Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massacre in Connecticut

3 posters

Go down

Massacre in Connecticut Empty Massacre in Connecticut

Post by agaphmou Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm sick to my stomach.Two bastards murdered 27 people in a school,18 kids,mostly kindergarteners.One of the murderers is a father of one of the kids
agaphmou
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Massacre in Connecticut Empty Re: Massacre in Connecticut

Post by bizzeedee Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm

You listened to earlier news obviously, it was 20 kids (2 died in the hospital), 6 adults and an unknown person in the household of the killer, and it wasnt a father, but a son of one of the teachers. The first that the newscasters reported was the wrong son as he was alive and well on FB. I hate that this happened, and I hate that the news in so in the face of everthing they report incorrect information.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Its definitely tragic! And its horrible that the news rushes to have breaking coverage and makes false reports! What I just read said it was a teacher aid's son, but I've only read article and it makes me sick to read anymore... I'll be avoiding media for a few days.

I was subbing today and we were suppose to have a scheduled firedrill, but it was raining. I'm not sure how quickly the news of this tragedy came out, but when I reported for work... I was told we were now practicing a "secure campus" drill. I heard mentions of it at lunch, but it didn't register(had a very rowdy group of 1st graders, so I was in a bit of a daze) until I heard talk on the radio.
As a sub, I feel so unprepared by the schools/districts a lot of the times for any emergency situations(or practice drills)... I usually have to recall what we did from my own school days and then hope a student helps me or just follow the other teachers.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:37 pm

the news broke at 9:30 EST today, it's been on TV on day ... only because the media feels a need to be there and yes, Jessica, quickly report incorrect news.. is pisses me off. Makes me think of gawkers at crimes scenes... please respect the privacy of all families involved and give them a chance to grieve in private and heal. Many children and adults have a lot to deal with.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:39 am

Yes I've been watching all day b/c I always have the tv on in the background and they kept giving wrong info the whole time I know it was update to 20 kids but I can't believe they died in the hospital,the hospital wasn't releasing any info.I feel like I'm in a fog,almost numb
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:03 am

I know after we had the Santana High Shooting(i think in 2002... it made national news and the band P.O.D. was recording down the street and caught a lot of commotion on one of their tracks they were recording) locally when I was still in high school(same district)... I definitely felt numb and in a fog for a long time afterwards! It turns your world upside down and takes away any sense of security that you once had... it didn't help that a month later, another kid in the same district tried to do the same thing(luckily no one died and I think the kid commited suicide while waiting to go to trial). Then it became a wondering if my school was going to be next and if this was all part of a bigger plot.

elementary schools are a safe haven for a lot of kids these days and when bad people threaten a child's safe haven... the child loses their chance to let their guard down and just be a child.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 am

Wow! I had no idea about that incident Jessica.God only knows what the long term effects of this trauma will have on these poor little ones.Just horrible,horrible.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 pm

It didn't have the number of casualties that some of the other school shootings have had, but even 10+ years later i know it still affects the community. The young man that did this is in prison(I forget what his sentence is), but there is a small group of individuals that are fighting to have his sentence overturned.

These kids will probably have some serious issues... ptsd for sure and then as the world is able to move on, these poor kids and their community will be forgotten unfortunately(while they will be dealing with it for the rest of their lives).

This horrible tragedy has stirred up so many questions and seems to have turned into another political issue, so I'm trying to not follow it too closely at this point.
I know that I have many questions as to how this was able to even happen in the first place especially as more details are coming out!
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm

he broke a glass window,that's how he got in.I think all schools should have metal bars on all windows.The big question is why for me.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:43 pm

thats what I mean... mostly why?

I can't imagine that he just randomly decided to do this in the spur of the moment and its hard to believe that there were no warning signs(again I haven't been following too closely since the media has gotten some details wrong...) and I hate to question the mother's choices or the shooter's family because its truely a horrific event for all involved, but I can't help to think that this could have been prevented.

most schools around here are gated and the only open gate during school hours is the one near the office. They really do try to make school campuses as secure as possible, but a determined person will find a way in no matter what.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down