Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Father's Day

+7
Maggie
Muggins
trax
rikostan
Starrlyte
thebigscott
Rebecca1340
11 posters

Go down

Happy Father's Day Empty Happy Father's Day

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:25 am

Hope all the dads are having a great day!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Happy Father's Day Empty Re: Happy Father's Day

Post by thebigscott Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:32 am

Me, too!

There is no job more important than parenting.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:25 am

Since my hubby is a stay at home dad, today is a very important day for him! He's been home for 7 years, and I think he's done an amazing job with my boys!

I hope all the father's out there are having an amazing day!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks. The kids got me quite a few cool things including some hand made cards that were funny as hell.
I am getting ready to go outside and spend the day in the sun.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:50 pm

How about everyone share one their favorite dad stories.

My dad was a great dad. He used to make me laugh so hard milk would come out my nose. And he always called me S.Y.K.E. (spelled out, not pronounced as a word) which stood for Sweet Young Karen Elizabeth.

And Scott is a great dad, too. He changes diapers and fixes them breakfast everyday. And when the kids get scared he tells them not to worry, because if a monster comes he'll just butter it's head and swallow it whole. They know he'll eat just about anything so they completely believe him.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:07 pm

Fathers' Day Greetings to all.

I no longer have my Dad with me, well, not physically. Otherwise we are still having discussions on how the government is raping the people, how the only war necessary was WWII, and yep, get man to the moon but do not feed your people on earth.

My Dad died in 2003 at the age of 83. He was a very strong minded fellow and was instrumental in forming his union and guiding the younger tradesmen.

Whenever I have the opportunity to visit his gravesite, I like to take a small momento. This year, I am taking a picture of Tommy Douglas, he was my Dad's hero. (Tommy Douglas was the founder of the CCF Party in Canada which later became the New Democratic Party). We have a small pine at the head of gravestone, I'll place Tommy's picture on the pine.

Cheers Dad Happy Father's Day 439161
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Lost my Dad in 1993 when he was 71 and while I was living in the UK but I made a point of having my coffee this morning using the big world map mug I'd bought him for Father's Day about 25 years ago! Mom gave the mug back to me after Dad died and I'll always cherish it.

Those of you who still have yours with you ..... be sure to give them a big hug!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:29 pm

=) just gave my dad a call
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:41 pm

My dad was wonderful. He owned a drive in restaurant in northern michigan and every winter it was closed due to weather. I had his undivided attention for more than half a year. He taught me how to read at 3 and multiply too. He actually made me love math and made it fun. I used to go hunting with him and for some reason we listened to abba all the time. I still listen to abba and it makes me smile.
brandiland73
brandiland73
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:09 pm

I just spent the last few hours talking to my Dad, then my Stepdad. I love them both very much and feel like I have two dads. My Mom passed away in 1999, but I still am close to my Stepdad. He married her when I was 13. He was only 28 at the time, my Mom was a few years older, had been married 2 times before with 4 kids ages 13 - 5. He made our loves so much better in many ways. Not only did it bring another income into the home that we very much needed, he loved my Mom so much and made her happy. That fact alone made our lives so much better! After I grew up, I realized how brave he was to take on 4 kids instantlly like that. He gave us a good example of what marriage was too. So despite my Mom being married 3 times (and my Dad was married 3 times also) I have been married once and so have all of my siblings, no divorces. I am so proud of us, but I think he has a lot to do with that, by showing us how a good marriage works.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:18 pm

My father had passed when i was 7 yrs old. But last time I spent some time at his gravesite was just before I made a big move. I went to his site, my great-grandma's and Tim's father's (lucky they are all in the same cemetary, and it's not hard to go from one to the other). I asked them all if we were making a right decision on making the move. Later that night, someone gave us money. They did not want it back, I don't even know this person (a friend does though). They had heard while we were at the pub waiting for our friend that we were making such a move and wanted to make sure my son was taken care of. I guess this person is super rich and does good deeds here and there, but never what he did for us. I took that as my sign that the move would be a good one, and sure enough, 1 year later, we are happier than we were!

Tim's father had passed when I was pregnant. He never got to meet the grand-son that would carry on the name. But he passed knowing that I would take care of his son and his future grandson. It was a sad sad day. A moment and scene I will never get out of my mind, but I was happy I was there for Tim at that time, and still am. It has been just over 4 years.

My step-father is a good man though. He has always worked his butt off for my family. He was helping my Mom raise myself and my 2 brothers, plus my "half-brother" and 2 step-sisters. He kept a roof over our head and food in the cupboards. Of course as a teenager, I was bind to all the help he did (OT every night and traveling to make sure he made that extra money). But now that I am older, I appreciate it. He keeps my Mom happy, so that is all I can ask for at this time.

Tim is a great father. Our son adores his Daddy. Today it was all about him, and I didn't have to tell him it was Daddy day! lol I can not wait to finally marry this man (if we ever get a date set.. or just hit up the courthouse...).
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:20 am

I helped Dh clear some brush, and bought him a new pistol, he is beside himself. He got to build a fire and burn the brush....a little pyro issue there.

I got my Dad a hefty walmart card, he can buy Gas or toilet paper, his 2 fave things.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down