Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New members... speak up, we can't hear you!

+28
fieldms
tara
CMC
c021752c
olivefrm
idatater46
KaeLynn
mlking14
Maggie
beth0603
Missy
migirlfriday
micphilly
martmum
cushiebunny
swoc
chelle
armybrat
Muggins
valerie
kath
Lori
cheyandwysmom
fergui
thebigscott
Ender5803
Rebecca1340
bizzeedee
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New members... speak up, we can't hear you! - Page 2 Empty Re: New members... speak up, we can't hear you!

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:24 pm

Good Night! You have more provinces than you used to! I know I never learned about Nunavut back in grade school. Wait! That's a terratory. I feel slightly better. I have the map up on one page, the facts on another, this site on a third, and I'm adding more pictures to my blog, too, and with the preview page and the edit page and the upload page I'm not sure what I'm doing. But I was sure Canada suddenly looked a lot bigger than it used to. Arrow
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

New members... speak up, we can't hear you! - Page 2 Empty Re: New members... speak up, we can't hear you!

Post by Muggins Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:35 pm

thebigscott wrote:Good Night! You have more provinces than you used to! I know I never learned about Nunavut back in grade school. Wait! That's a terratory. I feel slightly better. I have the map up on one page, the facts on another, this site on a third, and I'm adding more pictures to my blog, too, and with the preview page and the edit page and the upload page I'm not sure what I'm doing. But I was sure Canada suddenly looked a lot bigger than it used to. Arrow

We are actually getting smaller due to global warming!!!!! Rolling Eyes Shocked Mad Crying or Very sad Exclamation Sad
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:38 pm

Very true -- the arctic is slowly melting!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:49 pm

I hadn't paid any attention to a map of Canada in years. Probably since 5th grade. I thought, oh I'll just pop over to wikipedia to refresh my memory and I'll be able to place my new friends.

Well, it's thrown me for a loop. You've added a new territory, and you had half again as many as I remembered. It seems like it used to be just one big territory on the top and now it's several. When did this happen? Or was it always this way and I deserved a much lower grade in geography?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:02 pm

1999, Nunavut officially separated from the Northwest Territories.

The last major change was in 1949 when Newfoundland officially became a province (and there are still some there who rue the day that happened)!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 pm

OK, I've figured out the source of my confusion. (I tried to blame it on the kids, but it happened before they were born.)

First off, I forgot about some of the provinces, specifically New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Labrador. I'm blaming this on my teacher because I know that if anyone mentioned a province named Labrador I would have remembered. How can you not remember a province named after a dog. (or is it the other way around?)

Second, you snuck in a new province named Nunavut while I wasn't looking. Did you fed ex it? or UPS? Either way it was very sneaky of you.

Then you annexed the Yukon right off of Alaska. I'm sure the Alaskans won't notice because Alaska is so big. Besides, they're all hiding inside to get out of the bad weather.

Finally, someone scrunched up a bunch of small islands and decided to make three whole provinces out of them: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island... which is tiny by province standards. Now I know that it's a lot bigger than Rhode Island, but that's a state and different standards apply. It's only a tenth the size of the other provinces! How am I supposed to keep track of that.

OK, that's why I don't know anything about Canadian Provinces. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Embarassed

P.S. Rebecca, when you're done annexing other countries could you add an emoticon whose nose grows longer?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by armybrat Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Canadian newbie from Ontario bounce
armybrat
armybrat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Nunavut was sent via Can Par. Fed Ex up here is so brutal I don't think they can find Ottawa.
Nose growing smiley... I haven't seen one yet, I was too busy looking for more intelligent ones like Razz and New members... speak up, we can't hear you! - Page 2 684433

Last edited by Rebecca1340 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Muggins wrote:1999, Nunavut officially separated from the Northwest Territories.

The last major change was in 1949 when Newfoundland officially became a province (and there are still some there who rue the day that happened)!

Yep. I deserved to fail geography.

