Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you planning to go out for dinner? Restaurant Reviews

2 posters

Go down

Are you planning to go out for dinner?  Restaurant Reviews Empty Are you planning to go out for dinner? Restaurant Reviews

Post by bizzeedee Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:02 pm

I came across this site the other day, maybe as a result of a link from MyPoints, who knows, but I found it kind of interesting.

You can check your city and you can bet you'll find every place that does or did serve food. In my town, found several restaurants that have since closed and contacted the site to let them know and they actually responded and asked if I would email them back with those names (yeah, when I have nothing to do Laughing ). Also found one restaurant with a wrong name (meats instead of meets)... and they corrected that one.

Anyway, it's neat, you can write a review and don't have to be a registered member to do so, and you can read reviews in lots of citys (are you planning a trip?)

Check this out if you're interested http://www.restaurantica.com/
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Are you planning to go out for dinner?  Restaurant Reviews Empty Re: Are you planning to go out for dinner? Restaurant Reviews

Post by Muggins Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:00 pm

If this is the one through MyPoints I got 50 points for registering and doing my first review!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Are you planning to go out for dinner?  Restaurant Reviews Empty Re: Are you planning to go out for dinner? Restaurant Reviews

Post by bizzeedee Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:41 pm

Muggins wrote:If this is the one through MyPoints I got 50 points for registering and doing my first review!

yeppers, that's how I learned about it. but actually was quite impressed when I checked on my city, they had all the restaurants in town and some folks had already done reviews.

i checked a few other cities, and thought it was a pretty decent site.

i didn't notice, but did they have restaurants listed in Canada?
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:48 pm

bizzeedee wrote:i didn't notice, but did they have restaurants listed in Canada?

They most certainly do ............ even the mom & pop type place which is just across the street from where I live is listed as well as the Chinese restaurant I always use to order in from! Heck, even the deli at the hospital where I work is listed so it seems to be quite extensive.
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:51 pm

and they're very willing to delete (if restaurant is no longer there) and you can add... of course that would take a lot of time.. but I definitely plan to do more reviews for the restaurants in town that I frequent... heck, even if only a couple of people see it and try it, it's business for them. And when it comes to Smalltown USA, it's important to keep our local eateries in business!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:57 pm

bizzeedee wrote:And when it comes to Smalltown USA, it's important to keep our local eateries in business!

I'm all for supporting the small guys too!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Nice talking with you Muggins... (ya know, I was in Toronto once in my life Very Happy I was doing some genealogy along the way as my husband and I were touring CA)... anyway, time to go shower. Going to a "local" pizza place tonight, just not in my city... but about 40 miles away. All we've got local is Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's and Lil Ceaser. And as far as I'm concerned, those places suck when it comes to a decent pizza.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down