Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is with the negativiy on the log!!?!?

+10
Scar
chelle
idatater46
thebigscott
bizzeedee
eat_a_cookies
rikostan
Jezzelle
Ender5803
sati769leigh
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? Empty what is with the negativiy on the log!!?!?

Post by sati769leigh Fri May 30, 2008 1:56 pm

I am cracking up how many of the "happy with the change, happy with anything bzz agent does" people are getting thier undies in a twist over those who express some disatisfaction. ok dont we all have a right to a voice? does not Bzz agent expect us to voice our HONEST opinions? its fruity. i love being accused of lying or better yet not cleaning out my machine of spyware cause no way does Mypoints put on spyware. I clearly stated early on that i DID clean my machine BEFORE going to mypoints. after only about 15 minutes i cleaned my machine again. over 200 spyware. not all of those are going to be cookies!! COME ON NOW!! i wish people would learn to READ. UGH. sorry i just needed to vent.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? Empty Re: what is with the negativiy on the log!!?!?

Post by Ender5803 Fri May 30, 2008 1:58 pm

what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? 813450
Just joking

I know some people use it as a message board and cat fight back and forth. I just ignore it.
Ender5803
Ender5803
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? Empty Re: what is with the negativiy on the log!!?!?

Post by sati769leigh Fri May 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Ender5803 wrote:what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? 813450
Just joking

I know some people use it as a message board and cat fight back and forth. I just ignore it.

what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? 902459 you just totally cracked me up!! LOL
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezzelle Fri May 30, 2008 2:06 pm

People can be obnoxious when their opinion falls in line with the status quo and you (actually a ton of people) are the odd one out. It's cool to post that you like it, or not, but the people that pick on those who don't are just sychophants. The crazy positive zealous reactions on the beelog kinda make me sick and I like mypoints!
Jezzelle
Jezzelle
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Fri May 30, 2008 2:06 pm

A couple of quick questions for you. Please don't take offense here.
1) What do you use to scan for spyware?
2) What kind of results do you get? You said you had 200 spyware. What are the names of the spyware apps you got hit with after viewing the mypoints site?

The reason I ask is twofold. Every site has a good chance of being infected by malware and it could be that mypoints doesn't realize they are even serving any up.
I have been going to mypoints for over a year now and have not ever had anything installed on any of my machines. I do block a lot of stuff right out of the gate and run Linux on my main machine, but my wife uses XP on her machine and still has not gotten anything from them.

It could also be that you have malware that your spyware scanner is not cleaning out, so every time you open your browser you are getting reinfected. This is a very common occurrence.

I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but I have worked in the IT field for over ten years now and have a lot of experience with spyware removal and protection. I'll help out anyway I can.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Fri May 30, 2008 2:14 pm

rikostan wrote:A couple of quick questions for you. Please don't take offense here.
1) What do you use to scan for spyware?
2) What kind of results do you get? You said you had 200 spyware. What are the names of the spyware apps you got hit with after viewing the mypoints site?

The reason I ask is twofold. Every site has a good chance of being infected by malware and it could be that mypoints doesn't realize they are even serving any up.
I have been going to mypoints for over a year now and have not ever had anything installed on any of my machines. I do block a lot of stuff right out of the gate and run Linux on my main machine, but my wife uses XP on her machine and still has not gotten anything from them.

It could also be that you have malware that your spyware scanner is not cleaning out, so every time you open your browser you are getting reinfected. This is a very common occurrence.

I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but I have worked in the IT field for over ten years now and have a lot of experience with spyware removal and protection. I'll help out anyway I can.

polite questions never offend me!! i am usuing adaware. which some have said is why i am showing so much spyware. when i clena out again i will make some notes no what i find. and report back for you.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Fri May 30, 2008 2:21 pm

Adaware is not bad... it's trustworthy. I prefer Spybot myself. You can also get an application called Hi-jack this! That will clean out pretty much everything, but it will also allow you to get rid of things you need so you have to be careful. If you continue to have problems, you can run Hi-jack this and choose the log file option. Then you can post the log here and I can help you get rid of the bad stuff only.

Good luck!
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Fri May 30, 2008 3:09 pm

thanks!! i will look in to your suggestions!
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Fri May 30, 2008 3:36 pm

I will second the Spybot recommendation. We switched to that and like it better than AdAware.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri May 30, 2008 3:48 pm

rikostan wrote:Adaware is not bad... it's trustworthy. I prefer Spybot myself. You can also get an application called Hi-jack this! That will clean out pretty much everything, but it will also allow you to get rid of things you need so you have to be careful. If you continue to have problems, you can run Hi-jack this and choose the log file option. Then you can post the log here and I can help you get rid of the bad stuff only.