I love your avatar! Where is that?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:13 pm

armybrat wrote:Canadian newbie from Ontario bounce
Armybrat from Ontario? Borden? Trenton? I know -- Petaha-ha!!!
Welcome! I met my husband in the army. He's still in as a part time reservist, but I had to get out due to a bad ticker. Glad to have you here!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Hey I read For Better or Worse on line every day... does that make me knowledgeable of Canada?

Welcome to all our new Canadian Newbies
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:16 pm

Armybrat! You're a hottie!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:32 pm

thebigscott wrote:
Muggins wrote:1999, Nunavut officially separated from the Northwest Territories.

Yep. I deserved to fail geography.

I love your avatar! Where is that?

That is me "lounging" on a rock in front of Kilchurn Caslte at one end of Loch Awe in Scotland. Those brown blobs in the background are very pregnant Highland cows!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:16 pm

thebigscott wrote:I'm multitasking and looking up Canadian provinces on wikipedia right now. I have a rough idea where texas is so I can find Chelle, and I know where Dee is, cause she's only a stone's throw away. But my knowledge of geography has been stretched to it's limits. And now I must know.

ROFLMAO!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Muggins wrote:That is me "lounging" on a rock in front of Kilchurn Caslte at one end of Loch Awe in Scotland. Those brown blobs in the background are very pregnant Highland cows!

I have cows here, but I never thought of lounging with them! Very Happy

It looks beautiful. Maybe one day I'll get to travel. I suppose I should look at a map first though.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by swoc Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:50 pm

Hello all from Canada in the city of Lloydminster -- Alberta or Saskatchewan, depending on where you are standing here. Laughing Lloydminster is called the border city because part of it is on the Alberta side and part of it is on the Saskatchewan side...someone may have been on drugs when they started Lloyd lol!

I come via Frugal Shopper as well!!

swoc
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:53 pm

Glad to have you here swoc! Are the Prairies warming up yet?
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:11 am

Ok, I stopped back in after loading up the dishes, and now there's more geography to learn. But I'm too tired to find Lloydminster on the map tonight. I got so overwhelmed by the provinces today that I'm determined to learn them all by heart.

Then I'll have to do Mexico. pale I'm pretty sure they have states there. But then again I was pretty sure I could name all five Canadian Provinces, LOL.

And welcome, swoc. Very Happy
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by cushiebunny Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:21 am

~hop~hop~hop~

Ontario here too.

~watches my ears as I swear I heard someone say something about eating bunny ears~

cushiebunny
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 am

cushiebunny wrote:~hop~hop~hop~

Ontario here too.

~watches my ears as I swear I heard someone say something about eating bunny ears~
Another neighbour! Welcome from London!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martmum Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Hello, another canuck here from Vancouver. I found this site mentioned on frugal shopper and I already learning a lot about Bzzagent from this site.

GO Canucks GO!!!

martmum
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:
Welcome! I met my husband in the army. He's still in as a part time reservist, but I had to get out due to a bad ticker. Glad to have you here!

LOL, I was born in Pembroke and raised in "Petaha-ha" sunny
valerie
valerie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:46 pm

valerie wrote:
Rebecca1340 wrote:

LOL, I was born in Pembroke and raised in "Petaha-ha" sunny
Oh you poor thing! LOL!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by micphilly Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:44 am

Hello! I am from Philly! I just learned about this site from the Bee Log. I never heard of it and I am looking forward to meeting other agents. I love the fact that we will be able to learn for each other! flower
micphilly
micphilly
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 33
Honeycomb : Level 6 with 2 keys
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by migirlfriday Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Hello from Michigan! Thank you for setting up this forum. I saw it on the BeeLog and thought I would join in.

I have been a BzzAgent since January 2005. It has been a fun experience most of the time.

Currently I am in the Glade and Silk campaigns. I finally was able to cash in on a reward (first one in almost a year). Even though it wasn't what I wanted, it felt good to be able to spend some points! New members... speak up, we can't hear you! - Page 2 78280
migirlfriday
migirlfriday
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next