Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian

+13
valerie
shadyhillslane
Lori
Muggins
itsirC
chelle
Rebecca1340
Scar
tara
Maggie
manny1968
thebigscott
trax
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian Empty Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2008 7:51 pm

I just thought I would say hello to you all today. My name is Nichelle and my username here is the same as my BzzAgent name. I am 34, happily married and live just north of Toronto, Ontario Canada. We have been married for 4 years and do not have any kids (nor do we plan on having any). queen

I came across your website while I was reading the BeeLog today and I must tell you how much I love this site!!!! Curiosity brought me here and here is where I intend to stay. I love Bzzing and I have always wanted to chat with other Agents (the Campaign Message Boards just don't do it for me). So thanks so much to all who created this site and all who moderate it. Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian 575339

Right now I am a tab bit frustrated with BzzAgent.com due to the long time it is taking to have the system launch. It would have been much easier if I was left in the dark and not keep waiting and waiting for the system to launch.

Plus, I keep losing valuable points and lost my precious tier 3 status today. I worked really hard on it and when I asked BzzAgent Support about it, they weren't very helpful. Sigh. *vent over*

So that is me in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know the regulars as I am a social person usually on boards. Wink

Take care all and have a great Victoria Weekend to all the Canadians out there!!!!!! Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian 439161

Nichelle

Back to top Go down

Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian Empty Re: Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian

Post by trax Fri May 16, 2008 8:18 pm

Greetings From Beautiful British Columbia. Have a great long weekend,. Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian 812984
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian Empty Re: Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian

Post by thebigscott Fri May 16, 2008 8:20 pm

Welcome, Nichelle! I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying the board and plan on staying. Maybe we can help you figure out what's happening with your points. How long have you been an agent. I know that quality and participation points expire after a year. Maybe that's what's going on.

And on a personal note, congratulations on your decision not to have kids. I have four, but only because that was what was right for us. It's wonderful that you're making this decision, rather than let yourself be pressured into a life that is not right for you.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manny1968 Fri May 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Hello from Atlanta Georgia. I am new to this site as well and am lovin it. I find out more bzz stuff here than on the bzzagent site.
manny1968
manny1968
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Fri May 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Welcome Nichelle!
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome!!!!

Karen, thanks for thinking that us not having kids is a good thing. You are the only one that I have met that thinks so. My hubby and I are total soulmates and love the life we have. We just don't want to have kids. Our families and most of our friends just don't understand. But shouldn't you do the right thing instead of ruining some poor innocent child's life because you couldn't manage birth control?

Now, if God wants to intervene, then we will be happy to have kids. But for right now, that is not our plan.

By the way, Karen, I love your avatar!!! It looks like my hair sometimes. LOL! afro

Again thanks for the warm welcome!!! I love this site!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri May 16, 2008 8:49 pm

welcome! I saw your question on the beelog about losing a tier andf I saw the response, lol. If you want an answer on why you dropped, you have to email the hive, they wont help you from the beelog.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri May 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Welcome, Nichelle!
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2008 9:46 pm

LOL! Yeah, well I posted it on the BeeLog because Bzz Support wasn't too helpful either. But thanks for the awesome welcome!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri May 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Hello and welcome from the London area! I'm 0.1 point away from losing tier 3 right now too. Were you in the Silk campaign last year? I think it's from those points expiring right now. I'm not impressed, but hopefully if this new system ever gets going we'll gain some of that status back. Be careful about hanging around here though -- Now that I see how many campaigns they get offered in the US I'm pretty bitter about being judged by the same scale as they are!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Hey Rebecca! I live in Richmond Hill and my hubby used to bar crawl all the time in London back in the day. YAY for all Canadians!!!!!! Yeah, they said something about Silk Milk falling off my record and that is why I lost points. I still don't understand but I am through trying to get an answer. If they want all the reports, then by golly, they will get them all tomorrow. I was cutting them some slack so that they could get the system up and running, but no more Mrs. Nice Girl. hee hee hee Suspect I am being sneaky and still consider myself tier 3. All I need is one report for it to go up to tier 3.

I know, I am totally envious of all the US campaigns that they get. But whatcha gonna do? I sign up for campaigns as they come and will continue to do so. I have discovered some awesome products and received some nifty rewards. Hopefully, the rewards in the new system will be just as awesome as they are hyping them to be.

Anyway, thanks Rebecca for the great welcome and for being Admin of this awesome site!!! You rock!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat May 17, 2008 9:48 am

Nichelle, that's my daughter who was jumping up and down on the bed at the time.

