Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Menopause- -Enter at your own risk!!!

+13
bzzinalong
Rebecca1340
kath
chelle
Missy
edbson
idatater46
Connie
bizzeedee
tara
Jezzelle
MrsCuffs
Scar
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Menopause- -Enter at your own risk!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Menopause- -Enter at your own risk!!!

Post by Muggins Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:32 pm

Swiss Natural HRT Extra Strength for daytime, Swiss Natural HRT NightTime for, well, nighttime. I also take Dong Quai, Evening Primrose, Black Cohosh & extra Calcium with Magnesium morning and night and it works a treat for me and have done for about 2 years. Occasionally have a few breakthrough hot flashes between 2:30 and 6 p.m. and pop a regular strength Swiss Natural HRT which seems to do the trick.

I'm 51 and have been dealing with being peri-menopausal for about 3 years.

EDT: FYI, I started taking the extra Calcium on the recommendation of my older sister who is really having a hard time with her symptoms (still) and was having one hell of a time with sleeping ....... she started taking a Calcium supplement before going to bed and it helped with her getting a better night's sleep ....... and it worked for me too!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Menopause- -Enter at your own risk!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Menopause- -Enter at your own risk!!!

Post by bizzeedee Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Muggins wrote:Swiss Natural HRT Extra Strength for daytime, Swiss Natural HRT NightTime for, well, nighttime. I also take Dong Quai, Evening Primrose, Black Cohosh & extra Calcium with Magnesium morning and night and it works a treat for me and have done for about 2 years. Occasionally have a few breakthrough hot flashes between 2:30 and 6 p.m. and pop a regular strength Swiss Natural HRT which seems to do the trick.

I'm 51 and have been dealing with being peri-menopausal for about 3 years.

EDT: FYI, I started taking the extra Calcium on the recommendation of my older sister who is really having a hard time with her symptoms (still) and was having one hell of a time with sleeping ....... she started taking a Calcium supplement before going to bed and it helped with her getting a better night's sleep ....... and it worked for me too!

Although I know nothing of the Swiss N NRT, I totally agree with you on the evening primrose, the Cal & Mag (and yes, definitely taken at night) and I tried Dong Quai, but didn't find it helped me when I started a natural program, but different herbs work for different people... I also take soy isoflavens, and eat as many soy products as possible.

About the only time I have hot flashes or night sweats, are the times when I've eaten sugar before bedtime... sugar is a trigger for me.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:55 pm

All I can add is that there are lots and lots of blood vessels near the surface of the skin in the back of your neck, so a cold washcloth to the back of the neck will cool your body much faster than you'd expect. And stock up on KY Jelly... and make sure to find lots of ways to use it!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:50 am

thebigscott wrote:And stock up on KY Jelly... and make sure to find lots of ways to use it!

I have no idea what you're talking about Menopause- -Enter at your own risk!!! - Page 2 277833
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lexiloo Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:32 pm

I went into early menopause after going off the pill after many years. I was on it for medical reasons, so it was a chance to go off it. Anyway, after some horrible hot flashes, I found the OTC items and herbal remedies did the trick. I received some free samples from different places which was great. I didn't really find that one worked better than another, but I knew right away if I missed a few days. After a year or so, it's gotten much better, and I'm weaning myself off any supplements. I still take extra Calcium daily, which I've always done since I'm not big on milk products.
lexiloo
lexiloo
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2