Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob from Wisconsin

+2
tara
Lori
6 posters

Go down

Noob from Wisconsin Empty Noob from Wisconsin

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:17 am

Hello!

I just joined BzzAgent a couple weeks ago and I'm both excited and frustrated. I'm super excited about the chance to earn products, but I'm frustrated because I don't know much about the early stages of this program. I did a million surveys when I first signed up and I've done all that have slowly popped up since, and I've connected my accounts . . . but now what? I just sit and wait and hope a new survey pops up once in a while? How long does it take to be offered your first campaign? Is there anything else I can be doing in the meantime to boost my chances?

A bit about myself . . . I'm 45, married, with two young adult sons (20 & 18). I work full-time in fruit juice factory, have lived in this same smalltown area of Wisconsin all my life, and am a Minnesota Vikings fan. I love music, reading, wasting time online, photography, and many other things. Over the last couple years I've become a bath and body product fanatic, and even used to make/sell my own goat milk soap. It's from that experience, and discovering a whole world of handcrafted bath and body products, that I've lately been doing a lot of reviews on my blog. I'm also a tart/candle lover!

Alrighty then, I'll stop rambling now. Smile

~Deb

Back to top Go down

Noob from Wisconsin Empty Re: Noob from Wisconsin

Post by Lori Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Deb, and welcome! I'm one of the moderators here, and have been an agent since late 2008. When I signed up with BzzAgent I happened to get invited to a campaign after a week to a week and a half. But - there are so many more BzzAgents now! Competition for campaigns is fierce, and there are only so many to go around. I have been without a campaign since the last one I joined last November ended in January.

Thanks for joining us, and we'd love it if you could post any campaign invitations that you receive in the BzzChat section. If you don't see a topic started for a campaign you've been invited to, feel free to start one yourself. Actually, join in whenever you feel like it! Smile
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:41 am

Oh, I forgot to add: I'm 51, married, and also have 2 adult sons, 25 and 20. I'm not a sports lover unless you're talking hockey and the Red Wings! I also love reading and Geocaching , although this is not the season for it. There was a Leap Day Geocaching event scheduled last week that we were unable to attend because of a big snowstorm, and we just got 14 more inches Fri/Sat.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Deb and Welcome!
I'm Tara, 31 mom to two (7,4) from central NY (state- not city) I've been a bzz agent for a few years, I want to say it was about a month before I got my first campaign. But, things were a lot different back then. Hopefully you will see one soon, keep checking your page.

Lori- we have had the weirdest winter ever. Syracuse has lost it's title of the most annual snowfall (gee- that's awful- lol) it's kinda of depressing to know we usually get more snow than they do in Anchorage AK. We've barely got 14 inches all year! It was 60 Sat. Today is 30 with a dusting of snow, they are calling for 67 on Wed! We haven't had to plow a single time. The one snow day we had, was melted away before they would have made it home from school.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:42 am

tara wrote:

Lori- we have had the weirdest winter ever. Syracuse has lost it's title of the most annual snowfall (gee- that's awful- lol) it's kinda of depressing to know we usually get more snow than they do in Anchorage AK. We've barely got 14 inches all year! It was 60 Sat. Today is 30 with a dusting of snow, they are calling for 67 on Wed! We haven't had to plow a single time. The one snow day we had, was melted away before they would have made it home from school.
I know, it's crazy! Before this week we have barely had snow. Some areas were like 90-some inches below where they should have been in snowfall. This storm dumped on us, but we didn't really have strong winds with it. There are still nearly 3,000 in our county without power since Friday night, so almost all schools are closed. The roads are clear - it was just a heavy, wet snowfall that brought down a lot of trees (we lost 4).
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Geocaching . . . interesting. I'd never heard of it and had to look it up after reading your comment.

As for the weather, we've had more winter here in the last several days than we'd had in the whole winter so far. It's barely 20degrees here this morning, yet they're saying it'll be near 60 tomorrow. Crazy. I'm not complaining too much though! lol

~Deb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Oh hey, Lori . . . is there any way to change the email addy that we used to register here? I had to use my backup email because it kept telling my other one was invalid. (Huh??) Anyway, if there is a way to change it, I'd much rather use my main addy.

Thanks.
~Deb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Try clicking on the Profile Tab up above. You can add a signature or modify your information there. You can also add an avatar if you wish.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi and welcome! I'm Rebecca and I started this site. I'm in Ontario, Canada. When I joined BzzAgent I had a campaign waiting for me, but at the time they were recruiting Canadians.
If you have any problems changing your email address let me know and I can change it for you.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi, Rebecca.

I've checked the profile area several times and there is no option to change my email. I can change my password, or my username, but not my email.

~Deb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Ok. If you PM me the addy I can change it for you.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Welcome Deb! I'm 43 and a single mother to two doggies lol .I live in Queens NY, and I also got my first campaign within a few days of signing up,but like Lori said it's more of a waiting game now.
agaphmou
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Hey Deb, I'm Diane (AKA Dee) and I'm older than dirt with 3 granddaughters (bty my daughters name is Deborah)

Been a Bzz Agent since, I think '06 or '07 and survived the big "switch" (ie pre My Points)

Back in the days, lots of campaigns... but like the other gals said, competition with so many new members, campaigns are few are far between.

Here at Unofficial Bzz... we are family... many have been since day one, which I think was '08 .. we share a lot more than Bzz Agent, so please feel free to do the same...

Welcome ! (and fyi, I live in SW KY and we've had less than 1/2" of snow this winter Very Happy )

bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Hello Deb and Welcome. I am Beverlee, 56 years old, and I reside in rural British Columbia - Canada. BzzAgent is slow for us Canadians - we take what we can get.

Here on this site; well as someone mentioned previously we are like one big family. It is a great site, well maintained and very informative.

As you can see from my picture; I enjoy the music of John Prine. You may have heard of him - he is playing Milwaukee tomorrow night.

trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Hello, everyone. Thanks for welcoming this noob. Smile

So the campaigns will just be invites that show up in your email? I've looked at the BB cream and the pet food ones on the site several times and they don't say they're full, but I guess all I can do is sit and wait? And from what I've been reading, it almost seems there is no rhyme or reason for who they pick? Hmm, this is all very discouraging.

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention it but is anyone here an Influenster? Because that's another site I'm not feeling too sure about.

~Deb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Yes, Deb, you need to log in (and out again!) to see campaign invitations. I never count on an email to alert me. MANY times the campaign will be full when you get around to checking it out.

Do you have pets? If so, I'm sort of surprised that you didn't get the Hills Science Diet. Many people on FB are saying this is their first campaign.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Ok, logged out and logged back in . . . and don't see anything different. Poo!

I do have pets, two cats.

~Deb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Well, keep checking occasionally. It takes a few days to fill campaigns completely.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down