Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to be a sleepless night here!

+5
59pearly
edbson
chelle
tara
aurora04
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Going to be a sleepless night here! Empty Going to be a sleepless night here!

Post by aurora04 Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 pm

I took the kids to the community fair by my parents house today and we mainly watched the horse show. Well Ceilidh kept asking if she could pet a horse, so she saw a guy walking a miniture horse so she asked him if she could pet her. He said yes and goes on to tell me how his horses are great with kids and he only has miniture horses because of the kids, blah blah blah. Well he wasn't paying attention to his horse and kept giving her more slack on the leadline. Anyway because he wasn't paying attention, the horse turned around and kicked Ceilidh in the chest! I'm just thankful it didn't get her in the face (she was sitting/kneeling down) After a little while, his wife comes up and says how sorry he feels that his horse kicked Ceilidh and wants to know if Ceilidh would like to ride in a cart with a horse after the show. She said yes and was right excited about it (so at least she's not afraid of horses). Anyway after the show was over they packed everything up and left! I had to deal with the crying and screaming again because she was so disappointed! What ticks me off even more about this whole thing is that this guy made an announcment about safety precautions because they have to protect the miniture horses from the big horses. One of his horses (he only has minitures) kicked Ceilidh, another one kicked another lady 3 times (at least) and another one of his horses kicked another horse!! Who needs protecting from who here! I heard about someone else getting kicked, but I don't know which horse that was.

She seems fine, but since it got her right in the chest, I'm going to be up pretty much all night checking on her to make sure she's fine. I figure it will bother her the most tomorrow and that's when it will be bruised. If I get the slightest hint that something is wrong with her, I'll be taking her in to the ER (everything seems to happen here on the weekends when the doctor's office is closed), but I'm hoping it won't come to that.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Going to be a sleepless night here! Empty Re: Going to be a sleepless night here!

Post by tara Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Oh how awful! I'm glad she wasn't too afraid to go for the ride though, that says a lot about her character Smile How is her face by the way? I'm sure it's all healed up by now.

I hear ya on the who needs protecting. My hubby's grandfather does that with his little yappy dog that snaps at everyone, he and I got into it again a couple weeks ago when he was letting it run around my kids and actually had the nerve to tell me to keep my kids away (my kids how were playing on the swingset-where kids should be, well Rylan was sitting two feet away with a truck). Um no put your ugly little dog back on the leash or leave it home... I told him it would be my pleasure to name the dog when I took my kid to the ER if it snapped at him again. I don't like him anyway he is a racist miserable crotchety old man and I don;t like him being anywhere near my kids... he gives me the heebie jeebies
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Going to be a sleepless night here! Empty Re: Going to be a sleepless night here!

Post by aurora04 Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:11 pm

Her face is great! She goes to see the plastic surgeon on either October 20 or 21 (he comes down every 6 months for appointments here). We do have some questions for him tho. Her face is still really tender around the incision. She still flinches when I put sunscreen on that cheek. She also got 2 bruises right there as well that took FOREVER to heal. I felt so bad for her, but her view was (well after the initial pain of getting hurt went away and bruises started) was that at least it was purple her favorite colour. LOL. Thanks for asking about her!
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:15 pm

LMAO! purple is her favorite color- you gotta love kids! Do you think it's really really tender or maybe that her remembering could be part of it? Is it the sunscreen or the touch that does it? Maybe you could try a pair of swim googles and have her hold her breath and give her a quick spray of sunblock on that spot if it really hurts her? I know sunblock is really important, especially to healing skin.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:03 pm

I have a mini, and larger horses. They are all the times stepping on the kids. but luckily they havent kicked them . They do knock them down, hit them with their heads, pull awaay, all kinds of stuff. But even with the kids chasing them with a rope they are pretty good. Although they ALWAYS have the potential to kick. I am a little suprised that he allowed anyone behind the horses. Thats always a no no unless you are VERY confident that the horse is not going to become frightened or skidish.

Even with my mustang when I am doctoring him (and he has never doen anything out of the way with me), I keep a hand on his rump when I walk behind him (you are NEVER supposed to walk behind them. LOL but I do) I dont like alot of people around my horses, just for the fact that you never know what will startle them.

