Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh goodness...

+3
thebigscott
chelle
Missy
7 posters

Go down

Oh goodness... Empty Oh goodness...

Post by Missy Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:38 am

I am nervous.. tomorrow it sets in. My son will be going to preschool next month.

Tomorrow morning I take him for his shots and his physical. So, I will not be checking in until the afternoon, depending on how he feels. I like the DR, though I have only met her once (thank goodness) and like the office. I am just nervous about him getting his shots because he fights them so much and he is such a strong little guy. I am so glad that Daddy will be with to help out.

Then next week, I go to register him! Anyone have any ideas what may be on the school list to buy? Just so I have an idea what I may have to get for his preschool class? Thanks!

Wish me luck!
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Oh goodness... Empty Re: Oh goodness...

Post by chelle Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:11 am

crayons (crayola, not roseart), construction paper, fiskars sissors, 11X 14 paper , a backpack (ours will not accept those that roll, so check to make sure), a lunch kit, although I prefer brown bags. play doh ( the real stuff) kleenex, paper towells, maybe lysol wipes, Honestly I dont know. my kids didnt go to pre K . and lots of schools are differnt.

good luck! Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:15 am

Zoe starts later this month. I am nervous and excited all at once.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:26 am

Baby wipes were on my sons list plus Purell. He didnt have to have scissors till Kindergarten. Also no lunch kit as the Preschool was only 2-1/2 hours long. The moms took turns bringing the class snack everyday.

It was so sweet on his first day the teacher gave the moms mini bags of Hershey's kisses and a travel sized kleenex. Perfect!!
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:13 am

mine starts 4 weeks from yesterday Sad my baby is going to school. I am NOT ready, she is
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:13 pm

He is 42.25 inches tall, 39 lbs. He got two shots in his leg, and was horrified, traumatized for a few minutes after, but when we got to the car, he remembered our promise to take him to the park, and that was that. lol Took him to the park, and there was another Mom with a 4 & 3 yr old there, so he played with them. He had a lot of fun until the little girl hurt herself and they left to go get a bandage. Then when we came home, all was fine and dandy until he had to potty, and taking his shorts down rubbed on his bandages. Then it was crying for a 1/2 hour, Momma having to console him. He insisted on taking the bandages off and has been fine ever since. My son amazes me sometimes. =)

4 days from today I will register him for preschool, and his first day of school is September 11. The preschoolers start later, I forget the reason. I think the teachers like to visit the families before school starts to know thier students. I will find this info out at registration.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:30 pm

Bay has orientation on the 19th, we pick up schedules, sign papers etc. She has to have a Drug screen this year for Softball, so I have to consent to that. I am sure my 11yo is doing all kinds of drugs while playing with her Barbies.....her supply list is crazy!
The supply list for the girlies is ridiculous, unbelieveable for a 3 day a week preK class. You would think as much as I am paying for them to go they would provide something?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:05 pm

I have seen some out of hand school lists on other boards so I am nervous about what I will have to buy. I know I can probably get a lot at the dollar store and walmart, but hey, if I can get a good deal, I want to know what I am going for.

I have to get his clothes in order. He had gotten so many for his birthday that I didn't have enough hangers! I picked some up today, so they will do until he gets more. lol

I remember being 11 yrs old and still playing with my Barbies. lol I am sure she is doing a lot of drugs, yeah.. *sarcasm*

I guess the schools figure that you should pay for all the stuff since they have your kids out of your hair for 3 hours a day?? lol

We drove past his school this morning to show him, and he got excited. He kept talking about books. I have a bookworm on my hands. *so proud* He loves going to the library.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Here they want name brands, not just crayons, Crayola crayons, 3 boxes 8 ct, pastels. 4 boxes 12 count Crayola washable markers, 2 brights, 2 primary, scissors have to be fiskars, no off brans, they will send them back home. When Bay started K i think I spent about $100 on just her supplies, it was crazy.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Usually glue sticks (elmer's) and a box of tissues. Around here through elementary school, the girls bring a box of tissues, and the boys provide ziploc bags.
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:10 pm

Name brand?? 3 boxes of crayons? Are you suppling the whole class? Now I understand if they want more than one in case something happens to the one box, but if parents are buying for other kids... I know there is a program in my town that goes year round to collect supplies for the lower income families, so I am hoping that there is nothing like that here. I don't mind helping a family out on a few items, don't get me wrong, but I shouldn't have to put myself in the hole though. I don't like broadcasting it, but our income is the reason I am worried. we can not afford $100 in school supplies. If I can get a coupon for items that will cut down on the prices of things that is great. That is why I wish I got the list at the beginning of the summer. Then I had time to pick up something here, something there. Oh well. I will eventually be like my Mom though. Just stock up through the year so that next school year, I already have it! lol
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:24 pm

Kindergarten they usually don't keep their own supplies. Crayons will be dumped in a communal bin. 3 is excessive. Here they ask for 2 so they can start with fresh supplies after Xmas.
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Our K it was 1/2 and 1/2, kleenex, construction paper, glue, pencils, etc went in the general bin, but the scissors and crayons were their own (we had to supply 2 boxes). They also had to have a "pencil box" to keep them in.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:11 pm

They go into their "cubby" they each have their own crayon box, supplied by me. Their supplies are their own, and they send home the leftovers at the end of the year. They don't do much supply sharing here.
This is for Prek, a private prek that I pay for( local church has an excellent program). My friends kid is starting K and his list is even more ridiculous. I got my dd's in the mail today....., here it is
this is for 6th grade

10 3 subject spiral notebooks
1 zippered binder, 3 ring.
10 folders with pockets and brads
2- Pkg. Dry erase markers
3- Binders 1 inch 3 ring
5- Boxes of Kleenex
3- Pkg. Of Red pens
1-Pack of Blue pens ( 24 erasable)
1-Pack of Index Cards
3- Pkg. Of Paper ( not college ruled)
2-Packs of Highlighters ( 2 yellow, 2 pink)
2- Pkg. Of assorted color sticky notes
3- Spiral Notebooks , 1 subject
2- Pkg. Of dividers
1- zippered pouch
3- Bottles of germ-x
3- Pkg. Of pencils
1-pair Scissors
2- Glue sticks
3- Colored pencils
1- pkg. Markers
1- pkg. Of construction paper

So there are no lockers, where are they gonna keep all this crap?

Students participating in Art, or Athletics will require additional items, parents will be notified at orientation.

I know what the "additional items: will be, this is not my first rodeo.lol
DD will need Sketch book, paints, brushes, pastels, charcoals, etc for Art
For athletics she will need, Shorts & shirt ( bought from the school) Cleats, running shoes, Sweats for cold weather, Softball uniform, shin pads, school team colored batting helmet, Special Softball bat at the coaches discretion( $$$$) socks....and a GIANT bag to carry it all in.

This also does not count, field trip fees, lab fees, lunches, school clothes etc........the list is never ending.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Oi!! i guess I will find out next week what is going on. =) I really do wonder how much I will need to get for him. I know I was told a change of clothes for accidents or messes. That is easy. lol
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:38 pm

It's probably not alot, and I think our schools ask for too much. I did not include the copy paper, colored printer paper etc that they want, because they are not getting it from me. I usually end up buying about half of what is on the list, with no problems.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down