Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today is a slow day...

+3
thebigscott
tara
KellyM
7 posters

Go down

Today is a slow day... Empty Today is a slow day...

Post by KellyM Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:23 pm

They sent the kids home from school due to freezing rain and sleet, the roads were going to get worse. Hardly any surveys in my inbox today at all. It isn't often lately that I have to go scouting for surveys to do, usually they just come to my inbox. I have a feeling I will be signing in and checking in to every place I can think of that I am signed up with to check if there are any.
Mom came yesterday and the day before and we finished my curtains (Yay!) They are very nice. A couple months ago I had bought some scarf valances that were on JC Penny outlet for $5.00 each. They were 108 in long, and each one was wide enough to make one panel. So I knew I would be able to make them into curtains for my livingroom. I haven't had curtains in my livingroom the whole time I have lived here (8 years) I've always just had blinds and valances. Since I was able to get the scarves so cheap and I knew mom and I would be able to make curtains out of them, and then I found those nice scalloped pull shades on clearance on JC Penney outlet as well, I now have curtains on my windows. I wanted something because in the winter if you are on the sides of the room with the windows you get the cold air coming off them. With the curtains I can just close them and it cuts the cold. Both kids have a Dr's appt tomorrow, Jayson a follow up on his acne medication (which by the way is working great). He used to have really bad acne and the DR prescribed him 2 creams that Mainecare would approve, one for morning and one for night. After the first 4 weeks his skin is almost completely clear! Wynonna has to go for a flu shot, the Dr recommended where she was on Remicade treatments and her immune system is compromised that she really needed to get it. Jayson has Snowball coming up on Fri, which he will be taking his girlfriend to. Sat hubby and I are going shopping for the evil SILs and spouses. I am going to let him pick the gifts and am not offering any imput. I know he is getting nicer SIL the bottle of Merlot (the gift fits her well) but he usually doesn't do so well picking gifts. So as a kind of payback I am not offering any advice as to what to get or not get. One may get a Chia pet, or a Sham-Wow who knows, but it will be fun to watch. Smile
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Today is a slow day... Empty Re: Today is a slow day...

Post by tara Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:01 pm

LMAO, you crack me up.... our first Christmas we did exchange gifts with SIL's I had NO clue what to get them, I did not know them well so I sent hubby. He bought his big sister a jug of oil and his little sister........ an air freshener for her car. ROFLMAO It's funny now but I was mortified because he spent the rest of the Christmas budget on himself while he was out!!!!!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:18 pm

That will be fun Kelly! I hope he does as bad as Tara's husband. It would serve her right.

Today is a slow day here, too. I'm waiting for Scott and the bigger kids to come home. Zoe and Quinn and I have run tons of errands the past few days so I've not done a thing on the house... I really should be cleaning. But I really, really don't feel like it. I really just want a calm few days where nothing much happens except each day the laundry pile gets a bit smaller (I don't even mind doing it myself) and the house gets a bit more organized. Of course I might as well be saying that I want to invade France. The likelihood of either happening is pretty low.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:08 pm

No slow day here, I wish!
I took Kristin this morning to get her car registered( the one we bought for her last week) and inspected. We did this while it is 30 degrees and sleeting/raining. Took all freakin morning at the courthouse, then got back here. I am now sitting her wrapped in a blacket wtih Xander in the snugli wrapped with me. I want summer!!!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:15 pm

This evening should be uneventful as well. I can't wait until everyone is in bed, I have a book that I am reading and can't wait to read the rest. I like to read historical romances and I love the author Hannah Howell, I am always trying to get the new Highland series book, but I haven't for a while and now I am behind. Apparently now she is into vampires in them as well, I didn't know how well I would like it or not, but Hubby ordered me one of them that I wanted to try. It is the one I am halfway through right now and it is really good.. I just hate that I read them so fast..the way I read I can't keep up with books, they would get too expensive to buy so many so fast.. atleast I have the ones I have missed to look forward to getting. The series is good enough that I have re-read the ones I have atleast 3 times each..
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:17 pm

edbson wrote:No slow day here, I wish!
I took Kristin this morning to get her car registered( the one we bought for her last week) and inspected. We did this while it is 30 degrees and sleeting/raining. Took all freakin morning at the courthouse, then got back here. I am now sitting her wrapped in a blacket wtih Xander in the snugli wrapped with me. I want summer!!!

Who would ever think that souther TX would get so frickin cold???
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:30 pm

sleet and possible snow tonite, won't stick, but will make traffic a mofo....
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm

They cancelled Timmy's classes yesterday because of the weather. I got a text, email and a phone call. That was nice. lol

Not slow today either. Gotta clean some more from the lounging we did yesterday. And gotta get ready to car hunt again tomorrow. We looked the other day and found 5 cars that we are very interested in, but are going to go look at some other places to see if we can find them closer to our range. I have to be at school with Timmy on Friday, so if we find something tomorrow, we will be looking to go on Saturday to buy. *fingers crossed*
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:36 pm

I got up at 5, dressed 4 kids for Christmas Pictures and a blue norther, got to the school at 7:45, and helped with santa pics all day. Left at 1. drove 20 miles home in the sleet, waited on my dad, went back to wags and wm AND shopped, went to two differnt houses and got the kids. got home at 6, started supper, ate, and am now sitting down to relax. Cant even blog cause BR refues to drive in this crap and he is now home.. Got home before I could cook HIM supper, so he is eating the spagetti I made for everyone else.. Thats like 3 days worth of calories...
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:24 pm

I hate days like that, Chelle. My yesterday was like that which is why I didn't feel like doing a damn thing today.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:38 pm

I dont mind them every once in a while, but shoot, for me this is just the first of many. at least till school lets out. Sad

I will never get everything done. LOL

and y'all should see the sleet. I could hear something hitting the windows and opend the door. the poor dog couldnt even come up the steps..
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 pm

You guys are killing me with your sleet stories. Here is all ice tonight and in the morning I will have to freeze my arse off and scrap the car perhaps even dig it out. I think I bruised my poor beat up tailbone taking the dog out.
The crappiest part.... they posted the 2 week forecast and it is going to be cold/freezing right up til Christmas eve (calling for 49) so for all our shitty weather we are going to have our third green Christmas in a row Sad It really ticks me off there are only two days a year I want to see snow Dec 24 and Dec 25. It does NOT feel like Christmas without it.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down