I hope she is okay, I am sure she will be sore tomorrow!! and I doubt that you can do much other than tylonol. Sad

As far as her face, I have scars on my feet, and my C section scars and all of them no matter HOW old they are, bother me TERRIBLY for anyone to touch them. It turns my stomache for them to be touched and does a wierd little dance on my nerves. she might always have that wierd feeling. Sad
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:45 pm

My parents had horses for years (started out with saddle horses then went to Clyesdales) but they got rid of them all when Zach was a little baby. We had one horse that we swear was literally trying to kill people (we got rid of that horse soon after that attitude came out) by trying to kick them (aiming high), and squishing them against walls if they were brave enough to walk beside her in the standing stall. I've always taught her to never go behind a horse (she wouldn't even walk down the hill to the horse show because a horse's hind end was too close to the path) because my father does take her on walks to other barns, our cousin has horses, and we go to the exhibition every year, so I wanted her to learn how to behave around horses (and cows for that matter). This horse was given too much slack (the owner wasn't paying attention and kept giving it more of the leadline) and ended up turning around and kicking her. He felt really bad about it and admitted that he should have been paying attention to his horse and not letting the horse have as much of the leadline as it wanted. I'm sure she'll be fine (except for the soreness), but DH got really worried, which got me worried and will be checking on her constantly now. LOL.

Tara - I've asked her before if it's actually sore or if she just thinks it will be sore, and she says it's actually sore. But then again, our cat will swipe her with his paws with NO claws out, and she'll cry it hurt, so who knows for sure about her face. We have tried putting goggles on her (not for sunscreen tho), but where the scar ends touchs the edge of the goggles and it hurts her.

Chelle - Now that you mention it, I have heard about c-section scars always bothering people. I guess this would really be no different, especially since there are so many little nerves in the face anyway. I was so hoping that once it healed it wouldn't bother her anymore. We were also told it can take a year for the scar to heal completely (by that time, she will have had or will be having her second surgery), so I was sort of expecting a weird feeling, but not tenderness/soreness.
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Dawn,

Have you tried to 'trick' her into thinking that you are getting the sore out? My kids fall for 'placebos' all the time. (yes, I am an AWFUL mom and lie to them).

Get some lotion she has NEVER seen before. or put some in a pill bottle ( so she thinks its from the DR) let HER put it on her face. Tell her its to take the 'soreness' out.

If it works, and she stops hurting in a week, THEN great!!! if it doesnt, and she still hurts, then you know its not physcological.

Smile

I have done this with the kids, and it works 100% of the time. But mine might be dumber than yours.

I am glad she isnt scared of horses. Mine arent and I am very thankful. They are too lazy to ride, but LOVE to make the horses THINK they are going to ride them. LOL They will spend HOURS chasing them and once they catchthem, they will ride for about 10 minutes (bareback, a saddle would take too much energy), then they come in the house, or go off and rope a fence post.

I am really amazed that the guy had such unproven horses out there. Thats why I dont even let strange kids come over and go out to the pasture. When my idiots get stepped on, or pushed down they usually deserve it. LOl
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:15 pm

Damn Chelle you beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing about magic hurt no more cream. I have a bottle of that, lol, it works wonders for invisible bumps and ouchies.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 pm

Hheheheehe, GMTA!! Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:59 pm

I have a bottle of magic cream too, and a bottle of Monster Spray( febreeze in a clear bottle) it is amazing what kids will fall for.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:50 am

Amazing. Simply amazing how creative you moms are. Love y'all...
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:25 am

awwwww your so sweet.

I just like to think of it as staying one step ahead. Smile

Yep, I have monster spray.
and a dog that was trained in killing dinosaurs, and he sleeps in front of their doors.

I also keep hylands teething tabs on hand for the minor aches adn pains that keep them from doing their chores.

Until they really tick me off , then I give them a little castor oil Wink not much just a few drops, cause it tastes so bad
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:55 am

OMG, you all are cracking me up. I am going to make a jar up right now for the next boo boo.

I love you all, you are the best. I guess being an older mom I just don't think of these cute fun things, I just say get tough, LOL

So sorry about the horse kick, please tell us how she is this morning and how your night was.

I can't even feel an inch around my hysterectomy scar and it is huge. It is still dead 8 years later. The dr said it is a nerve thing I will never get the feeling back. Not that I care, darn ugly thing.
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks for the suggestion of the magic lotion! I'm sure that would work since right now she is in the stage that kisses and bandaids make booboos better. The kisses didn't work on the face tho, but I'm thinking the lotion will (maybe this much different booboo needs a different fix in her mind). The monster spray is a great idea as well. You guys have some great ideas!

She seems to be doing fine today. There doesn't seem to be a bruise on her chest, but you can still see the outline of the hoof. She is flinching and trying to pull away from me when I touch/press on it, but I don't know if that's because it hurts or because she's just annoyed with me checking her out. LOL. She woke up a bit more last night then she usually does, but didn't complain about being sore tho.
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:38 am

That man is AWFUL! He should not have allowed himself to become distracted. Grrr! Too busy trying to make a buck to do his job right.

