or your boyfriend or your dog. I don't care what you are going to wear or where you are going to go.... and neither does anyone else in line.

I also agree on calling and putting me on hold.... I HATE that. If it were that important you would have had a human call. Oh and people who call you and say who's this? when you answer ummmmm you called me you moron.

Moms/dads that give their spoiled rotten miserable spawn anything they want in the store or wherever to avoid looking like someone who knows how to say no.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:53 am

Tara,I really did not think it was a scam because my credit card companies have been contacting me to "upgrade" my account. Both Amex and Capital One did so recently and I did get my rate lowered and other benfits increased. I thought this was another one of those calls, but they put me on hold and I hung up. Now the calls stopped. Thanks for letting me know.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 am

It's been all over the news here... I am not alone, lol. It comes from various numbers that do not exist and any reputable company would be happy to give you a contact number to call them instead of hanging up when you ask.
I've gotten the ones from the actual CC companies, it's annoying but not 5-6 times a day (1 so far today) annoying. I'm obviously pretty pathetic... I almost look forward to harassing them now. It's like a game.. how fast can I get them to hang up on me?
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:58 pm

I know with the CC scam one, they don't say which credit card they are calling about. They can't give you any information about your card. My BIL pressed 1 to talk to a real person (he LOVES annoying the telemarketers and talking to them), when he asked which card they were calling about, the guy started cursing and yelling at him. He knew it wasn't legit in the first place, but that cemented that it was a scam to him.

If it's legit, they will already know your information and be forth coming with who they are calling for and about (I have gotten capital one calls before).
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy2303 Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Woops, I suppose I'm one of those annoying people who walks around stores on my cell phone Shocked , but I NEVER check out until I hang up..that really is just plain rude!

One of my biggest pet peeves...lack of common courtesy(although it seems I've had a little bit of that while walking around stores)! Things like people using the last paper towel or toilet paper and not replacing it...is it really that difficult?
Kimmy2303
Kimmy2303
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Are you all listed on the do not call list? It really works. You can also google the "do not send me anymore credit card offers". That works also.

Everytime I think of a pet peeve I think of all the things I do that annoy people, lol, and back off.

One of the things that bothers me is incorrect usage of "I" and "me". They do it all the time on TV. The media is so powerful that when someone does something like that, the rest of us pick it up and start using it. Take this sentence, for instance: "He gave the the concert tickets to David and I." That is incorrect. "He gave the concert tickets to David and me" is correct. Take out "David and". I even yell at the TV it annoys me so much.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:47 pm

This cracks me up, Getting back at Telemarketers...Getting back at telemarketers
59pearly
59pearly

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Best pitch I do. . .
Hello, Mrs. Blank I am calling you today about...(some bs products - take your pick, I am from a B*S Company, I am certain you have heard of us...blah, blah, blah

After their speil has finished, inform them Mrs. Blank has now gone to the souls of the departed. Ask them to please join with you and say a prayer for Mrs. Blank. Continue. Mrs. Blank she was a good soul, she left me not a cent and I am her daughter/son. I know your company and you will do the right thing, in prayers. Please bow, let us pray.

If you get that far... affraid
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:18 pm

59pearly wrote:Are you all listed on the do not call list? It really works. You can also google the "do not send me anymore credit card offers". That works also.

Everytime I think of a pet peeve I think of all the things I do that annoy people, lol, and back off.

One of the things that bothers me is incorrect usage of "I" and "me". They do it all the time on TV. The media is so powerful that when someone does something like that, the rest of us pick it up and start using it. Take this sentence, for instance: "He gave the the concert tickets to David and I." That is incorrect. "He gave the concert tickets to David and me" is correct. Take out "David and". I even yell at the TV it annoys me so much.
Yes, I am on No Call Missouri. I thought it was my own cc company or I would have turned them in. The no call list does work, I can't remember the last time I had a telemarketer call that should not have. You can't stop your own credit card companies and charities you have given to in the past, but the rest have pretty much stopped for years now. If those scam people call me again, I will turn them in, now that I know.
As for the use of "you and I", I also hate that. I hear it way too often too.
A common online mistake that makes me cringe, is spelling no one as one word. That is not a word, it is noon with an e on the end.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:25 pm

Pet peeves... 88315 Trax, listen to that audio at the link I posted above yours. You are as bad as that guy!
59pearly
59pearly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:45 pm

That's a good one, Pearly! I didn't realize it was a link until you mentioned it.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:51 pm

I am on dial up; there is no way I will be able to click and hear. My guess is to wish you all well and hope for giggles, many giggles. lol!
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:03 pm

One of mine is listening to the news and I hear, "The 13 year old boy, he was not hurt. " There is no reason to use HE after boy. It is very incorrect. I hear well educated people make that mistake over and over again.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:37 pm

I hate phone calls on a Saturday.
This morning I got both the credit card scam AND the NRA
They should stick to weekdays.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:13 pm

My pet peeve??

Men who wear shorts, black socks & white tennis shoes. I don't know what it bugs me to death, but it does.

As far as those telemarketers, this last week I started getting calls from another credit card company for Mastercard (can't recall the name of the company though), and they said I owed $10,000+, and I said "uh, no I don't". Turns out, this company is a collection agency looking for another person going by my name, but w/ a different middle initial, and who has lived in Maryland. After the 5th phone call, I was so mad that when I answered the phone, I told the person as soon as they introduced themselves: "OK... I am not _____J _____, and no, I do not have a mastercard, and no I have not lived in Maryland." She laughed & apologized and said they would take my name of their list. Haven't gotten a call since!
amybeccaz
amybeccaz

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:17 pm

That is awesome Amy!
I wish it was that easy for me.

Are white socks and black shoes okay? LMAO My hubby wears socks pulled all the way up with sandles and shorts, so does my FIL. I make him remove his socks in public.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:40 pm

A pet peeve of mine is when people don't turn their fog lights off when they meet a car.

They are brighter than high beams and nearly blind me.
valerie
valerie

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down