The friends I have who've decided not to have kids usually get the same reaction that you've gotten. And I often have people think I'm crazy for having four kids. But this is such a personal decision. You can't let someone else decide that for you.

As for your score, here's the system:

On your BzzAgent home page, you can click on Tier (upper left on the page) and see the breakdown of all the quallity and participation points that you've earned in the past year. You add all your campaign quality points together, divide by the number of campaigns in the past year, and you should have your overall quality score. If your math does not match BzzAgent's math, wait one day and see if it clears up overnight. If it still doesn't match, there's an error they need to fix.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sat May 17, 2008 10:25 am

Nichellelp wrote:

Our families and most of our friends just don't understand. But shouldn't you do the right thing instead of ruining some poor innocent child's life because you couldn't manage birth control?

I love that statement.
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat May 17, 2008 11:41 am

Hey nichelle! welcome! Smile

Looks like karen explained why you lost teir status, glad you are able to get back up so quickly though! and yes, bombard them with all your reports! Smile

And I agree, if you dont want kids noone should pressure you. I think its more of a misery loves company deal Wink LOL (this from someone who has spawned 4 of the misery inducing creatons..
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sat May 17, 2008 11:54 am

chelle wrote: (this from someone who has spawned 4 of the misery inducing creatons..

Bawhahahahahahaha Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz From a Fellow Canadian 88315
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by itsirC Sat May 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi Nichelle and Welcome! It's great to have you here Smile
itsirC
itsirC
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sun May 25, 2008 1:14 am

Nice to see more Canucks signing up! Greetings from the upper beaches area of Toronto!

Nichelle, I knew when very young that I didn't want kids and had myself "spayed" - I'm 51 now and do not regret that choice at all! Heck, more people should do it - there are so many unwanted children and badly cared for kids out there these days it just breaks your heart!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2008 1:47 am

Hey Muggins! Thanks for the greetings! A big wave from the upper reaches of the GTA! Wasn't it a nice day today? I am so happy for the warmer weather!!

Anyway, I had to laugh at your reference to being "spayed". LOL! I haven't gone that far yet. Right now we are just taking it one day at a time.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I will enjoy chatting with another Ontarian. YAY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 25, 2008 10:46 am

Hi Nichelle! I love your name, you're the first Nichelle I've ever "met". I have to agree on the no kids thing. I tend to be a pessimist and were I starting over right now I'm not sure I'd want kids either. Mine are 17 and 21 and I can say that you NEVER stop worrying about them.
My opinion is that when people try to sway you to have kids they're really just jealous of the freedom you'll have from all the baggage kids bring into your life. Plus, I think it's selfishness on the part of parents. I myself want another baby around (I really really want Tara's baby in a basket (see her avatar!)) so I'm hoping for a grandchild or 2 in the future.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2008 10:54 am

Hey Lori!

Thanks for liking my name. That is very sweet! I haven't met anyone else who has my name (except for that lady from the original Star Trek). I wasn't named after her but after a friend of my mom's who was french. It was also one of the things that first attracted my husband to me. Very Happy

As for the kids thing, I can totally understand. I figure, once a parent, always a parent, right? You never stop loving them or caring for them. I am glad to hear that your kids are all grown up. You're funny, already talking about grandkids! LOL!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you better. Have a great weekend!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadyhillslane Sun May 25, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Nichelle,
I am Canadian as well!
Living in Missouri via England (married to an English Man).
All 3 of my sibs are still in Canada and ALL Bzzagents. Cool

-Alana
shadyhillslane
shadyhillslane
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Hey Alana! YAY!!! Another Canadian transplant! I love it that you married an English man!! You can't imagine (or maybe you can) the number of people who don't understand why I married a "foreigner". LOL! What a hoot!

I also think it is cool that all of your sibs are all Canadians and all are BzzAgents!!! WHOO HOO!!! We rock!

By the way, how is the pool situation going? I was telling my hubby about your issue and he thought it sounded horrible.

Have a great day!!!
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun May 25, 2008 7:01 pm

thebutlerdidit wrote: I myself want another baby around (I really really want Tara's baby in a basket (see her avatar!)) so I'm hoping for a grandchild or 2 in the future.
I have two that you can borrow and they'll sit in laundry baskets if you tell them that they're pirate ships!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi from Nova Scotia Wink
valerie
valerie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi Valerie! It is so nice to meet you. My hubby and I traveled through Nova Scotia on the train and it was so beautiful!! Hope to chat more with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next