Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to buy good quality plus sized clothing in the US?

+5
honcho
Momto3
Missy
edbson
Muggins
9 posters

Go down

Where to buy good quality plus sized clothing in the US? Empty Where to buy good quality plus sized clothing in the US?

Post by Muggins Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:38 pm

I wonder if some of you south of the border can help with this query ................. ??

I've got a friend who will be heading down to the US mid-October. She'll be there for a couple of weeks and will be travelling around a bit. She's originally from the UK and has never been stateside.

Anyway, she's a plus sized gal and asked me if I knew of any places she could shop at for good quality "above average" sized clothing. I've heard of C.J. Banks - is this a nationwide store? Is it any good? Are there any others?

Thanks for any help / suggestions you can offer up!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Where to buy good quality plus sized clothing in the US? Empty Re: Where to buy good quality plus sized clothing in the US?

Post by edbson Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Lane Bryant, best I know of. MIL shops there nad they have good stuff, in style, not "old" looking.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Where to buy good quality plus sized clothing in the US? Empty Re: Where to buy good quality plus sized clothing in the US?

Post by Missy Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:04 am

Lane Bryant is good. Fashion Bug has some nice fashions too. Fashion Bug is owned by the Lane Bryant company. My girlfriend and I had this discussion the other day. We went to Fashion Bug so that she could buy an outfit for the night, and was complaining how there are not that many stores that sell "nice" plus-size clothing than the two we mentioned. Other places sell it, but are not very fashionable. I admitted that I sometimes shop in the maternity section still because they have some really cute tops. Embarassed
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Momto3 Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:52 am

CJ Banks is good, but their clothes are more casual or business casual. If she is looking for more business type clothing, Lane Bryant is a pretty good bet. There's a lot online, but I don't know where the b&m stores are located. Some of those are Jessica London & Catherines.

Momto3
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 am

You have to search through the cheap stuff to find it but I have found some nice stuff at Ross Dress for less. I have bought levi's, Jones NY, and even Lane Bryant clothes for a good discount.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Dress Barn has some great stuff too.... half of the store is for the regular sized ladies and the other half is for the plus sized ladies. I always find screaming good deals there.
amybeccaz
amybeccaz
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:26 pm

I also want to throw out there that Wal-mart has pretty decent casual clothes in plus sizes that are much less expensive than a lot of other places. I usually get my jeans and t-shirts there and then dressier stuff (that I don't wear that often) elsewhere.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:45 pm

CATO Fashions is small but pretty good also.
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by chjoed Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:17 pm

What city is your friend going to?

When we go to the states, we don't got to the same city all the time so as a plus size woman I search for stores in the plce we are going so I know where to shop for myself
chjoed
chjoed
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Honeycomb : Social Bee Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Many, many thanks for your assistance ladies! I'll give her these store names and she can Google them to see if there will be any in any of the places she plans to be visiting.
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down