Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the best deal you ever got?

+9
edbson
tara
Rebecca1340
aurora04
JeepMom
honcho
KellyM
chelle
thebigscott
13 posters

Go down

What was the best deal you ever got? Empty What was the best deal you ever got?

Post by thebigscott Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 pm

If you don't include product tests, freebies, prizes, or BzzAgent or other WOM companies, what's the best deal you ever got from shopping?
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What was the best deal you ever got? Empty Re: What was the best deal you ever got?

Post by chelle Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:05 pm

BR got a big table saw that was 149.99 at walmart for 50.00 a few months ago.

oh I just got 2 blackberries for 2.00. Thats pretty good.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What was the best deal you ever got? Empty Re: What was the best deal you ever got?

Post by KellyM Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Last year I got a $200 artificial Christmas tree for $20.00. One of the employees of the store had set it aside and forgot about it and I found it when the leftover x-mas stuff was 90% off.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:19 pm

I found a very sturdy solid wood table for the den so my husband could use it as a workbench. Found it at the local thrift store and it was labeled $50 a good deal in my opinion. When I went to pay for it they run it up as $12.50. I told the clerk that the price tag showed $50 (It was a good deal so I wanted to be honest). She told me that today all furniture was 75% off. WOWOWOWOW! So for only 12.50 I got my DH to move all his stuff off the kitchen table Smile
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:20 pm

oh crap! I did get like 6 5 foot trees' one year for 3.00.

and then a few years ago I got a 187.00 tree for 65. They had lost it. I think someone set it back to come back later, and I happened to find it.

Smile
Thanks for reminding me.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by JeepMom Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:52 pm

My 49 items for $.44 at wal mart.

I just got a year free of XM with my Pilot that I just bought.

We're camping in August in a cottage for half price.

I got a laptop a few years ago for $400 when the lowest they were was like $700.

I got carpet, padding, and delivery for 15' x 30' for $300 cash.
JeepMom
JeepMom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 267
Honeycomb : Level 6 SweetBee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:36 pm

I got a pair of Silver Jeans (around $80ish) for .99. I worked in a clothing store and we found them in our jean wall. They had missed a few markdowns. LOL. Also about 3 years ago, I went shopping during our Downtown Days (all the stores had sales). I bought a dress for DH's Christmas Party. It was regular around $300 for $10. I never did wear that dress since I got pregnant the month after buying it. LOL. My sister and I got our bridesmaid dresses (all of them for her wedding and mine) for $12.50 each. The store I worked at where I got the Silver jeans also sold prom gowns. Well the store was getting out of them, and marked them down to $25 then 50% off that. These were $200 I think.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:20 pm

I got table lamps that were reg $180 each for $11 each when a store owner died and the family had a big sale a few years ago. I still really like those lamps!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:48 pm

JC Penney's and it has happened more than once but this was the best. My last pregnancy for shits and giggles I thought I would check out maternity clothes ( I NEVER buy clothes that cost a fortune- if it's more than 5 bucks forget it) I found an entire maternity wardrobe on clearance. Not just a little mark down- everything was under two dollars. I spent 40 bucks and walked out with TWENTY EIGHT brand new articles of maternity clothing. I kept what I wanted- put the rest on ebay NWT and got my money back 6 times over even after they raped me in seller and paypal fees.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:18 pm

I got a crib , changing table and dresser today. Regular price was $319 for the crib only, they discontinued the Cherry, which is what DD wanted so I got the whole set for $119, teh dresser was clearanced because it had a teensy scratch on the back of it, and the changing table had no pad. I was excited. I bought a pad at Walmart on the way home, and used Lemon oil on the scratch and now you cannot even see it.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:49 am

Tons of really nice jewlery when I was a manger of Shane Co. before kiddos. I am set for life after working there 6 years.
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:55 am

edbson wrote:I got a crib , changing table and dresser today. Regular price was $319 for the crib only, they discontinued the Cherry, which is what DD wanted so I got the whole set for $119, teh dresser was clearanced because it had a teensy scratch on the back of it, and the changing table had no pad. I was excited. I bought a pad at Walmart on the way home, and used Lemon oil on the scratch and now you cannot even see it.

BTW...when is that grandbaby going to get here?
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:16 am

August 28th, give or take a few days/weeks. DD was 21 days overdue, so I am not counting on him being on time.........
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by rachel_c Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:02 am

I got two punnets of peaches from Sainsburys on BOGOF a couple of years ago. They had fairly long use-by dates, so I thought it would be fine, but unfortunately by the time I'd eaten through the first punnet, the ones in the second punnet were starting to go mouldy. They were still in-date so I took them back to Sainsburys, who gave me a new punnet - but the new punnet had the same problem, and started going mouldy before I was half way through. I got four more punnets from Sainsburys (each time taking back about half a punnet of in-date peaches which were mouldy) until it was no longer "peach season" and they gave me a refund! A whole summer of peaches for free... Very Happy

rachel_c
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:20 pm

*guessing a punnit is a bushel here?*

great deal Smile I wouldl have made jelly with the first 2 and never gotten more! LOL you done much better Smile LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:29 pm

A punnet is like about a pint or so .
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:47 pm

oh,

I was WAY off.. reckon I wouldnt have made jelly then.. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by rachel_c Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:26 am

It was about 20 peaches in each one... afraid I don't know what a bushel is! (we need a 'lost in translation' emoticon...)

rachel_c
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chjoed Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:46 pm

I got a pair of pants for 67 cents once regular $35

When I was looking for my cake topper for my wedding I had found one I loved, the price was $50 for it I just bought another cheaper one I kinda liked. I found the one I really wanted on clearence 3 days beofre my wedding for $3

Those are the best deals I can think of right now
chjoed
chjoed
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Honeycomb : Social Bee Level 5
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:57 pm

I got 2 4GB XD memory cards for my camera at walgreens a while ago, on clearance, for $6 each. I am stoked....they were 59.99 each reg price...
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:32 am

This week I went into a local store that used to be very much like goodwill. Last year they worked out a deal with JCPenny's to sell their damaged, returned, clearance items, too. They still have used stuff, but also have a lot of JCPenny stuff (mostly household stuff like curtains) marked down a lot. Well I went in there on a whim the other day and found a lot of great clothes marked down. They still had tags from the store but they were pretty cheap. THEN I found a dress. It's a prom dress or evening dress, bright red, elegantly cut, 100% silk. Tiny little mark on the hem, probably where someone had stepped on it while trying it on. $10. I bought it for Caly to grow into (she'll be starting 7th grade in the fall so the prom is a few years off). And I figure that if she (or eventually Zoe) can't wear it, I'll donate it to one of their poorer classmates.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down