Good luck!
Glad to hear an IT is using Spybot... I'm not an IT, but also use it. I do an update and scan about every 4 days. Since signing up with MyPoints, clicking on a few things, each of my scans have come back "congratulations, no serious threats found"

Makes me happy Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Fri May 30, 2008 4:07 pm

awesome everyone!! thanks so much for some input on this!! i would rather informative sharing than empty bitching like on the log!! what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? 78280
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Fri May 30, 2008 4:14 pm

sati769leigh wrote:i would rather informative sharing than empty bitching like on the log!!

I agree, and I think that many of the posters over on the log think that NONE of us over here can see the forest for the trees, and that we all loathe the new system and yada yada yada.

I was already a MyPoints user, before I was even a BzzAgent. For all intents and purposes, I like MyPoints a lot.

But I just don't like the way this all came about. I feel that we were mislead. And don't get me started on the results for the Canadian Agents and the Agents who are under 18. I just think that BzzAgent should have researched MyPoints a little better.

On the upside, we can actually redeem our points now. Maybe I'll finally treat myself to that iPod I've been wanting?
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri May 30, 2008 5:02 pm

I use Spybot, too. I update weekly and so far have had no problems w/ MyPoints. But, I'm the only one who updates anything for my mother-in-law, and I've not been to her house for a month or two. I went to MyPoints from her computer before updating and did get one or two items. I don't recall what they were, but it may indicate that we'd be advised to keep our protection up to date when dealing with them. I don't think she'd have gotten it from another site because she doesn't often use the internet from home since her work connection is much faster.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Fri May 30, 2008 5:08 pm

A question for our resident computer guru- what is the best spy ware and virus program to use- in your opinion. I have noticed after visiting My Points, I seem to have more spy ware and such blocked by my program. I don't care how much is put out- as long as most of it is blocked. As far as cookies, everyplace you go to tries to put on cookies.

Is Spybot a good one to add to protection you think you already have. I usually have used Norton- but recently switched to Panda- only because my hubby picked it up at Sams Club one day when I let him venture there alone- lol

As far as some people getting upset over a voiced opinion- they need to get a life- we all have the right to voice our opinions and as of late, I think burning at the stake has been outlawed. I have voiced opinions here before that are contrary to a lot, and no one has stoned me or bitten me or anything. I feel OK to say what I feel as long as it does not harm anyone else. I have never seen any coercion going on here.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri May 30, 2008 5:49 pm

idatater46 wrote:As far as some people getting upset over a voiced opinion- they need to get a life- we all have the right to voice our opinions and as of late, I think burning at the stake has been outlawed. I have voiced opinions here before that are contrary to a lot, and no one has stoned me or bitten me or anything. I feel OK to say what I feel as long as it does not harm anyone else. I have never seen any coercion going on here.

Thank you, Idatater! That was very well spoken.*

*Those who do not agree that idatater was very well spoken will be hogtied and fed to the camels. Thank you for your time.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri May 30, 2008 6:07 pm

idatater46 wrote:........ I have never seen any coercion going on here.

*must start working harder, my plan is failing*
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri May 30, 2008 7:53 pm

idatater46 wrote:
As far as some people getting upset over a voiced opinion- they need to get a life- we all have the right to voice our opinions and as of late, I think burning at the stake has been outlawed. I have voiced opinions here before that are contrary to a lot, and no one has stoned me or bitten me or anything. I feel OK to say what I feel as long as it does not harm anyone else. I have never seen any coercion going on here.

what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? 78280 what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? 78280 Amen Sister! what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? 78280 what is with the negativiy on the  log!!?!? 78280
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Fri May 30, 2008 8:11 pm

i dont mind anyone not agreeing with eachother. but the flat out NASTINESS on the part of the butt kissing crowd is ridiculous. I still love Bzz agent but i feel i am entitled to say what i dont like too. i have to wonder what kind of Bzz reports those folks make?
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri May 30, 2008 8:14 pm

One of the tings I love about THIS forum is everyone's tolerance for other opinions.
I've yet to see any name calling, or fighting over disagreements.
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Fri May 30, 2008 8:15 pm

well i can be a tad sarcastic at times............you all have yet to really see that from me...........i need to suck up some first before getting to the sarcasm....................... Very Happy
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri May 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Naw...just be yourself.

(Psssttt by the way, I already know you're sarcastic I've seen your BeeLog Posts Wink 0
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri May 30, 2008 8:33 pm

I have always felt that almost anything I can express can be expressed politely. And in general, people will listen more when you are being reasonable that when you're calling them names.

That is not to say I am always polite. Sometimes I just don't feel like being polite. At those times, I have to decide if it's worth it to me to throw a fit. Sometimes it is. Most times it's not. But I can't imagine being willing to look like a raving fool for some of the things that people get upset over.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri May 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Karen, I think you should say that again.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri May 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Should I do it IN ALL CAPITALS WITH THE BOLD ON?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri May 30, 2008 9:15 pm

YEP!!

sorry it took me so long to respond. damn dial up is killing me tonight.

Wonder if something got messed up when the lights were out for 8 hours yesterday. They probebly hit the phone line again and I just didnt know it cause I wasnt here.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum