Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have another stupid freaking cold!

+10
Connie
Honey
crystajewel
KellyM
edbson
tara
aurora04
Sharon
Rebecca1340
thebigscott
14 posters

Go down

I have another stupid freaking cold! Empty I have another stupid freaking cold!

Post by thebigscott Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:49 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrr! I have been healthy about one single week since Zoe started preschool. Last week... when I looked up and realized that the house had been trashed while I was too sick to care or bother cleaning. So I spent last week kind of trying to get it walk-through-able, and today I started sneezing and couldn't stop. I'm sick yet again! I know it's just a cold. But this is like the fifth one in a row since late September. Enough already! I want to breathe deeply without medical intervention. I want to think of my kids as more than walking risk-factors. I want to be think of a hug as something other than a means of contamination. This is nuts!
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I have another stupid freaking cold! Empty Re: I have another stupid freaking cold!

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:58 pm

Sorry to hear you're sick again. I've been sort of feeling half ok, half yucky for a few weeks myself. Like you, I blame the kids.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

I have another stupid freaking cold! Empty Re: I have another stupid freaking cold!

Post by thebigscott Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:08 am

It was like this back when Zaven was first starting public school a decade ago. I was sick for months. But I thought I was done with that and had caught everything and become immune. Apparently all the viruses had time to mutate in the intervening years. So I have to catch them all over again. Rolling Eyes
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 am

Sorry to hear that you are sick! It's never ending when you have kids -they bring every germ home.. I have had a wicked cold for 2 weeks now and I wanted to freak out on one of my customers as I was coloring her hair she was coughing all over me and did not cover her mouth once-plus I work part time at the High School 3 hours a day Since most of my customers at the Salon are male's and it not busy for me during the day -the women that is my co-owner does alot of older women so she is there during the day. But even at the high School level I have to remind them please cover your mouth. Since my son has cronic croup i have to be very careful around him -I wrap up his tooth brush and ect.. in a ziplock to make his does not go near ours -- and thank goodness for clorex bleach wipes-- and oust... Good luck I hope you feel better
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:08 am

I went through that last year when Ceilidh started preschool (with me and both kids). I hope you feel better soon and the colds come to a stop soon!
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:19 am

Oh Karen, I feel for you. Mine has been never ending... since the third day of school with a stomach bug or two thrown in. I will get to the point where I think great I'm better and than the next day I get knocked on my hiney all over again. I vaguely remember what it was like to breathe. I have another stupid freaking cold! 820607
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:25 am

Ours usualy starts the day after Christmas, Bayley WILL come down with some sort of plague on that day, it happens every year. I will usually get it a day or two later, the Pox outbreak of 99 was fun.....I had never had them....Spent New Years with calamine spots.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 pm

I hear you Karen, sorry to hear you're not feeling well Sad My worry is not that I will get sick, but that Wynonna will catch something from all these kids at school where her immune system is compromised by the Remicade. The school abscence policy doesn't help matters because you have children who refuse to stay home when they are sick due to being worried about having to take finals if they get more than 3 abscences. So there are kids with mono, the flu, bronchitis, etc going to school. It's like a roulette wheel of illnesses for Wynonna to catch...I think she's starting to come down with a sinus cold because yesterday she complained that she had a lot of pressure around her eyes and nose which was giving her a headache and she was also stuffy. This time of year is not fun for illnesses..
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

hey don't feel bad at all. my son started preschool this past month and he's been sick alot as well and i finally caught what he had. i am going to the doctor today to see what might be able to help me out. i've had everything from the chills and fevers all the way to the wonderful stomach bug. it'll get better once your immune system catches up. before i was a stay at home mom i was a preschool teacher and i never caught anything the kids had because i became immune

hang in there and hope you feel better soon

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 231
Honeycomb : busy bee
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:00 pm

Karen, I assume you are sure it is not allergies? My friend thought her daughter kept catching cold afer cold, but it was allergies.
If it is a cold for sure, I would suggest trying elderberry. It is very powerful against viruses. In fact, the best brand is Sambucol and there is a $5 off coupon in this month's Walgreen's Easy Saver coupon booklet. Take it at the first sign of things going around, or take it as a preventative during the cold season in general. BTW it also works with the flu virus too.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:03 pm

Well, I slept about four extra hours and feel much, much better. I'm hoping the sleep will kick my immune system into gear. Honey, thanks for the advice. I will go and buy some Sambucol this afternoon. I know it's not allergies because I had a slight fever. I take allergy shots, too, so I'm well aware of my risk factors on that front. I've got my fingers crossed that this one is the last for a while.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Im glad you are feeling better and happy to know Im not alone! I had my first cold two weeks ago.. JUST got over it when once again, katie and I were both sneezing and coughing... all I could think was.. you have GOT to be kidding!

Let's hope for a quick winter and an early spring... then we can talk about allergies... omg.
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Sharon wrote:Sorry to hear that you are sick! It's never ending when you have kids -they bring every germ home..

Not always. Sometimes they give it to their bus driver. Sad
Believe me when I tell you that when a student on my bus catches a cold, guaranteed I will be sick in a day or two.

Please, please if your child is sick, don't send them to school.
I had a grade 7 puker on my bus last Wednesday because his parents MADE him go to school. Guess who had to pull the bus over to vomit? Embarassed
valerie
valerie

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Oh no, Valerie! That could cause a nasty chain reaction I'd rather not even think about.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:40 pm

I still get queasy just thinking about it. Embarassed
valerie
valerie

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:32 am

I get in trouble with the school every year because my kids have too many absences, but I refuse to send them in when they're sick. There's no point to it. Sure I could load them up with cold meds and they'd be able to walk around and pretend like they're learning something. But cold meds make my kids into zombies. They have no idea what's being said to them. The only thing that would happen is that they'd spread the germs around and take longer to get well.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:46 am

Valerie-- I with you on that with not sending your kids to school sick I work at the high school --I have remind the kids to cover there mouths --then at 3pm everyday I go to my salon and have customers cough on me
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:16 pm

Has anyone tried Airborne? That is supposed to be good as a preventative and was invented by a teacher. Just curious because I have a little sample pack and wondered if it worked.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:17 pm

59pearly wrote:Has anyone tried Airborne? That is supposed to be good as a preventative and was invented by a teacher. Just curious because I have a little sample pack and wondered if it worked.

I have yet to try it, but when I worked at GNC it was very popular, and each month I had some regular customers that swore by it.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Thanks Missy.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:48 pm

i work at a daycare part time and we always have parents who dope up their kids and send them to school sick

it makes me mad because then we end up getting sick and they want to know why we aren't at work

hummm maybe because your little germy kid got me sick Evil or Very Mad

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 231
Honeycomb : busy bee
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down