Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To my fellow Canucks

+2
chelle
valerie
6 posters

Go down

To my fellow Canucks Empty To my fellow Canucks

Post by valerie Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:17 pm

Those of you in Ontario, were you anywhere near that huge explosion in Toronto?
That was awful, so far the only fatality was a fireman. RIP. God bless you.
valerie
valerie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

To my fellow Canucks Empty Re: To my fellow Canucks

Post by chelle Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Fireman are my hero's. I have some friends in San Francisco that are fireman, led by a woman. She is a trip. She writes a blog, its hillarious. (you can find a link off my blog)

valerie, what happened? it sounds horrible. oh and did you ever make those biscuts?
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:29 pm

It was a propane storage facility that exploded. Apparently it was felt for miles arould. Close to 15,000 people were evacuated.

Sorry hon, with all the farm work to do, I am lucky if I have enough time to breath let alone bake, but I promise as soon as I have a few minutes, I will make them.
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm about 3 hours from there so no worries here. I remember one of the plants blowing up when I lived in Sarnia when I was little. It was so scary -- it was the middle of the night I heard the explosion and my dad went racing out of the house to see what was going on, but telling me to stay in bed. I was standing on my bed watching the neighbours either standing on the street waiting for the police to come by with instructions or just throwing things into their cars getting ready to evacuate. I'm glad that this one isn't looking too serious and that everyone can go back home now.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:21 pm

ohhh those explosions are always scary!! my hubby works in the oil feilds and they have had a few mishaps.

And I understand. I have farmed and or ranched all my life. It does take it out of you Smile what do you raise? I used to raise goats, have always had horses, but now we are just down to a small garden, it feeds over 6 families out of it and is always needing picking! LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:29 pm

chelle wrote:ohhh those explosions are always scary!! my hubby works in the oil feilds and they have had a few mishaps.

And I understand. I have farmed and or ranched all my life. It does take it out of you Smile what do you raise? I used to raise goats, have always had horses, but now we are just down to a small garden, it feeds over 6 families out of it and is always needing picking! LOL

We have 61 head of beef, and 22 sheep. Lots of haying to do plus putting down winter rations. This needs to be done before Sept as both myself and my boytoy are school bus drivers and we go back to work on Sept 2. Also my parents 50th wedding ann. is next Sat. and my great niece's christianing is on Sun. They are both about 4 hour drive away so I am making it an extra long weekend. Sooooooooo, I am trying to get as much done as possible before I go.
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:31 am

ohhh wow!! Nice family operation. Smile I wish I had a cow or 3..

Sounds like you have a busy next few weeks. I never dealt with sheep. But if they are anything like goats (dumb as cows, but can get into more crap) I feel for you. When I sold out I had over 100 nannies and was selling 100 plus babies every 6 months. One time I had 22 bottle babies at the same time. That year I raised over 40 bottle babies. Talk about worthless as teets on a boar hog.. bottle babies are worthless! LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:44 am

Shocked Hope everyone's OK!
Maggie
Maggie
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:57 am

I'm in Toronto, but live several miles away from where the explosion happened (this is a huge sprawling city). I'd only gone to bed an hour or so before it happened at 3:45 a.m. but was not aware of it until later Sunday morning when I saw it on the news. May not have heard it from where I am here but certainly could have seen the glow in the night sky which apparently could be seen as far away as Niagara Falls.

There are still about 3000 residents who have not been allowed back to their homes. I am truly amazed that more weren't seriously injured or worse. The latest news here says 18 hurt (I assume that these would be serious injuries), 1 dead (a courageous 25 year veteran of the fire department) and 1 person is still unaccounted for. Our emergency services folks really responded well by the sound of it ....... kudos to them all!!!!!!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:08 am

I heard it in my hotel, but since there was such a bad storm earlier, at 4am, I chalked it up to thunder and went back to sleep. lol
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down