Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Key Question..to buy or not to buy?

+18
tegansmom
spiritia
kath
brandiland73
bizzeedee
tara
Scarlett
Ender5803
idatater46
KaeLynn
arny
Scar
aurora04
fergui
stlgrl
thebigscott
Rebecca1340
honcho
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Golden Key Question..to buy or not to buy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Key Question..to buy or not to buy?

Post by thebigscott Mon May 19, 2008 5:51 pm

bizzeedee wrote:
tara wrote:Me either, but it would be nice wouldn't it? I'd also happily trade my points in for some more Aveeno but I would settle for just getting my bzzkit.

omg, you still haven't received it? have you emailed the hive? the campaign has been going on now for, what?, 3 weeks?

The second Aveeno campaign (moisturizer w/ sunscreen) haven't come for anyone yet. I haven't gotten it at least.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Golden Key Question..to buy or not to buy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Key Question..to buy or not to buy?

Post by kath Mon May 19, 2008 7:04 pm

I have one... doubt I would buy one...
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritia Mon May 19, 2008 7:30 pm

brandiland73 wrote:I will probably purchase one or two - really depends if they expire too?

from the email:
As part of the transition, we're offering a fun bonus: a limited number of Golden Keys will be available for 200 BzzPoints (one per Agent, first come, first served).

So each agent can only buy one at most.
spiritia
spiritia
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://medhatmommies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tegansmom Mon May 19, 2008 8:44 pm

tara wrote:Me either, but it would be nice wouldn't it? I'd also happily trade my points in for some more Aveeno but I would settle for just getting my bzzkit.

Maybe since they'll be offering things from 100+ retailers you could get more that way! This will definately be interesting to see this all play out.

I'm thinking about buying a key, but it depends on what is offered. I've used 2 keys so far and have loved both campaigns (Silk and the Harmony One), and it'll be awhile until I get my next key since I've just gotten back to the fourth tier. I want to get my hubby a cool father's day present, and my dad wants a weather station, so hopefully I'll be able to swing a key also!

Oh BTW, I used 50 points to "buy" myself a BzzAgent Keychain during the last reward-a-paluza and it's busted already! I loved that little bzzer! I may want another one of thoes too!
tegansmom
tegansmom
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon May 19, 2008 8:47 pm

So if you had purchased the Golden Keys you used to get into Silk and Harmony One, would you feel you'd gotten a good deal? Bearing in mind that the value of each key would be somewhere between four BzzAgent Keychains and two $10 donations to charity?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 19, 2008 8:48 pm

[quote="spiritia"]
brandiland73 wrote:I will probably purchase one or two - really depends if they expire too?

from the email:
As part of the transition, we're offering a fun bonus: a limited number of Golden Keys will be available for 200 BzzPoints (one per Agent, first come, first served).

I'm glad the rest of you can read, another thing I totally missed today and I read it like 5 times.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon May 19, 2008 9:54 pm

i would def get one. Just because I never made it that far to actually get one.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Mon May 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Hey there I can read - just missed out on some of the facts but that happens when there are pages and pages and pages to read.

Help me obi one you're my only hope.
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 19, 2008 10:27 pm

I was totally picking on myself Brandi... the first thing I said was how unfair it was, they should limit the keys. Apparently they had already said they were Embarassed
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 19, 2008 11:18 pm

I will be buying one. I really feel I got shafted on the last one. I had a golden key. and had enough reports pending to put me from a 3 (where I got the key) to a 4( where I would get a new key)

So I used the key to get into the ziplocs one. They were grading reports really well then and As sson as I used my key they stopped.

I sat there for weeks and weeks, with enough reports to put me in a 4 and not being graded, so I didnt get a new key.

Then the remote came out and everyone with a key got an invite. I was screwed. I was a 4, but they wouldnt grade my reports and MAKE me a 4. So I lost out on the remote.

Karen told me to wait, she said to not buy something I could buy for myself. BUT I was thinking, "would" buy for myself, and I wouldnt. that 3 bucks will buy something I really need. LOL Plus I KNEW that I was gona be a 4 any day..

alas, I will get a key. Just so I have 2. I can squander one, and then have one on reserve for the ford flex Wink
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tegansmom Tue May 20, 2008 12:06 am

thebigscott wrote:So if you had purchased the Golden Keys you used to get into Silk and Harmony One, would you feel you'd gotten a good deal? Bearing in mind that the value of each key would be somewhere between four BzzAgent Keychains and two $10 donations to charity?

For the most part yes. I'm glad I used it to get Silk, even though I only got 2 free coupons because that I have had the pleasure of bzzing tons and it was easy to bzz. Since I've bzzed alot, I'm hoping I can redeem those points for something decient. Would definately be worth the 200 BzzPoints to me! (I've made 660 BzzPoints in that one.) Yes I do feel I got a good deal on this one.

When the invites were coming out for the Harmony One, it was a no-brainer. Took that one in an instant, but I mostly took that one for my husband. I know he has more people to bzz than I do. (He's not an agent BTW.) But it's been really hard to bzz because of the price. We LOVE the remote (now my 5 yo daughter can finally change the channel! Ok, maybe it's for me. I'm too lazy to get up to get the remote for her...lol) So yes that was a good one. If I had to buy a key, it would be worth it because we get to try something really cool. I'm really trying to bzz this one but it seems there are similar problems with bzzing the UV sanitizer.

