Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Ceilidh!

5 posters

Go down

Update on Ceilidh! Empty Update on Ceilidh!

Post by aurora04 Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Ceilidh had an appointment yesterday with her dermatologist, and she thought things look good. She was so happy to see Ceilidh and kept hugging her and telling her that she gets prettier and prettier every time she sees her (Ceilidh has been going there since she was 8 weeks old and is now 5 years old). She also took the rest of the steri-strips off for us. We were told not to pull them, but I figured a doctor would know more on what to do there, so we just left it for her. She had Ceilidh use a wet cloth on her face until the stips came off easily.

Today we are in Halifax because Ceilidh had her appointment with the plastic surgeon. When the doctor came in, it was just a resident (no offense to residents, but he didn't see her prior to her first surgery, and couldn't really answer any questions), and we were worried that we drove almost 5 hours to see a resident, but the her actual doctor came in afterwards. He is very happy with the way it is healing. There is no reason for him to think it won't scar good. She still has some swelling in her cheek, but he said that is normal. We are now to use moisturizer on her face and massage the cheek and make sure she avoids the sun, or if she's going to be in the sun, her face has to be well sunscreened (it always is anyway). He wants to see her again in 3 months, but he said he can wait until he comes to our area in the fall to see her to save us another trip up to Halifax. We really appreciated that because these trips are not cheap because we refuse to drive up and back one day. That is just too hard on us and the kids. He also said not to use those scar creams right now because her face is looking really well. We can judge it ourself and if the scar looks like it is thickening up and raising, then to start using the other creams, but he can't see it coming to that. He also said she may need some lazering when she gets older (teenager), because she still has some broken capillaries (I believe that is what they called them) near the incision, but they also may fade some as well, so that he said we would do a wait and see thing. Plus that would be more Ceilidh's decision later on anyway.

It is such a relief to hear that things are looking good. It is so hard for us to tell because to be honest, I don't really remember what the incision looked like last year at this time.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Update on Ceilidh! Empty Re: Update on Ceilidh!

Post by BuzzNut Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:13 pm

I'm glad she is doing very well. Congrats to her.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:59 pm

That's wonderful, Dawn. sunny I'm very happy for you. Is she also getting used to the new look? I hope she's happy with it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:13 pm

That's great to hear. And how nice that she was told how pretty she is. flower I know she wasn't feeling pretty for a while there.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:18 pm

That's great Dawn, I am glad it is coming along well.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:26 pm

She is still having her moments where she doesn't think she is pretty, but they are getting few and far between. I haven't asked her since her bandaid came off all the way tho, but I try not to ask much anyway. I prefer to see what she says spontaneously (sp??) and not with my prompting her. When it was half-way off, she mentioned once that she wasn't pretty because the line on her face was red. I'm sure she will adjust soon enough. Sometime after we get home, my mother is making an appointment to take the kids to an actual photographer to get their pictures taken as something special for them to do. This photoghrapher has different sets and backgrounds, and the one he is advertising right now is with disney princesses.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down