Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free USED Toothbrushes!

+8
idatater46
Connie
Lori
KaeLynn
edbson
KellyM
thebigscott
Scar
12 posters

Go down

Free USED Toothbrushes! Empty Free USED Toothbrushes!

Post by Scar Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 am

Free USED Toothbrushes!

I visit a couple of “freebie” websites and I love a good deal as much as the next person; so please don’t think I’m preaching from some moral mountain top.

But I swear some people make me shake my head in disgust. Evil or Very Mad
If someone was giving away free used toothbrushes they would try to figure out how to get a dozen instead of just one.

Just today I’ve seen 3 different postings encouraging people to lie & submit multiple applications to get free samples. These are the same people who will write multiple emails demanding their free stuff. Free USED Toothbrushes! 956600

I’ve also seen a couple of posters who were outraged that BzzAgent would have the audacity to charge for a campaign; even though it is clearly explained in company policy that occasionally there may be a small charge.
I’ve seen a couple of rants about how shady BzzAgent is by offering this campaign using gold keys, offering the Norelco XL to women, overcharging the Agents etc….
I want to say “Politely decline the damn thing and move on!”
Most of us are grateful that we were offered the campaign and glad to have the ability to decide for ourselves if we want to spend a key and $35.

The fact that most of us declined (politely) makes me proud to be a member of UB.
Free USED Toothbrushes! 820607
Scar
Scar
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Free USED Toothbrushes! Empty Re: Free USED Toothbrushes!

Post by thebigscott Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:34 pm

I agree completely.

I know I have been loud about my disappointment with Shaloha, but my only beef is that they devalued the points we'd already been given. I'd have been fine with it if they said spend the old point at the going rate and then in June we'll be giving you less per report. That way we could decide if we were willing to "work" at that rate.

But if they want to charge for a campaign I'm not bothered. I'll just turn it down if it's too expensive.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:41 pm

I paid for a campaign before, it was the Fly Fusion. I paid like 20 bucks and thought it was worth it. I haven't been offered to try this new campaign, though it's one that I wouldn't join, but there are probably some who might feel it's worth it for them.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:46 pm

I totally agree, I will take a free sample etc if it is offered, but I will NOT lie about my address etc to get 30 of them.
I see all the time how people said they were teachers, college students etc to get a whole box of something intended for another demographic. I just don't get it, I mean, what will one do with 40 potty training video's and no toddlers?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:02 pm

thebigscott wrote:I agree completely.

I know I have been loud about my disappointment with Shaloha, but my only beef is that they devalued the points we'd already been given. I'd have been fine with it if they said spend the old point at the going rate and then in June we'll be giving you less per report. That way we could decide if we were willing to "work" at that rate.

But if they want to charge for a campaign I'm not bothered. I'll just turn it down if it's too expensive.

Karen even as aggravated as you & others has been about Mypoints you haven't been "ugly" about it and definitely not greedy. You have aired legitimate concerns and asked for viable solutions not "Gimme, gimme and if you don't - - I'm going to make your life a living hell until you do!!!" I've never gotten the feeling that you want SOMETHING FOR NOTHING! You only want what you thought you had already earned. There is huge difference between someone who is struggling to do their best to take care of their families and learn about new products than someone who's abusing a good thing. I feel like the rapacious few are the ones who make all of us look somewhat suspect at times.

edbson wrote: I just don't get it, I mean, what will one do with 40 potty training video's and no toddlers?

I know I have a toddler & ONE of those videos hasn't done us a bit of good!
She watched it for about 2 seconds & said "Where's Barney?" then wondered off & proceeded to pee in her diaper. lol!

Last edited by Scar on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by KaeLynn Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Eh...mine REFUSES to use the potty...we went swimming the other day, and he pitched a fit til we went home and got him a diaper.....So sad...
KaeLynn
KaeLynn
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Agreed Scarlett, I decide quickly which forms are worth filling out and which aren't, as well as how I'll feel about myself if I try to claim something I have no right to. The one that got my goat recently was over at Slick Deals and it was something for surgeons. WTH do people want with stuff like that?

Regarding what I'll call the "co-pay" on some Bzz campaigns...I will not understand complaints from people who have recently had a Logitech remote mailed to them for free (2 in one household, in some cases). I mean, really, how entitled can you be? You lucked out once, twice perhaps, but don't expect high-priced items to come showering down on you once a month. It doesn't matter the size of the company, but the budget and scope of the campaign. Deal with it. Accept or decline and move on. Go enjoy your remote. Sorry for the attitude but it's how I feel.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:01 pm

thebutlerdidit wrote:2 in one household, in some cases). I mean, really, how entitled can you be? You lucked out once, twice perhaps, but don't expect high-priced items to come showering down on you once a month. It doesn't matter the size of the company, but the budget and scope of the campaign. Deal with it. Accept or decline and move on. Go enjoy your remote. Sorry for the attitude but it's how I feel.

I am SO with you about getting 2 remotes. When I saw people bragging about getting two I was astonished! affraid
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Im glad to see this post.. On many forums I see people make up business names to get freebies etc. I won't even post those freebies because I know I don't have members with businesses.. I refused to post the ones for educators until I had teachers join.

Im a firm believer in what goes around comes around and Im not willing to take chances.
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:59 pm

I only fill out the forms for the free things that I really use or my family will use. I have to admit all the deoderant, shampp and detergent samples have come in handy.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 pm

idatater46 wrote:I only fill out the forms for the free things that I really use or my family will use. I have to admit all the deoderant, shampp and detergent samples have come in handy.

hear, hear!! I have a toddler, we got the free (huggies?) potty video, well, got it too late because he is now (dont want to jinx it yet) trained.. but when i requested it, i was pulling out my hair!

Why would I need to get magazines for a business? what good does that do me?
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:08 pm

I agree, toothpaste, or deodorant that I have never tried is great. I have gotten alot of samples of things , tried them and am now a loyal buyer. I don't need 353464758 of them though.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:08 am

Heck, I wont even ask for freebies of stuff that I know I dont like the brand. or knwo I more than likely WONT switch to that brand because I ONLY use the one I use now.. LOL

or if I know I will never use it.

I too belive what goes around comes around.

Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:50 am

I also won't request a freebie for something I know I won't use (I have enough junk in this house that I actually buy and don't use, LOL), or if it's for teachers or businesses. I don't want to take something away from someone that fits that demographic.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Just an idea, if you end up with Freebies that you aren't going to use ( you thought you might try it but decided against it) ...

I put all of my samples into a big container. Sometimes it's shampoo you find in magazines, sometimes it's P&G mailing me a new toothpaste and I don't like the flavor... from my days of freebie huntting, I get random things in the mail lots and don't want them to go to waste.

Salvation Army, Women's shelters, Hurricane Katrina collection sites, they are all thankful for donations of things of this nature.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:20 pm

I sometimes take extra toiletries (especially deodorant) in to my kid's school so the teacher can keep some in her desk. Sometimes kids can get shunned because they smell, but their families don't buy them deodorant. When the teacher sees a kid who the others avoid because of hygiene, she can descreetly give them the toiletries and save them some embarrassment.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:09 pm

BeachyBum and Karen those are great ideas.
I'm always running into women that are in need.
Bless their little hearts most of them are so grateful for something as simple as a nicely scented deodorant. Many of these women also have little ones so if a diaper that's the wrong size or formula coupons I can always "pay them forward"

Last edited by Scar on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:57 pm

I'm so glad I joined this board!
You guys are awesome Smile
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down