I was just talking to my husband about the whole situation with buying keys. I think I've decided that I'll buy a key IF I can get ahold of one. I think I only have a total of about 3 weeks total in tier 4 right now, so it would be awhile before I could earn a new one. But if I don't get one, it'll be ok. That's just what I think. I enjoy being in campagins and if I could get an extra one, yippee! I wonder what we'll have to do in the new system stay in a certain tier like now? or do we have to do certain things to earn one? It will be interesting to find out.
tegansmom
tegansmom

Back to top Go down

Post by tegansmom Tue May 20, 2008 12:08 am

Sorry Chelle, that really stinks. Hope some good stuff comes your way!
tegansmom
tegansmom

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Tue May 20, 2008 11:34 am

[quote="tara"]I was totally picking on myself Brandi... the first thing I said was how unfair it was, they should limit the keys. Apparently they had already said they were Embarassed[/quote

We can pick on each other. So many statements of what is to come. Yes I will buy 1 key - or should I - I already have one? I wonder if they will continue giving them to us 4's after 90 days?

I am so lost being out one day!
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Tue May 20, 2008 11:48 am

I think I changed my mind. I say if you are one of the lucky few who are around and see the golden key offer to purchase YOU SHOULD WITHOUT THINKING. I think in the new system they will be worth their weight in gold.
Ender5803
Ender5803

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Tue May 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Oh yeah, I'm going to jump on it.
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue May 20, 2008 12:07 pm

I might wait up late Wed night/ Thurs AM and make a decision if I happen to see the change happen while I'm online.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue May 20, 2008 12:14 pm

I am pretty sure I am going to buy one. I really need them to get into campaigns. My demographics make it so they offer me almost no campaigns. I have to wait about 2 months before I earn another one, so I have decided to go for it. I really hate that little icon that says 0 golden keys. I feel like it is mocking me lol!
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Tue May 20, 2008 12:38 pm

I feel you Honey, I think I'm a "special" case though because not only am I 44 yrs old.
I'm raising a 4 yr old & 2 yr old.
Most of the people I see daily & am able to bzz are Mom's in their 20s & 30s.
Though I must admit the group I ride motorcycles with are mainly middle aged.
My first and only campaign so far has been for the Aveeno Firming Night cream.
My daughter (who's 25) joined a couple of weeks ago & got the Ziploc bags the day after she joined.
I was thinking...hey what about me?
I already love and use the damn things I could have buzzed them like crazy.

Oh well Momma always did say I was special geek
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Tue May 20, 2008 5:10 pm

thescarlette - you are special! Golden Key Question..to buy or not to buy? - Page 2 78280
This scenario is one of the problems I find with Bzz. Life does not end at 30/40/50 and hopefully not 60! You still have to deal with family issues, maintain a household regardless if your married, single, divorced - male or female. The family does not end. Your circle of friends continues to grow.

As for The Golden Key - to buy or not - I figure to unlock the treasure chest you must be in the demographics accomodating to Bzz. If you are not in the demographics then you are living rural, you do not eat, and you do not clean. You are middle aged, you do not brush your teeth or comb your hair. You probably live in Canada - like me lol!

Oh, but wait, for no extra shipping charges, no hidden costs - we can toss your name in the hat and you can sit back and with the hope you are one of the elite few! No charge to you. It is a deal you cannot refuse.

Get Your Golden Key and Remember No Services Fees - No Shipping Charges!
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Tue May 20, 2008 7:24 pm

trax wrote:
If you are not in the demographics then you are living rural, you do not eat, and you do not clean. You are middle aged, you do not brush your teeth or comb your hair. You probably live in Canada - like me lol!

Bawhahahahahahahahahah*cough*hahahahahahahahah

Trax, you could be describing me.

I remember reading somewhere that BzzAgent is actually trying to change the way their client base looks at demographics.

I understand they have to limit the number of people in a campaign. Just set the cut-off point after us LOL
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 20, 2008 7:36 pm

tegansmom wrote:
thebigscott wrote:So if you had purchased the Golden Keys you used to get into Silk and Harmony One, would you feel you'd gotten a good deal? Bearing in mind that the value of each key would be somewhere between four BzzAgent Keychains and two $10 donations to charity?

For the most part yes. I'm glad I used it to get Silk, even though I only got 2 free coupons because that I have had the pleasure of bzzing tons and it was easy to bzz. Since I've bzzed alot, I'm hoping I can redeem those points for something decient. Would definately be worth the 200 BzzPoints to me! (I've made 660 BzzPoints in that one.) Yes I do feel I got a good deal on this one.

That's a really good point! Using the key as a way to invest your points and build them up is SMART. I hadn't thought of it that way. So far, I've earned three keys and used two of them. I was VERY happy with my use to get into the FLY Fusion campaign because both of my older kids LOVED it. It was well worth it to me, even though I used the Golden Key AND had to pay $20 to get into the campaign. I also used it for the Logitech Harmony One remote, and I like the remote a lot, but not as much as you might think. I do think it's super cool, but like all remotes, the main problem is that I can't find it when I want it, or the baby keeps trying to eat it, LOL. It's a very cool remote, but not life changing. I think it was a good use of my key, but I wouldn't have thought it worth it if I had to pay to get in the campaign and use the key like I did the FLY pen.

I've turned down a lot of Golden Key campaigns, but the two I accepted I'm happy with. And in both cases, I earned or will earn more than 200 BzzPoints in the campaign. So as an investment, they paid off. So I think that I will buy a key if I can. I was on the fence, but it makes sense when you view it that way.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Tue May 20, 2008 7:51 pm

Could be another scenario of a Black Day in July and proceed to Dancin' In The Streets.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2