Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess what I got in my email today edbson!!?? !!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Guess what I got in my email today edbson!!?? !!!!! Empty Guess what I got in my email today edbson!!?? !!!!!

Post by chelle Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 pm

I belong to a trivia newsletter. and today I got this, it shocked me!!

all about the huricanne that never was!! Smile

How devastating was Hurricane Rita?

Hurricane Rita was the fourth-most intense Atlantic hurricane ever recorded and the most intense tropical cyclone ever observed in the Gulf of Mexico. Rita caused $11.3 billion in damage on the U.S. Gulf Coast in September 2005. Rita made landfall on September 24 between Texas and Louisiana, as a Category 3 hurricane before continuing on through parts of southeast Texas. The storm surge caused extensive damage along the Louisiana and extreme southeastern Texas coasts and completely destroyed some coastal communities. The storm killed seven people directly; many others died in evacuations and from indirect effects

I really didnt know anyone remembered it.. Smile LOL

Just yesterday I wore my shirt that says

Huricanne Rita came through and left me with
No gas,
No electricity
No food
No water
and I am SOOO glad she's gone!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Guess what I got in my email today edbson!!?? !!!!! Empty Re: Guess what I got in my email today edbson!!?? !!!!!

Post by Honey Tue May 27, 2008 3:43 pm

chelle do you mean this hurricane got lost in the aftermath of Katrina and people don't realize how bad it was?
I remember Dr John(I think) did a benefit for what he called Katrita. He said he wanted to fair and help those hurt in either storm. He said too many forget Rita.
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Guess what I got in my email today edbson!!?? !!!!! Empty Re: Guess what I got in my email today edbson!!?? !!!!!

Post by edbson Tue May 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Yep, it was right after Katrina, we evacuated with realtives from Katrina with us.

I though it had been forgotten also, so my spending 18 HOURS in a cinderblock outhouse( PIT toilet) in the middle of a damn campground is all worth it now. Surprised
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue May 27, 2008 4:00 pm

LOL honey, yes, we were way lost in katrina. The news people were actually standing in our towns, during the huricanne, and I remember one saying "well everyone is gone, there will be few deaths, and even as bad as it is not alot of damage, join us tommorow from New Orleans."

I personallly had no elec for a month. and I live an hour INLAND. We did have to rely on the national guard for ice, some foods, and such. And understandably that only lasted a few weeks.

The people that evacuated here, mostly didnt get the 2000.00 from the goverment that Katrina people did. cause the govt realized they were gyped too badly over yonder.

They did come in and move the katrina victems who had moved here as an evacuee. They came in and moved them elsewhere that was safer. LOL

But to answer your question, yes. we were forgotten. It was funny, when it was the anniversary of Katrina CNN and FOx and all of them did all day specials. On our anniversary they made a small mention on CNN that morning, and it was just saying that luckily this year hadnt materilized like they said it would, and that this was the anniversary of the last of the huricannes for last year. that was it.

But all in all, we did okay. We were all more than willing to pick ourselves up, get it together, help others, and resume life in what ever way we could. Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue May 27, 2008 4:17 pm

I remember Chelle! My BIL and his family live in Richards Tx and they were making tentative plans to transfer their son to our house if it was looking necessary. It was in intense time for us just wondering what was going to happen. My BIL sustained heavy roof damage years ago when he was living in Houston...sorry, I don't remember that Hurricane's name now as it was maybe 20 years ago or longer.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue May 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Ya know, you would think it had gotten more attention considering it was the first time in history that Little Rock Ark, had EVER had a Tropical Storm warning.

Oh well, we survived, I got a new pool out of the deal, I am happy.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue May 27, 2008 8:19 pm

chelle wrote:I belong to a trivia newsletter. and today I got this, it shocked me!!

all about the huricanne that never was!! Smile

How devastating was Hurricane Rita?

Hurricane Rita was the fourth-most intense Atlantic hurricane ever recorded and the most intense tropical cyclone ever observed in the Gulf of Mexico. Rita caused $11.3 billion in damage on the U.S. Gulf Coast in September 2005. Rita made landfall on September 24 between Texas and Louisiana, as a Category 3 hurricane before continuing on through parts of southeast Texas. The storm surge caused extensive damage along the Louisiana and extreme southeastern Texas coasts and completely destroyed some coastal communities. The storm killed seven people directly; many others died in evacuations and from indirect effects

I really didnt know anyone remembered it.. Smile LOL

Just yesterday I wore my shirt that says

Huricanne Rita came through and left me with
No gas,
No electricity
No food
No water
and I am SOOO glad she's gone!

I remember! Rita did a lot of damage in my little burg in SW Kentucky! My subdivision, well the lower section, was flooded ... it was horrible here... can only imagine how realy horrendous it was where it entered land.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue May 27, 2008 10:51 pm

The funny thing was I didnt have anything to loose. we were living in a travel trailer cause we had just lost our house to a fire. (yes all 5 of us) and I'll be damned if that thing didnt survive! LOL we had 2 HUGE oaks that we were building our house sorta around that were about 8 feet from the front door of the trailer and they fell the oposite way. The trailer was positioned just right and the wind hit a corner and kinda went around it. it moved it a little.

we did loose LOTS of tree's though. almost all my dogwoods that the idiot loggers hadnt already killed. LOL

I honestly had forgotten how bad it was all the way up the country dee and edbson.

Lori, was it camille? I honestly cant remember, but this was supposed to hit galveston. it just turned wrong. LOL

And all of the state of Texas evaced. it was HELL on the highway. we were on the road for about 18-20 hours. and never left the state! LOL

But we snuck back in the day after. I refused to stay gone.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed May 28, 2008 12:00 pm

See. thats weird Chelle, I left Bridge City at 4 am , went thru Buna and Kirbyville, and was in Broaddus in 3 hours, dh left Beaumont an hour later, went up 69, and it took him 19 hours to get to broaddus.

Dh and my Dad came back 4 days later, got into town with my Dad's Motiva badges, but could not stay past dark. We were not actually allowed back into town to stay for 17 more days. and the kids did not go back to school until Oct 21st.......was a long vacation.

All in all it worked out well, we had a great extended camping trip, especially after the first beer run.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down