Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I officially have a stock pile

+2
KellyM
chelle
6 posters

Go down

I officially have a stock pile Empty I officially have a stock pile

Post by chelle Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Okay, I have really been trying to get a good stock pile going.

I usually have 7-8 cans of soup, 12 cans of differnt veggies, lots of boxed stuff, a freezer full of food. But am trying to do this stockpile thing up right.

Now usually when I think I am doing good on something like razors, I realize that my pile is dwindiling. and I have to scramble to find a sale to stock back up.

I have 3 or 4 body washes, 9 bars of ivory soap, 3 masceras. you know, found a good deal, got 3 or 4.

But I just went to get me a bowl of cereal. Today I gave my mom 7 or 8 boxes of cereal. I just counted.. There are 35 boxes in my kitchen.

And the sad thing is, I still have coupons left. I have 3 $1 off 3 boxes and kix, trix and cocopuffs are are sale for 3 for $3. I MUST use those coupons. that makes them 66 cents each. for 2.66 cereal. Plus, I have 3 more coupons for BR's total. and of course walmart just cut the price on Capt Crunch from 2.50 to 2.00 and I have a dozen 50 cent off coupons. OH and I got 2 coupons from Karen, one for my FAVORITE Frosted flakes, and the other for my next favorite, rasin bran today.

I cant pass those up. My kids are only allowed a bowl a day. and thats only Rayley. The boys dont eat breakfast at home except on the weekends.

Me on the other hand.... I am eatin the HELL out of some capt crunch. I dont like the other ones.. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I officially have a stock pile Empty Re: I officially have a stock pile

Post by KellyM Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:23 pm

Wow. that is awesome on the cereal lol holy cr@p! I can see where you're coming from, you just can't not get it at that price... I love Capt Crunch w/Crunch Berries lol and CocoaPuffs too ..That is so cool...I have started a small stockpile here, it's not much but I am hoping that I can get it where, if over the winter, we need shampoo, body wash, feminine products, cleaning stuff , that we have it all right here, especially if the roads are really icy or things get really tight financially.
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:31 pm

HOLY cereal batman, thats alot of capn crunch.............I LOVE crunchberries, hide it from dh and the kids
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:27 am

Captain Crunch is one of the things I really miss from before I found out I was allergic to corn. Sigh! Chelle, who has the cereal on sale?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:56 am

Great job Chelle!

<enter Lori's brag>

I usually miss out on the great shopping deals you all get, but here's one that I got recently on cereal that I ended up making money on:

MyPoints had $1 off coupons for Kellogg's cereal. I was able to print 6 of them. One was specifically for the Strawberry mini wheats, but the others could be used for any box of Kellogg's. So I loaded my cart with 6 boxes, making sure one of them was Strawberry Mini Wheats (free offer). Down the way in the frozen food section, I saw some sort of free magazine that said "$10 rebate for buying 4 boxes of Kellogg's in one transaction". I picked it up, found the rebate form, and saw that you had to buy certain flavors, so I went back and adjusted my cart accordingly.

My store had double coupons that day so my $1 coupons were $2 off, making a $3.39 box of cereal only $1.39.

4 of the UPC's were used for the $10 rebate so I made $4.44 on them.

I used the The UPC from the Strawberry Mini Wheats on a "Try it Free" offer on the box. I had already done this offer, but I sent the rebate to my college son. He should get the original price of the cereal back, probably $3.39, on a box I paid $1.39 for after the coupon was doubled, so a profit of $2.

Profit of $6.44 total, minus what I paid for the 6th box, $1.79, equals a profit of $4.65 on 6 boxes of cereal.

I was proud!

</brag>
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:23 am

Great deal Lori.
Chelle, it goes faster than you think, lol. A month ago I had more cereal than I knew what to do with now I am down to a box of cheerios and a box of red berries, lol.
This week however Price Chopper has GM 4/8 so with the mypoints 55 cent coupons (that the register doubles despite saying do not double- I have no intention of pointing that out) it's 90 cents a box PLUS they have a deal that you get 4 back when you buy $10.00 so it ends up being .50 for 5 boxes. I'll be going a few times, cereal is my snack food : )
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:45 am

Those are great deals lori and tara!! we dont getrebate forms here.

Karen, itwas walmart
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down