Dawn, it may be that the tissue under Ceilidh's wound is still traumatized. This next bit has TMI, so be warned. I had all my kids naturally, and you know how they tell you to wait 6 weeks before having sex again. Well, I always did. And with Zoe and Quinn (my 3rd and 4th) I was fine and enjoyed it. But with the others I did not at all. It wasn't that the skin hadn't healed. But the muscles and bones (even 6 weeks later) were just so sore. But they were big babies and fast, fast deliveries. It was at least a month after the six week mark where it wasn't painful. So, it may be that while it looks healed, the trauma is still there. And it may improve over time. Don't give up hope yet.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Mrschia, I am big on that "you aint bleedin, you'll live", I use it most of the time, till its bedtime and they are crying that something hurts just to stay awake (by now I am so tired of seeing them that much whining will result in me calling CPS and turnin MYSELF in, making up lies if thats what it takes)

Of course, SInce I used this line SO much on my 9 year old, he will puke if he sees his own blood. LOL I kid you not. You cant even draw blood from him with out him blowin chunks!!

They are NOT anymore careful, but dont quite whine as much when they hurt themselves. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Momto3 Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Chelle,
My middle child will never be in the medical field. She shows symptoms of going into shock every time she gets as little as a papercut. Shakes, vomitting, cold sweats, the works. She had to have blood tests for her last checkup and they had a rather large clean up job afterwards. Of course, same kid is convinced that immunization shots tickle and giggles through them...

Momto3
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Oh my... that would be horrible!!!

Chunks are the hardest thing for me the older they get. I have been known to dry heave over warm cat yack, LOL and this is coming from a women who is fearless (except spiders) and has gone sky diving. I think it is the smell.
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Holy Cow! I need to remember Monster Spray and magic cream foe when grandkids come around. I didn't know they made such things but I'm sure I have enough information to find it now. Wink
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Saige is fond of her own song.... monsters, monsters go away come again in baby brothers closest.
Of course this is the same kid who had no fear of the dark until her dad ( the dumb ass I love to death) said don't you want a night light to keep away the monsters? She also ate every last bite of her sandwich until same dumb ass started peeling of the crust and told her kids don;t like crust. There is a distinct possibility I may kill him one of these days.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Magic heal anything cream= Big jar of Noxzema, deitin or other cream of choice, rip off hte label and redo it.

Monster spray= Windex or any spray bottle, fill with water, add some kind of scent( I used a couple drops of downy), spray away.makes the house smell good too.

Mine are so used to me telling them that they will not die, half the time they don't tell me when they are bleeding. They KNOW not to tell me if they are puking, since I am a sympathy puker, and end up cleaning an evan bigger mess.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:50 am

My kids don't worry about monsters or bad guys. Scott has always told them that if a monster was around he'd just rub some butter on it's head and swallow it whole. They believe him because he eats everything! If you can eat it, he's tried it. I think one time when Caly was little she said something about a monster and he had her actually go get him some butter from the fridge and he went in her room with the butter and then came out burping.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 am

I tried the magic cream with Ceilidh and she wouldn't use it. LOL. I told her she could do it herself, but it was a no go. I'll have to keep in on hand tho for other booboos. This booboo just seems too different for her. We got her appointment with the Plastic Surgeon, and now she is scared that she will have her other surgery on that date (it's only a follow up appointment), so I don't think anything will work until after that appointment and she realizes it's just the doctor looking at her face. We've told her countless times that was all that was going to happen, but she doesn't believe us (which is one of the reasons I refused to lie to her about this whole process because I didn't want this exact thing to happen).

I'm going to have to get some "monster spray" for Ceilidh's room. She has started waking up in the middle of the night screaming and crying while running down the hall.
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 am

Kudos to you for being honest! I hate when parents lie to their kids... and then they wonder why they don't trust them. Well I tell big whoppers (like touching snakes will make your hands fall off) but I would never lie about something like what will happen at the doc... then they next time they throw themselves on the floor kicking and screaming not to go... and it does not leave much confidence for any other time they need reassurance. My mom was one of those moms... I still don't trust her.

Sorry the cream didn't work. I know I cringe as an adult when I think of something painful, it has to be far worse for someone so young and that probably (hopefully) being the most painful thing she has ever had to experience
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:57 am

I am sorry the cream didnt work, but leave it down where she can get it, she might put it o when she is playing dress up or just playing in general.

and pretend t hurt your hand , whine about for few hours, then 'remember' the cream, ask her to get it, (cry if yu can) and then talk up how great it mkes you feel. Then tell her to put it up and dont say another word Smile

If you can make it mell likestrawberries or such, it would be better Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next